Starting Finasteride This Week. Anyone Else?

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have my bottle of pills right here and I'm stuggling to bring myself to take my first one. Can I get some encouragement? I really want this but I'm terrified of what can happen. I used to suffer from severe anxiety so I'm most concerned about mental side effects, as well as the possibility that I'm going to being overthinking things and cause myself a great deal of stress worrying about sides. I really don't know what to do but I'm losing a ton of hair and need to do something.

Just try it mate, depending on how bad your hair is the pros could outweigh the cons, i was in the exact same situation as you two months ago, my pills sat there for a month till I thought f*** it , i HAVE to do something about my hairloss or it WILL get worse, so i started finasteride (best way to do it is take it like a vitamin, think of it as an everyday chore and nothing more, take the pill and forget about it) i am currently almost a month in and i have had no sides (weridly enough my sex drive has increased ALOT, especially in the last two days, i am constantly horny lol) , i had slight nipple pain for two days but that has gone, my erections are perfectly fine and so is my sperm. So i say take the leap of faith.

Mixxxxxxxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sexual side effects were my biggest fear. Did this creep up over a few days or just hit you one day?

It immediately hit me on day 2, not really sure if this means that my body is responding to the drug. Had sex couple of times but after the first rounds, it went limp.

But in less than 2 weeks, my hair loss slowed down a lot and it looks much healthier. Using only finasteride, derma roller and Nizoral 3x a week. Quit minoxidil as it caused facial problems, wrinkles etc.

I decided to push it through with .5 mg and see how it goes after couple of weeks more. Might go to an every other day dosing schedule.
Will research more about the prolactin inhibitors (cabergoline) and give it a try, it might offset this sh*tty libido effects.

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have my bottle of pills right here and I'm stuggling to bring myself to take my first one. Can I get some encouragement? I really want this but I'm terrified of what can happen. I used to suffer from severe anxiety so I'm most concerned about mental side effects, as well as the possibility that I'm going to being overthinking things and cause myself a great deal of stress worrying about sides. I really don't know what to do but I'm losing a ton of hair and need to do something.

I was just as nervous when it came to taking Propecia as well. I’ve been on it for 2 months now and honestly I feel more or less the same.

I am still terrified of knowing some of the risks but knowing my self esteem took such a hit that my girlfriend even recently broke up with me because of how low I think of life now...that was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

If things are getting that bad that somebody else sees somebody crumbling apart and breaks up with them...that person needs to work on fixing themselves no matter what it takes. So...I went to the dr and started taking it. Just kind of pushed all my fears aside and did it.

With such little side effects it makes me kick myself for not starting sooner but who knew. I really wish I started a year or two ago when I first noticed my hair thinning but I was so scared of Propecia. As with everything in life there are risks so...you just gotta roll the dice. Figure out what’s gonna make you happy and work towards it.

tanglie1993

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just as nervous when it came to taking Propecia as well. I’ve been on it for 2 months now and honestly I feel more or less the same.

I am still terrified of knowing some of the risks but knowing my self esteem took such a hit that my girlfriend even recently broke up with me because of how low I think of life now...that was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

If things are getting that bad that somebody else sees somebody crumbling apart and breaks up with them...that person needs to work on fixing themselves no matter what it takes. So...I went to the dr and started taking it. Just kind of pushed all my fears aside and did it.

With such little side effects it makes me kick myself for not starting sooner but who knew. I really wish I started a year or two ago when I first noticed my hair thinning but I was so scared of Propecia. As with everything in life there are risks so...you just gotta roll the dice. Figure out what’s gonna make you happy and work towards it.
Don't panic. Read the research articles and you will discover that side effects are reversible. Usually in a research involving thousands of patients, no one experience permanent side effects.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When do you guys take your pill by the way? I've been taking mine around 7am as I read testosterone is at its highest in the morning? I'm not sure how difference this makes

I've been wondering this as well. I've always taken it in the mornings but now I'm wondering if later at night would be better in terms of it being potent in your system before/during your peak testosterone period between 5-8am.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had an increase in shedding? I'm right at the boarder where I'll be perfectly happy with just a tiny bit of regrowth, and ready to shave my head if I lose any more. I'll still take it but I really want to know what I'm getting myself into

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wondering this as well. I've always taken it in the mornings but now I'm wondering if later at night would be better in terms of it being potent in your system before/during your peak testosterone period between 5-8am.
That's a very good point. I googled to see what others do but it seems very mixed.

SaturdayNightFright

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take mine at night, usually around 8 or 9.

I haven’t had much of a shed. I have hairs fall out but it’s only a few here and there, nothing crazy. Not enough to make me consider it a shed and more so just hairs falling out.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 8 for me now. Still experiencing the odd pain in the side of my ribs. Unsure about dropping to 0.5mg for a bit.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to to try the topical first. Will I be safe with 6ml of .5 per day? I’m diffuse thinning so I need to cover a lot of ground.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 8 for me now. Still experiencing the odd pain in the side of my ribs. Unsure about dropping to 0.5mg for a bit.
Also to add to this any discomfort has greatly reduced by the evening. As I currently take my pill at 7am, I'm thinking I may be better off taking the pill before bed and given the same timeline I may see an improvement of this side during the day.

Of course I'm assuming this is linked to finasteride. Research would show although rare I'm not alone in experiencing chest/abdominal pains.

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys just wondering if anyone is shedding short hairs, i noticed for the kast 3 days i have started shedding hairs that are alot shorter than the actual length of my hair, i never had this before finasteride. They dont have a bulb at the end, i would say for every 60 hairs i shed, about 7-8 of them are short hairs. By short i mean hairs that are the lengthh of two eyelashes.

Tim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm starting finasteride this week. Currently awaiting delivery in the next couple of days. Is there anyone who has just started or about to start and would like to keep in contact to compare any possible side effects etc we experience?
Im 5 months in and will help u if u have any questions

William Campbell

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you start finasteride? It's friggin poison. My friend used finasteride for 3 months and his dick is not working anymore. He can't get it up anymore and his girlfriend broke up with him recently. I've been warning him, but he wouldn't listen...

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you start finasteride? It's friggin poison. My friend used finasteride for 3 months and his dick is not working anymore. He can't get it up anymore and his girlfriend broke up with him recently. I've been warning him, but he wouldn't listen...
How old is he?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 years old.

Why is there minoxidil in your regimen, you fool? It's poisonous...
Jesus Christ. Why do you talk like an anime character? You literally just equated the ONLY two treatments proven to regrow hair to poison. I've never even heard of side effects from Minoxidil other than dark circles under the eyes which Ive had since I was 14 and they've never worsened. I sincerely doubt that your friend just so happens to be the exact same age as me, especially considering that hair loss at this age isn't especially common, yet somehow you're both roughly the same age and experiencing this together? Wow. You should buy a lottery ticket, not that that's how probability works but I doubt you would understand as you don't seem to have a clear grasp on medicine, or like reality in general. Out of thousands of people studied no one has ever developed persistent side effects, so why should I believe this exceedingly unlikely string of events are true? I'm not quitting Minoxidil because I doubt very strongly an OTC medicine is "poison" and I don't care for your story about your friend because I don't trust your judgement.
19 years old.

Why is there minoxidil in your regimen, you fool? It's poisonous...
OMG REALLY SO AM I!!!! Good job looking up how old I am, really scared me of it. And I suppose I should throw away Minoxidil too. It only resuced me from being totally bald at 19 but if a random stranger who talks like an anime character thinks this OTC medicine is somehow poison I guess I have to stop.

William Campbell

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ. Why do you talk like an anime character? You literally just equated the ONLY two treatments proven to regrow hair to poison. I've never even heard of side effects from Minoxidil other than dark circles under the eyes which Ive had since I was 14 and they've never worsened. I sincerely doubt that your friend just so happens to be the exact same age as me, especially considering that hair loss at this age isn't especially common, yet somehow you're both roughly the same age and experiencing this together? Wow. You should buy a lottery ticket, not that that's how probability works but I doubt you would understand as you don't seem to have a clear grasp on medicine, or like reality in general. Out of thousands of people studied no one has ever developed persistent side effects, so why should I believe this exceedingly unlikely string of events are true? I'm not quitting Minoxidil because I doubt very strongly an OTC medicine is "poison" and I don't care for your story about your friend because I don't trust your judgement.

OMG REALLY SO AM I!!!! Good job looking up how old I am, really scared me of it. And I suppose I should throw away Minoxidil too. It only resuced me from being totally bald at 19 but if a random stranger who talks like an anime character thinks this OTC medicine is somehow poison I guess I have to stop.
Your name is so ironically pathetic. You're being delusional, because you're not cured or something.

Finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil are unnatural. FDA is an evil system, just like Viacom. If the FDA approves something, why do you feel safe? Are you a puppet without a soul?

If you don't have enough money for essential oils, then just go for a vegan diet.

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your name is so ironically pathetic. You're being delusional, because you're not cured or something.

Finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil are unnatural. FDA is an evil system, just like Viacom. If the FDA approves something, why do you feel safe? Are you a puppet without a soul?

If you don't have enough money for essential oils, then just go for a vegan diet.

Oh lord. Not a soy boy again