Starting Dutasteride Today- Wish Me Luck.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the dutasteride your taking 100% legit? By this I mean did you receive a script from a doctor? I ask because I think everyone should be cautious when it comes to ordering a drug online without a script.

I get my dutasteride from a pharmacy, I'm pretty sure it's legit. But I agree with you on that part that dutasteride from the web is risky ( for hair ) and stupid.

If members like AnxiousAndy and Nostro100 are correct, that dutasteride increases testosterone 7% or for some reason increases DHT or maybe both then seeing an endocrinologist before and after could provide evidence to support their claims or suggestions.

It's not just 7%, I'm sure about that. Also, you need to take a look at the number on your scalp, I've posted graph somewhere.

Do you guys think that topical finasteride in combination with oral finasteride would be a safer route than using dutasteride and RU?

No. Dutasteride + RU (or daro/enza) are the two biggest weapons we have (beside from tranny route of course) for hairloss. I don't believe topical finasteride does anything more than oral.

Merica

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 49, started losing my hair at 29 I have a full head to this day no dutasteride or weird experimental stuff just keep it simple. Lipogain twice a day laser cap 3 times a week 30 min. per, the more the better preferably a hundred or more lasers they're everywhere and cheap now and get them on eBay and big 5 shampoo three times a week...done.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 49, started losing my hair at 29 I have a full head to this day no dutasteride or weird experimental stuff just keep it simple. Lipogain twice a day laser cap 3 times a week 30 min. per, the more the better preferably a hundred or more lasers they're everywhere and cheap now and get them on eBay and big 5 shampoo three times a week...done.

How do you know the Viviscal and LLLT works for you? Did you add them to your regimen one at a time?

Merica

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit the viviscal, I was also taking a good multi vitamin/mineral so I figured it wasn't necessary, turns out I didn't need it. The lllt is legit tho, I was using finasteride for ten years, worked like a charm. At about the ten year mark i started losing again. I started on lllt hoping it would help and it reversed my loss. Lllt and finasteride worked for another six then started losing again. I tried Dutasteride...stuff slayed me, it was horrifying. Couldn't think, couldn't remember simple words, it was the worst. So in desperation I tried Lipogain after reading about on hairlossfromsteroids. It friggin worked so where I'm at now is Lipogain, Lllt and big 5 shampoo. I have a no joke full head of hair at 49 y/o. I thought it was over three or four times over the years but kept searching and trying. I know everybody different but I honestly think Lipo/Lllt/Big 5 is the ticket and would work for bout anybody. Hell I even got a buddy of mine that has been losing for years and was just getting ready to shave and started on lipo and started regrowing. He waited too long and won't get it all back but he grew enough that he decided to keep it and not shave. Anyway I hope that all helps good luck

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit the viviscal, I was also taking a good multi vitamin/mineral so I figured it wasn't necessary, turns out I didn't need it. The lllt is legit tho, I was using finasteride for ten years, worked like a charm. At about the ten year mark i started losing again. I started on lllt hoping it would help and it reversed my loss. Lllt and finasteride worked for another six then started losing again. I tried Dutasteride...stuff slayed me, it was horrifying. Couldn't think, couldn't remember simple words, it was the worst. So in desperation I tried Lipogain after reading about on hairlossfromsteroids. It friggin worked so where I'm at now is Lipogain, Lllt and big 5 shampoo. I have a no joke full head of hair at 49 y/o. I thought it was over three or four times over the years but kept searching and trying. I know everybody different but I honestly think Lipo/Lllt/Big 5 is the ticket and would work for bout anybody. Hell I even got a buddy of mine that has been losing for years and was just getting ready to shave and started on lipo and started regrowing. He waited too long and won't get it all back but he grew enough that he decided to keep it and not shave. Anyway I hope that all helps good luck

Good to hear lllt works for you and somebody is happy out there. I’m using capillus lllt 80L and don’t know what to say about it. My hair might be falling out a lot less in the shower after 2 months use. Maybe my hair is so thin I just can’t see it come out anymore? Lol it is hard to believe that a light bulb turning on above your head could work. I know the supposed science behind it so I guess all I can do is continue. Damn and I just bought shark cartilage, the main ingredient in viviscal.

I’m dedicated to lllt now. I will find out if it’s bs. minoxidil works great until hair and skin is destroyed by the drying alcohol. You could add some micro wounding, I might.

Last edited:

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No regrowth, although my hairloss has slowed significantly.
Can we get an update? I’m 3 months in and experiencing som frontal loss in the midscalp not exactly the hairline. Hoping you have a success story for us since these forums can trash dutasteride

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear lllt works for you and somebody is happy out there. I’m using capillus lllt 80L and don’t know what to say about it. My hair might be falling out a lot less in the shower after 2 months use. Maybe my hair is so thin I just can’t see it come out anymore? Lol it is hard to believe that a light bulb turning on above your head could work. I know the supposed science behind it so I guess all I can do is continue. Damn and I just bought shark cartilage, the main ingredient in viviscal.

I’m dedicated to lllt now. I will find out if it’s bs. minoxidil works great until hair and skin is destroyed by the drying alcohol. You could add some micro wounding, I might.
I'm so glad you wrote this last sentence about minoxidil not helping after time due to dry alcohol. I have a theory that it's making my hair worse at this point because of the longterm effect of the alcohol on my skin and it's stopping my skin from producing national oils.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who's been a long term finasteride user who switched to DUTA have an update after all these years. Been on finasteride for 20 years with great results. Kept all my hair. Just in the last 3 months have been losing ground and thinking of making the leap to DUTA or integrating with finasteride. Any feedback would be very helpful. Thanks!