Stay Away From This Terrible Drug Propecia

INT

Reaction score
There is far more than just a few isolated cases.
This is Chemical Castration, go ahead though you might be a very few who didn't have watery jizz or erection problem.

I mean what other drugs in the world give 99.99% of it's user WATERY JIZZ... Does this alarm bells going f*****g off in your head now?

Even though I am one of the ones that got screwed by finasteride big time I deeply cringe when I see that guys like you make 'us' look less credible. I would not be surprised if your posts actually make people more likely to get on finasteride. I remember in my pre-finasteride days reading comments like yours and it made me more certain that the horror stories were made up by conspiracy thinkers.

zinny999

Reaction score
Even though I am one of the ones that got screwed by finasteride big time I deeply cringe when I see that guys like you make 'us' look less credible. I would not be surprised if your posts actually make people more likely to get on finasteride. I remember in my pre-finasteride days reading comments like yours and it made me more certain that the horror stories were made up by conspiracy thinkers.

Learn it the hard way then. Is really is not my responsibility if people want to throw their health into the fire.
Let them have it. Maybe is best to learn it this way.

Like any child, they will need to learn these lessons on their own.

zinny999

Reaction score
Not really, especially if you’re level headed enough to know that a drug that SHRINKS your prostate, you know, the original intended use of finasteride. If you know that your prostate shrinks (which is what’s used to push semen through to cause you to ejaculate) then it would prob make sense why loads are more watery/reduced.

Really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to put two and two together buddy.

I’ve been on and off the drug since 2015 and I am nowhere close to “chemically castrated” although I do notice a slight reduction in libido, all my sexual
Encounters have went just as they went prior to finasteride.

Again, not discrediting those who get sides, but I mean “chemical castration” is a reach

Sorry if I come across this way, but yes I'm not as educated on these thing.
However my Dick is my temple/shrine, if anything effect it, I am sure I will jump in front of the Bus without a second thought.

Soo glad I have 100% recovered from this of course.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonna drop that i tried propecia for a brief time and 6 months later after discontinuing im left with hypogonandal dht levels and symptoms of androgen deficiency. For some people dht is important, the risk is small i thought so too, but now im panicking ill be stuck with a limp dick forever

Jason richards

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to make an account and chime in been on Finasteride for 14 years and still going strong. I don’t doubt that a lot of you get terrible sides but thru the years ive seen so many people post that just don’t seem to be there mentally if you know what I mean? These forums tend to have people with OCD and other mental illness that causes them to look for clues and changes in there body and then associate that with Propecia usage..my favorite kind is the guy who takes one pill and all of sudden has erectile dysfunction. Remember alcohol,cigarettes,painkillers, all lead to sexual dysfunction so please don’t associate every negative in your life to a pill.

INT

Reaction score
I had to make an account and chime in been on Finasteride for 14 years and still going strong. I don’t doubt that a lot of you get terrible sides but thru the years ive seen so many people post that just don’t seem to be there mentally if you know what I mean? These forums tend to have people with OCD and other mental illness that causes them to look for clues and changes in there body and then associate that with Propecia usage..my favorite kind is the guy who takes one pill and all of sudden has erectile dysfunction. Remember alcohol,cigarettes,painkillers, all lead to sexual dysfunction so please don’t associate every negative in your life to a pill.

I agree, it is very unlikely that one pill of finasteride will cause ED. But then again, 5ar is very poorly understood so we cannot exclude anything.

You can also not say that these forums tend to have people with OCD. Do you have any date on this? I know, it is a kind of childish question because you obviously cannot have that data but still... I can also see where you are coming from. You are using a specific pill for a long time without any noticable side effects (good for you by the way) so I can imagine that it is hard to imagine for you that there are people whose life changed for the worst because of that very same pill.

Yes alcohol, cigarettes, painkillers etc can lead to sexual dysfunction... The difference with 5ar inhibitors is that it usually takes decadedes of overconsumption for these effects to take place. For me, it took me a few weeks of usage and my crash came literally over night.

INT

Reaction score
Learn it the hard way then. Is really is not my responsibility if people want to throw their health into the fire.
Let them have it. Maybe is best to learn it this way.

Like any child, they will need to learn these lessons on their own.

You are not getting my point. If you truly want to avoid that people take this drug then this is not the right way to achieve this. By stating such polarizing comments you show rational people that you (and thus also everyone else that got screwed over by finasteride) should not be taken serious.

Jason richards

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even castrated males get erections I just don’t understand how people came to associate Propecia to
I agree, it is very unlikely that one pill of finasteride will cause ED. But then again, 5ar is very poorly understood so we cannot exclude anything.

You can also not say that these forums tend to have people with OCD. Do you have any date on this? I know, it is a kind of childish question because you obviously cannot have that data but still... I can also see where you are coming from. You are using a specific pill for a long time without any noticable side effects (good for you by the way) so I can imagine that it is hard to imagine for you that there are people whose life changed for the worst because of that very same pill.

Yes alcohol, cigarettes, painkillers etc can lead to sexual dysfunction... The difference with 5ar inhibitors is that it usually takes decadedes of overconsumption for these effects to take place. For me, it took me a few weeks of usage and my crash came literally over night.
i just don’t understand how even males who have had testicals removed still can function sexually and then a person takes this pill once and they lose all motivation to live, have sex, be happy etc? I believe many users need a psychological screening more than anything else before considering taking any form of of Medication. Its really easy to discern who are the ones that are prone to such reactions..frequent posting (like 100 in under a month), pseudoscience, etc...

Jason richards

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cold medicine such as NyQuil which you can buy at Publix also causes ED but it is temporary and will stop after discontinuation. A lot of things that people typically consume but never even bother to search up the sides for also impacts you.. hopefully you catch where I’m going.

INT

Reaction score
Even castrated males get erections

No they can't. Maybe in a few weeks after their castration yes, but not long term. Sure, maybe you will find a singular case study somewhere on the web but that you can find for pretty much everything.

i just don’t understand how even males who have had testicals removed still can function sexually and then a person takes this pill once and they lose all motivation to live, have sex, be happy etc?

When I eat gluten I am fine. When my cousin ate a bagel as a child he nearly died. Our bodies our different. Chemicals are unpredictable.

I believe many users need a psychological screening more than anything else before considering taking any form of of Medication.

I do not disagree with this. Very difficult to realize however.

Its really easy to discern who are the ones that are prone to such reactions..frequent posting (like 100 in under a month), pseudoscience, etc...

This is quite ironic because you are using pseudoscience yourself. You claim frequent posting is a metric that indicates susceptibility to 'such reactions' (I assume you mean the placebo/nocebo effects thats are commonly mentioned with finasteride use). That is the definition of pseudoscience. It is nothing more than a biased assumption based on your own experience with the drug.

INT

Reaction score
Cold medicine such as NyQuil which you can buy at Publix also causes ED but it is temporary and will stop after discontinuation. A lot of things that people typically consume but never even bother to search up the sides for also impacts you.. hopefully you catch where I’m going.

I catch where you are going but again, you inject an assumption into your logic.

Jason richards

My Regimen
Reaction score
You might need therapy you don’t seem to be off. Anyways if you’re going to quote me can it be with facts and not with whatever is on your mind? It’d be greatly appreciated. Didn’t know gluten is medicine.

INT

Reaction score
You might need therapy you don’t seem to be off.

Anyways if you’re going to quote me can it be with facts and not with whatever is on your mind?

Do you proofread before your press 'post reply'? I might need therapy but I do not seem to be off? I should quote you with whatever is on my mind?

Didn’t know gluten is medicine.

Where did I say gluten is a medicine? I made an anology to show you that, just because one substance does not cause any harm in one human does not mean mean that it is harmless for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Jason richards

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to your local college campus and enroll in a psy course. You have confirmation bias written all over your replies that is why people don’t take you seriously and perhaps the reason you have two followers in all the years you’ve been here. Laters man! Also stay off the internet as it’s known to cause brain fog (common side effect written about here)

INT

Reaction score
Go to your local college campus and enroll in a psy course. You have confirmation bias written all over your replies that is why people don’t take you seriously and perhaps the reason you have two followers in all the years you’ve been here. Laters man! Also stay off the internet as it’s known to cause brain fog (common side effect written about here)

I am a clinical psychologist...I also highly doubt you know what confirmation bias is... Maybe you should take a look at a college campus yourself. ANY college could probably do your logic and critical thinking all kinds of favors! Nowadays you don't need to have an IQ with three digits to get into most universities so you should be fine.

To be honest, I didn't even know I had two followers, thanks for pointing that out and for taking the time to take a look at my profile.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you get screwed?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Every person get damaged by propecia thats for sure..some more,some less..just go check blood test and you will see some "not good" changes in your hormones.I will simply cant taking this drug,without thinking whats happened on my hormone levels.Even if i had no sides,drug will do some harm to my body.My friend takes propecia and he is very good responder without side effects,but he is afraid to check his blood levels,because then he will see the ugly truth of "silent" damage.If you re nw4 or more dont waste time with fina,its not worth the risk.If you must taking it,pls consider brand name,know a lot of people taking brand without sides,even my friend.

What are bad changes in hormone levels though? You realize hormone levels arent locked into some certain numbers that stay like that your whole life. They change as you age naturally on their own.
The best thing to do is see a medical professional or maybe two. Get their opinions, and if they think so at least try it. There are no other options otherwise your right lets all sit here and bash on propecia. The problem is nothing else works. Where is the alternative? Then all the critics go silent they dont have anything.

Last edited: