Starting Finasteride This Week. Anyone Else?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Man. It is a shame hat in 2018 starting medication is as risky as cliff diving.

Is anyone starting with Alchemy or any aromaste inhibitors?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely belong in this thread. A little over 2 months on finasteride, shedding hasn’t slowed down, itch is still there, slight burning sometimes in the mornings and at night, visibly below baseline.

Went from slight crown thinning to heavy diffuse patterned nw6.

Some people say if you were shedding before finasteride, finasteride won’t slow it down for a few months; but who knows.

I seriously recommend taking photos of your body hair, pay attention to your libido, monitor your acne, and count how many hairs you lose in the shower BEFORE starting finasteride. I believe I have increased body hair (can’t know for sure because I didn’t take photos), increase in acne, maybe a slight increase in libido, and shedding more hair than before (again, can’t know for sure because I didn’t check before finasteride). These are all signs of reflex hyperandrogenecity, which is some scary sh*t.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man is my worst nightmare. St a glance I still have a full head of hair just constantly shedding with loss of density. The prospect of making things worse with or without sides is horrible.

Had a doctor (Konior) tell me yesterday that because I still had good hair I ‘wouldn’t be happy with the results of Propecia’

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried finasteride 1 mg for 3 months. Had sides. Left for 3 months. Now trying again with 0.5 mg. It has been 3 days. Finger crossed

My first time trying propecia I had noticible brain fog, ball aches extremely dry eyes... honestly wish I stuck with it then because with those sides pretty sure I’d have extreme regrowth.

Now only side I have is an occasionally mild pain in the tip of my dick and ball tingling, maybe an ache once or twice.

I may have had some slight brain fog the last one or two days... not sure it maybe in my head. Don’t really care I couldn’t concentrate at all with my previous scalp inflammation anyway

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
My first time trying propecia I had noticible brain fog, ball aches extremely dry eyes... honestly wish I stuck with it then because with those sides pretty sure I’d have extreme regrowth.

Now only side I have is an occasionally mild pain in the tip of my dick and ball tingling, maybe an ache once or twice.

I may have had some slight brain fog the last one or two days... not sure it maybe in my head. Don’t really care I couldn’t concentrate at all with my previous scalp inflammation anyway
Did you reduce your dose now ?

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely belong in this thread. A little over 2 months on finasteride, shedding hasn’t slowed down, itch is still there, slight burning sometimes in the mornings and at night, visibly below baseline.

Went from slight crown thinning to heavy diffuse patterned nw6.

Some people say if you were shedding before finasteride, finasteride won’t slow it down for a few months; but who knows.

I seriously recommend taking photos of your body hair, pay attention to your libido, monitor your acne, and count how many hairs you lose in the shower BEFORE starting finasteride. I believe I have increased body hair (can’t know for sure because I didn’t take photos), increase in acne, maybe a slight increase in libido, and shedding more hair than before (again, can’t know for sure because I didn’t check before finasteride). These are all signs of reflex hyperandrogenecity, which is some scary sh*t.
This scares me as I also have slight crown thinning.

Day 1 today. This post scares me big time. I was feeling pretty good until I read this!

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This scares me as I also have slight crown thinning.

Day 1 today. This post scares me big time. I was feeling pretty good until I read this!

Never take finasteride thinking such things, trust me. I read alot of crap online on how it is “dangerous” but when i started finasteride I literally took a pill each day like i do with multivitamins and i just forget about it and get on with my day, some days i didnt even feel like i had taken finasteride lol.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never take finasteride thinking such things, trust me. I read alot of crap online on how it is “dangerous” but when i started finasteride I literally took a pill each day like i do with multivitamins and i just forget about it and get on with my day, some days i didnt even feel like i had taken finasteride lol.
This is the exact mentality I want to take. However as a sufferer of anxiety its within me to constantly focus on the negatives :(

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the exact mentality I want to take. However as a sufferer of anxiety its within me to constantly focus on the negatives :(

I understand man , i used to suffer from anxiety also. Just try and be hopeful, if the finasteride works then atleast you wont have to be anxious about your hairloss.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand man , i used to suffer from anxiety also. Just try and be hopeful, if the finasteride works then atleast you wont have to be anxious about your hairloss.
Thanks man. I think my main worry above all sides is the shedding. I don't really lose a great amount of hairs at the moment and by ensuring my hair falls the right way and a bit of toppix you wouldn't know I was thinning at all.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started taking topical finasteride but I may switch to oral in a week or so. I have a long way to go but im a diffuse thinner witch I've seen great results from other people on this forum. No sides so far.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to a clinic this week to hopefully secure a prescription. Here's to hoping for no sides!
I had an appointment with my Doctor for the 15th where I planned to get some advice and get a prescription. However after doing my own research regarding everything I decided to go alone and buy from a reputable online pharmacy. That's probably not recommended tbh!

GBClique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an appointment with my Doctor for the 15th where I planned to get some advice and get a prescription. However after doing my own research regarding everything I decided to go alone and buy from a reputable online pharmacy. That's probably not recommended tbh!

Is it cheaper that way? Not sure if there are any online pharmacies that ship to Canada, but if they're cheaper I'd totally do that instead.

tins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it cheaper that way? Not sure if there are any online pharmacies that ship to Canada, but if they're cheaper I'd totally do that instead.
A hell of a lot cheaper here in the UK. Through my doctor I would be paying £1.71 per pill. Online I paid £0.42 per pill. That was for 3 months supply, it's cheaper again the more you buy.