Starscream's Story

IBM

Reaction score
Since i started Finasteride i'm having great improvement on my left temple and some on my center hairline though i'm using minoxidil for 8 months once a day. Check out my story.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I only wish I had your hair-loss "problem", dude :lol: :wink:

I'm not entirely sure that you're going bald. I would take 1/4 proscar a day though, if there's any doubt, just as an insurance policy. And use Nizoral shampoo. It's cheap enough :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dude thats just a mature hairline... you should just focus on your crown which is not bad either.

beernuts_123

Reaction score
Hey Starcream, how's it going?

I understand where you are coming from, only you know your hairloss at that stage. (My hair situation is very similar to yours)
I still have a lot of hair, but it's definitely thinned out. (I also hide it well using hairspray)

Your hair certainly doesn't look bad at all, but if you want to fill up the crown, you should use rogaine foam like these people are saying with nizoral.

I'm planning to go on the big 3 very soon, and best of luck in your situation.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
beernuts_123 said:
Hey Starcream, how's it going?

I understand where you are coming from, only you know your hairloss at that stage. (My hair situation is very similar to yours)
I still have a lot of hair, but it's definitely thinned out. (I also hide it well using hairspray)

Your hair certainly doesn't look bad at all, but if you want to fill up the crown, you should use rogaine foam like these people are saying with nizoral.

I'm planning to go on the big 3 very soon, and best of luck in your situation.

Ditto. I used to have really thick hair and it's still thick in some areas.. apparently my last hair stylist thought I had thick hair, too (on Thursday). I just use American Crew products and brush my hair forward. I need to keep my hair short because it's rather wavy and coarse, so it's hard to keep it styled.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
dude thats just a mature hairline... you should just focus on your crown which is not bad either.

Thank you guys, i' m really concerned about my hairline in truth. I' ve had great loss there, i passed from a straight line to a "V" shaped one and i wonder if this is just the first step of a very slow male baldness pattern. In the scale below (i took it from Armani site) the loss from the hairline is the pattern 2.
Under each pattern i' ve added the names of famous people who have gone bald following that pattern :)
My vertex crown seems okay to me even if maybe it is a bit larger than normal.
My pictures with shorter hair were shot in february.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7140/aaaa0047pp1.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7732 ... 7f8rc4.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7676/aaaa0057ql2.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1512/aaaa0058us2.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7441/aaaa0076ji0.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/327/aaaa0078jx3.jpg

hairlossscaleor1pz2.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I honestly think its a mature hairline. Your hair is so thick I am so jealous. :D

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's female pattern hair loss.

And if I was a girl losing my hair, I'd be gutted. Simple as that... :?

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
I honestly think its a mature hairline. Your hair is so thick I am so jealous. :D

Yes it' s a mature hairline but when it is supposed to stop going more and more mature?
I am definitely not a thinner but a receeder.
It seems to me my temples are a little larger now than in may 2006 when i first posted here.
About the vertex i don' t know if i have had a little loss there. I didn' t use to look at the top of my head when i had no problems.

9pjr.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Starscream said:
RaginDemon said:

Yes it' s a mature hairline but when it is supposed to stop going more and more mature?
I am definitely not a thinner but a receeder.
It seems to me my temples are a little larger now than in may 2006 when i first posted here.
About the vertex i don' t know if i have had a little loss there. I didn' t use to look at the top of my head when i had no problems.

MAY 2006 HAIRLINE:
alex9pj.jpg

NOW:
aaaa0076ni5.jpg

I see your point. Maybe you could start Propecia to prevent future loss. Your hair is still in great stage, and the treatments will most likely maintain it this way for many years to come.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re:

Hi, i haven' t been around for a year and half so here' s a little update.
I' m taking proscar/5.

pictures of july 2008, long hair
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
september 08, buzz cut

I think my hairline has receeded a little more beacause in 2007 I took a six month break from proscar to check if the side effects of finasteride were reversible (they are for me).

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
You have no noticeable hair loss.
Ditto.

Suprised you got on propecia for that to be honest, but if you're having results good luck to you.

You hair looks great (And I don't mean 'It looks great! you far worse off and a Norwood 5! It actually does look great)

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thanks but how do you call this if not hairloss....when i was 17 my hairline was straight as the green line i drew.
Without finasteride i was going to have more loss on the front and my hair on the vertex were getting strange too. If you check well the short hair pictures you can see my vertex is not perfect beacause i started having problems there and i freezed the situation thanks to fina. These pictures are old (june 2008) and you can see the loss on the temples with the hair pulled back.
I think mine is a classic pattern 2 or 5 hairloss at the beginning (class 1 or 2)

hairlossscaleor1.jpg

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Starscream said:
Well thanks but how do you call this if not hairloss....when i was 17 my hairline was straight as the green line i drew.
Without finasteride i was going to have more loss on the front and my hair on the vertex were getting strange too. If you check well the short hair pictures you can see my vertex is not perfect beacause i started having problems there and i freezed the situation thanks to fina. These pictures are old (june 2008) and you can see the loss on the temples with the hair pulled back.
I think mine is a classic pattern 2 or 5 hairloss at the beginning (class 1 or 2)

Relatively few men have the same hairline they had at 17 when they're 22+ (Often earlier than that). It's hairloss in the literal technical sense - The hair is not the same as it was at 17, but not many would actually class that as 'balding' and it doesn't necessary mean you will go bald.

However, you know your hair, if it's getting worse and you know if your treatments are working. So good luck.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i' m quitting finasteride. I decided the piece of proscar i took today is my last one for the next months at least.
I can' t stand the side effects. I' m not talking about diminished libido, more liquid sperm and less sexual strength. I' m talking about mental fog, lack of concentration, lost retentiveness, and I' m always kinda depressed, ugly and i sleep too much. I just realized many guys went through these side effects while on finasteride and i am shocked of how these mental side effects are exactly the same nightmare i' m going through in these last 2 years.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Reaction score
Well; exactly the sides I dont need =) Lucky for you though, you have nice hair imo very very similar to my best friends. Thick throughout and dark but hairline same exact pattern, but that's all. His dad and brothers similar hairline, grandpa, but otherwise no one like bald bald. So do update how you feel after stopping finasteride... if those symptoms go away etc. Also how your hair manages I'd ween off a little bit instead of cold turkey it. If you haven't been already. Anyays. Good luck!