Starting Finasteride This Week. Anyone Else?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 60ml bottle of compounded Topical at .5% what would be the equivalent to a .25 Oral starting dose?

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird that finasteride doesn't f*** with my dick but only with my nipples. Earlier I had to stop finasteride after 3 months because of burning sensation in the nipples. After 3 months of stopping I decided to try it again but with 0.5 mg dose. Its been 6 days and the burning sensation is coming back. Fml

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird that finasteride doesn't f*** with my dick but only with my nipples. Earlier I had to stop finasteride after 3 months because of burning sensation in the nipples. After 3 months of stopping I decided to try it again but with 0.5 mg dose. Its been 6 days and the burning sensation is coming back. Fml

Typically that means a increase in estrogen.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take mine before i go sleep
I keep starting and thinking that it’s giving me a weird sensation in my chest area. I’ve been taking it every other day for only a week and have already had to stop. I’m not sure if this could be in my head
I think I've had similar a couple of times. Of course I'm looking out for it now and likr yourself I'm not sure how much of its in my head.

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I've had similar a couple of times. Of course I'm looking out for it now and likr yourself I'm not sure how much of its in my head.

My chest felt tingly like two days ago so i spent the whole day twisting my nipples trying to find lumps (lol) , now they hurt . I think that’s because i made them sore. I am still going to keep having finasteride though, hopefully the tingly sensation goes away.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
My chest felt tingly like two days ago so i spent the whole day twisting my nipples trying to find lumps (lol) , now they hurt . I think that’s because i made them sore. I am still going to keep having finasteride though, hopefully the tingly sensation goes away.
I think we are alike as we are actively looking for sides!

I'm trying to go with the flow and take the pill as it it were a normal vitamin. In some ways coming here doesn't help as I read about others problems then convince myself it will happen to me!

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we are alike as we are actively looking for sides!

I'm trying to go with the flow and take the pill as it it were a normal vitamin. In some ways coming here doesn't help as I read about others problems then convince myself it will happen to me!

Yeah, same . I am just going to soldier on. I have had NO other sideffects and i am still sceptical about my tingly nipples, it might be completely unrelated or may go away on its own.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking it for about 36 days now. No sides yet.

How i wish i had AT LEAST some minor sides. I feel like it won't work.
I guess it goes this way as well. Here's hoping you are one of the lucky ones and turn out to be a great responder.

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I am roughly 2 months in. The first month I started at .5mg and then the second month I went up to 1mg.

The first time I took Propecia for about 2 weeks at 1mg and my chest had a burning sensation so I backed off for about 2 weeks till my chest felt better.

I then restarted at .5mg daily. Did that for the whole month without a problem.
I then went back up to 1mg the 2nd month and haven’t had that burning sensation so idk if it was in my head or not.

I haven’t really had any major problems so...so far so good. I think my seamen looks a bit more clear/watery but that’s about it. I’m not sure if that’s the case or if I’m just imagining it. *shrugs*

I don’t seem to be shedding or anything more than usual. I tend to wash my hair every night with shampoo and conditioner, if I don’t my hair gets oily and gross by the 2nd day. I check my towel and whatnot and haven’t really seen many hairs.

Only being 2 months in I don’t really see much of a difference yet, I try to check my crown once a week just so I don’t go crazy looking everyday, lol.

Wish you all luck!

Last edited:

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I am roughly 2 months in. The first month I started at .5mg and then the second month I went up to 1mg.

The first time I took Propecia for about 2 weeks at 1mg and my chest had a burning sensation so I backed off for about 2 weeks till my chest felt better.

I then restarted at .5mg daily. Did that for the whole month without a problem.
I then went back up to 1mg the 2nd month and haven’t had that burning sensation so idk if it was in my head or not.

I haven’t really had any major problems so...so far so good. I think my seamen looks a bit more clear/watery but that’s about it. I’m not sure if that’s the case or if I’m just imagining it. *shrugs*

I don’t seem to be shedding or anything more than usual. I tend to wash my hair every night with shampoo and conditioner, if I don’t my hair gets oily and gross by the 2nd day. I check my towel and whatnot and haven’t really seen many hairs.

Only being 2 months in I don’t really see much of a difference yet, I try to check my crown once a week just so I don’t go crazy looking everyday, lol.

Wish you all luck!
Only day 5 for me but I'm definitely feeling a kind of burning pain in my chest. I say pain it's very slight and I'm not even sure I'd notice it enough to pay attention to it if it wasn't for taking finasteride.

A quick question for those taking 0.5mg. The place I got them from says NOT to split pills, I'm guessing this is what you 0.5mg guys are doing and it's not actually a problem?

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only day 5 for me but I'm definitely feeling a kind of burning pain in my chest. I say pain it's very slight and I'm not even sure I'd notice it enough to pay attention to it if it wasn't for taking finasteride.

A quick question for those taking 0.5mg. The place I got them from says NOT to split pills, I'm guessing this is what you 0.5mg guys are doing and it's not actually a problem?

They only say that so they can make more money, i split them now using my new pill cutter and i have no problems lol. Btw my chest isnt sore anymore , i guess i had made it sore because i kept feeling it lool.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
They only say that so they can make more money, i split them now using my new pill cutter and i have no problems lol. Btw my chest isnt sore anymore , i guess i had made it sore because i kept feeling it lool.
Makes sense! I'll invest in a pill cutter if I do decide to lower my dose.

Seems like a lot of others experience chest pains. I'm hoping it disappears by itself as its very early days it may just be my body adjusting.

Mixxxxxxxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 11 for me, definitely lost the sensation of my d*ck. Big disappointment.

Morning woods are no longer hard but still getting them every morning.
Not sure if I am exaggerating but I do not lose as much hair I have been losing before. Any insights?
Used to lose 4-5 hairs every time I play with my head, not anymore at least.

Side effects are harsh for me, I just do not feel like having sex.
Will probably try .5 mg instead for some time and then quit.

Wish luck to everyone in this journey!

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have my bottle of pills right here and I'm stuggling to bring myself to take my first one. Can I get some encouragement? I really want this but I'm terrified of what can happen. I used to suffer from severe anxiety so I'm most concerned about mental side effects, as well as the possibility that I'm going to being overthinking things and cause myself a great deal of stress worrying about sides. I really don't know what to do but I'm losing a ton of hair and need to do something.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still experiencing very slight chest pain which also seems to be in my shoulder. A little concerned. I don't want to give up as actively fighting my hairloss has made me feel slightly better about the whole thing.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have my bottle of pills right here and I'm stuggling to bring myself to take my first one. Can I get some encouragement? I really want this but I'm terrified of what can happen. I used to suffer from severe anxiety so I'm most concerned about mental side effects, as well as the possibility that I'm going to being overthinking things and cause myself a great deal of stress worrying about sides. I really don't know what to do but I'm losing a ton of hair and need to do something.
Go for it man. I'm in exactly the same boat especially with anxiety. I actually feel a little better about things as I said above, despite this odd chest pain which I'm sure is linked. Only on day 6 so if you want to DM feel free.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 11 for me, definitely lost the sensation of my d*ck. Big disappointment.

Morning woods are no longer hard but still getting them every morning.
Not sure if I am exaggerating but I do not lose as much hair I have been losing before. Any insights?
Used to lose 4-5 hairs every time I play with my head, not anymore at least.

Side effects are harsh for me, I just do not feel like having sex.
Will probably try .5 mg instead for some time and then quit.

Wish luck to everyone in this journey!
Sexual side effects were my biggest fear. Did this creep up over a few days or just hit you one day?

hairlineiseverything

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm 1 week in and have no sides yet. I only take 0,25mg daily is it too low? Thinking about taking 0,5mg, should I wait 3 months to see if I get results with 0,25?

Last edited: