Starscream's Story

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all i' m sorry for my bad english but i just learned it at school.
As i said I write from Italy. My hairline started to receed during my last year of high school (1999/2000) when i was about 18/19 years old.
Since my hairline didn' t stop receeding, in 2001 and 2002 i wasted some money in stupid products like crescina and in summer 2002 i even went to a "tricologic center" that just made me special shampoos and where an oriental doctor holed my scalp with little syringes. I quitted as soon as i realized it was a fraud and i just started to make search after search in the net.
In 2004 i started taking propecia thanks to my dermatologist.
It costs so much (56 euro per month, about 60 dollars i think) but it seems to work on me. I think my loss has slowed down but not not stopped at all. I mean mt hairline from an "open" V passed to a "close" V
(like the movement of the wings of an F-14)
Now i'm 24 years old and my temples are about 25% empty, the "V" hariline is evident and hair on my vertex seems more thin than some years ago. Now that the vertex (the most important part IMHO) seems to be attacked by DHT i think i should start something else together with Fina, something like minoxidil but i' m not an expert.
I d' really like to know the opinion of people of this great forum
I m gonna post some pics so you can see me. In the pics my hair seem a little better than they really are. I made some photos by night with the camera flash, and others with day light. Let me know if it is better to make hair photos with another tecnhique. I' ll be very grateful to whoever will answer me.
aaaa00246iw.jpg

aaaa00283qr.jpg

aaaa00291cn.jpg

aaaa00308io.jpg

aaaa00332ne.jpg

aaaa00348en.jpg

aaaa00350tq.jpg

aaaa00364cl.jpg

aaaa00374hc.jpg

aaaa00388db.jpg

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for answering me.
I know i stll have most of my hair. But my hairline has changed much and hair on the vertex are getting thinner. If i could "freeze" my hair in this moment it should be great for me. My fear is just to keep on losing them. I understand a bald guy can watch my pics and say "f*** off hair-full guy". Probably i' d do the same if i were bald.
But i' m not a paranoic, i really started to lose hair. I' d like to know what is the best maintaining therapy second you guys.

Pictures of thinning vertex starting to show some white scalp
aaaa00741pu.jpg

aaaa00759yc.jpg

aaaa00784mu.jpg

aaaa00792ao.jpg

aaaa00801be.jpg
[/img]

Aplunk1

Reaction score
If you add Rogaine, it will probably close that bald spot in the back.

You can also apply Rogaine to the hairline, although the results may not be as good at the hairline as they are at the crown.

Propecia + Rogaine + Nizoral = The Big 3

It's easy, the risk of side effects are low, and it's effective.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
If you add Rogaine, it will probably close that bald spot in the back.

You can also apply Rogaine to the hairline, although the results may not be as good at the hairline as they are at the crown.

Propecia + Rogaine + Nizoral = The Big 3

It's easy, the risk of side effects are low, and it's effective.

Rogaine is minoxidil 2%?
In the italian forum where i use to be, some people say it' s really better to apply 5% minoxidil. I don' t know Nizoral instead. I don' t even know if Rogaine and nizoral are available here in italy. I know for sure Minoxidil is available, but i dunno if under the name of rogaine.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yes, minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine.

The 5% is the ideal solution to be used.

You will see some benefit from using it.

I'm sure Nizoral is readily available in Italy. Look in your local grocery stores and pharmacies-- the active ingredient in Nizoral is ketoconazole. You might find "Fungoral" in Italy.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn man..I dont think you eben need to get on propecia for that....I had hair like those...a few years ago probably...Now...well

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Damn man..I dont think you eben need to get on propecia for that....I had hair like those...a few years ago probably...Now...well

But if you had hair like mine, it means you probably were at the first stadium and you just went on losing, doesn' t it?
One thing i didn' t understand is that some people told me (especially in the italian forum) that my "V" hairline can be physiological.
But is it possible that a so deep lack of hair on the temples is physiological?
Can you please tell me your opinions? :)
thanks in advance

30uk.jpg

alex9pj.jpg

aaaa00893xc.jpg

aaaa00903et.jpg

aaaa00917cu.jpg

aaaa00922mh.jpg

aaaa00934mc.jpg

aaaa00947cu.jpg

aaaa00969hs.jpg

aaaa00994xf.jpg

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Starscream said:
But if you had hair like mine, it means you probably were at the first stadium and you just went on losing, doesn' t it?
One thing i didn' t understand is that some people told me (especially in the italian forum) that my "V" hairline can be physiological.
But is it possible that a so deep lack of hair on the temples is physiological?
Can you please tell me your opinions? :)
thanks in advance

I'd be more concerned about your crown/vertex than your temples. Your hairline looks very strong, it's a mature hairline, which you'll notice most people around you have.

Looking good man.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-cj- said:
I'd be more concerned about your crown/vertex than your temples. Your hairline looks very strong, it's a mature hairline, which you'll notice most people around you have.

Looking good man.

Thanks. I' m watching my crown everyday :). I know that lack of hair on the crown is more "ugly-looking" than lack of hair on the temples.
But, looking the norwood scale, i' ve seen the loss on the crown goes together with the loss on the temples. So, since my loss on the crown is not evident as the loss on the temples, i' m just wondering if my loss on the temples is just the first step of androgenetic alopecia.
I don' t know...i' m pretty worried about my hair but at the same time i ask myself if i' m taking propecia for nothing, just because i' m paranoid.

Felk

Reaction score
Starscream said:
-cj- said:

Looking good man.

Thanks. I' m watching my crown everyday :). I know that lack of hair on the crown is more "ugly-looking" than lack of hair on the temples.
But, looking the norwood scale, i' ve seen the loss on the crown goes together with the loss on the temples. So, since my loss on the crown is not evident as the loss on the temples, i' m just wondering if my loss on the temples is just the first step of androgenetic alopecia.
I don' t know...i' m pretty worried about my hair but at the same time i ask myself if i' m taking propecia for nothing, just because i' m paranoid.

Im not convinced you even have any thinning on the vertex. Its just a big part, that's all. Your hair looks fantastic :)

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Felk said:
Starscream said:
-cj- said:

Looking good man.

Im not convinced you even have any thinning on the vertex. Its just a big part, that's all. Your hair looks fantastic :)

Hi. Thanks. Excuse me, what is a big part? :)
aaaa00562vt.jpg

Felk

Reaction score
Oh, i just meant that you had made a large parting of the hair and you'd pulled it strongly in either direction.

Felk

Reaction score
Aaah wait... just understood what you meant by that... alles klar!

It's not that big a gap...

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, a little update.
My hair grew some centimetres so i can cover the temples better.
Do you think i shouldn' t worry that my temples enlarged so much?
aaaa0131un2.jpg

aaaa0129uy2.jpg

aaaa0133in4.jpg

aaaa0136yv7.jpg

aaaa0131un2.jpg

G

Hello, I think your hair line looks similiar to mine. It is obviously receding and you should stay with finasteride. I don´t know why people are doubting that you need propecia. You can still hide your hair loss which means that you still have much more to lose than a NW5 who ignored his hair loss for years(sry, no offence to all NW5+ but that´s just how it is....). Imo I should have started immediately after I noticed my hair falling out, but I ignored and denied it for one and a half year and so my once perfect hair line is fucked up now.

G

starscreen,

don't listen to anyone who tells you to get off propecia. you should stay on propecia to maintain what you have, even if you don't think you need it. worst thign that could happen is you waste some money, but isn't your hair more important than that? Right, I thought so. So stay on propecia indefinitely.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks to all who posted something here.
I quit propecia in early July mainly because i have to know if my loss on temples is influenced by propecia. Many people and doctors say propecia have no effect on temples. It is also written on the instructions. Furthermore i have to check if some side effects are really side effects or it is all just my paranoia.
My doctor say my situation could remain the same even without taking anything because a little loss on temples DOESN' T MEAN ALWAYS the begin of baldness. This was confirmed by a doctor and by many users of the italian forum i use to attend.
Well... i' m out of propecia since July and i' m gonna post some new pics.
Let me know waht yoi think, i really appreciate ANY comment and suggestion.

SEPTEMBER:
immaginemf4.jpg

aaaa0135fs2.jpg

immagine2hc2.jpg

immagine3au9.jpg

aaaa0148ys6.jpg

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
aaaa0150iu9.jpg

aaaa0149cf5.jpg

aaaa0156iy8.jpg

aaaa0152gl9.jpg

aaaa0116sh9.jpg

NOW:
aaa0131vh9.jpg

aaa0132ho9.jpg

aaa0133pz7.jpg

aaa0134cb6.jpg

aaa0135em7.jpg

aaa0137oi7.jpg

aaa0136gi1.jpg

aaaa0137yy2.jpg

aaa0136gi1.jpg

aaa0131vh9.jpg

aaa0131vh9bf7.jpg

In my opinion, these last two pictures show how different angulation, different light and image proportions can deceive about hair.
In the sun light picture the loss on the temples seems larger but both the pictures were taken the same day (or there is just a few days of gap).
I painted a blue circle around the same group of hair to show it.
In the second picture all my head and forehead is longer and so the temples seem larger.