Spectral DNC-N nanoxidil

karan1

Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
karan1 said:
Hi Guys, Go it used it 5 times, I wasnt on any type of minoxidil before this for 6 months.
first application- shed hair normally
2nd and 3rd application- very little shed
4th-5th application- Shedding back to normal.
will keep you posted.

any one seeing any under eye bags, wrinkles, puffy face yet?
requesting the feedback from the testers who are not using minoxidil, only DNC-N and other treatments.
Thanks

How long does it take to dry?
Is there any propylene glycol in this product? If not, I may give it a try.

It takes about 15-20 mins to dry, i guess glycol thing is in there, why, is it bad?
One good thing I like about this is that I don't need any styling product after this

slacker86

Reaction score
slacker86 said:
so I have received my DNC-N, and have applied it three times. No allergic reactions thus far! This is very exciting, as while I had lots of thickening with minoxidil, after a year of continuous and problem free use, I could not apply the stuff even once without a flare up of extremely sore and unsightly rashes. Woop! Fingers crossed. This could be a god send. :)

Well this sucks...Ignore my previous post (quoted above). The morning after I posted this, I woke up to the familiar minoxidil like irritation. Red itchy rash all along my hairline where I applied the DNC-N. Not as bad as with many minoxidil solutions I've tried, but still there. Not sure what this means. Either nanoxidil is very closely related to minoxidil (which the limited documentation spectral provides suggests) or there's another ingredient in the solutions I've tried causing this reaction. Now the most common side effect inducing ingredient seems to be PG, but I've tried minoxidil foam and still had the side effects. Frustrated. My hair isn't too bad, but it's at an awkward stage that I feel could be vastly improved upon with an effective growth stimulant. If only bimatoprost were affordable.

LostHope

Reaction score
Well this sucks...Ignore my previous post (quoted above). The morning after I posted this, I woke up to the familiar minoxidil like irritation. Red itchy rash all along my hairline where I applied the DNC-N. Not as bad as with many minoxidil solutions I've tried, but still there. Not sure what this means. Either nanoxidil is very closely related to minoxidil (which the limited documentation spectral provides suggests) or there's another ingredient in the solutions I've tried causing this reaction. Now the most common side effect inducing ingredient seems to be PG, but I've tried minoxidil foam and still had the side effects. Frustrated. My hair isn't too bad, but it's at an awkward stage that I feel could be vastly improved upon with an effective growth stimulant. If only bimatoprost were affordable.[/quote]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

..... don't be to enthusiastic about bimatoprost. A poster on h.a.i.r.s.i.t.e tests bima in a somewhat higher concentration and sees more sides ( bloating... ) compared to minoxidil. We have no luck...

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LostHope said:
Well this sucks...Ignore my previous post (quoted above). The morning after I posted this, I woke up to the familiar minoxidil like irritation. Red itchy rash all along my hairline where I applied the DNC-N. Not as bad as with many minoxidil solutions I've tried, but still there. Not sure what this means. Either nanoxidil is very closely related to minoxidil (which the limited documentation spectral provides suggests) or there's another ingredient in the solutions I've tried causing this reaction. Now the most common side effect inducing ingredient seems to be PG, but I've tried minoxidil foam and still had the side effects. Frustrated. My hair isn't too bad, but it's at an awkward stage that I feel could be vastly improved upon with an effective growth stimulant. If only bimatoprost were affordable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

..... don't be to enthusiastic about bimatoprost. A poster on h.a.i.r.s.i.t.e tests bima in a somewhat higher concentration and sees more sides ( bloating... ) compared to minoxidil. We have no luck...[/quote]
Well then its good that this has nothing to do with bimatoprost then

karan1

Reaction score
Hi Jojje,

whats ur progress report? from shedding perspective, are u shedding normally or less or more. also about the puffiness , as per ur last update u didnt notice any, do u see any signs of that now? thanks

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
karan1 said:
Hi Jojje,

whats ur progress report? from shedding perspective, are u shedding normally or less or more. also about the puffiness , as per ur last update u didnt notice any, do u see any signs of that now? thanks

No sides yet or shanges in hair shedding, got some new white tiny hairs on temples that used to be blank..but they are insane smal.. il keep you informed if they get stronger and bigger ^^

justinstocks

Reaction score
quick update after approx 3 weeks of use ...

no sides felt or noticed at all since swapping from a dnc / dnc-l mix to dnc-n , in fact facial bloating ,large skin pores and dark circles all reducing .

shedding slightly increased in first few weeks but when hair is clean and dry i can feel stubbly hairs all over which im assuming is some regrowth, possibly just the shed hairs but could be new !

can also see some small white fluffy hairs growing along the hairline.

overall im quite happy with things so far , hope to see more progress in the next month or so .

good luck fellow users !

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ohmanohno said:
Anyone experiencing a puffy/red face like when being on min?
Only side effect so fare is 1 dark hair on temple that has been bald for 6 years, just got fuss from minoxidil... strange that its only 1 so fare.. will look strange if not more comes .. but interesting

karan1

Reaction score
MarkMayISAWESOME said:
ohmanohno said:

I thought this thread was about Nanoxidil? Are you lost?

He is asking if any one noticed minoxidil like side effects with nanoxidil; answer is no, I have been using it for 8-9 days, so far no sides, no positives to report either. Thanks.

Reaction score
karan1 said:
MarkMayISAWESOME said:
ohmanohno said:

I thought this thread was about Nanoxidil? Are you lost?

He is asking if any one noticed minoxidil like side effects with nanoxidil; answer is no, I have been using it for 8-9 days, so far no sides, no positives to report either. Thanks.

Well he used the abbrevation min. I took that to mean minoxidl since it too starts with a "M". I realize English isn't a lot of folks first language on this board.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
MarkMayISAWESOME said:
karan1 said:
puffy/red face like when

Well he used the abbrevation min. I took that to mean minoxidl since it too starts with a "M". I realize English isn't a lot of folks first language on this board.

Including yours? Where's the confusion in that?

Reaction score
ohmanohno said:
MarkMayISAWESOME said:
karan1 said:
puffy/red face like when

Including yours? Where's the confusion in that?

Lets try this again. This thread is entitled "Re: Spectral DNC-N nanoxidil"
Your original question was:

Generally most people abbreviate minoxidil using the term "min". So, I guess my question is did you mean nanoxidil (the subject of this thread) or did you mean minoxidil? Nanoxidil is a new formula from the Spectral folks, it's not minoxidil. So I guess my point is if you really asking about nanoxidil then you missed on the use of the abbreviation. If you did mean minoxidil then you are on the wrong subject line and thread.

jp88

Reaction score
Hey guys just following up. Been on DNC N since the 4th of Nov. No growth or anything like that obviously because its early. I should mention that I can't use regular minoxidil because the ppg makes my head itch like crazy so in the past ive used foam. This solution does make my head itch a little bit, but its not bad. I think it might be because there is less PPG in it than regular minoxidil, im not sure though. I do use Nizoral every other day though.

Zapp Brannigan

Reaction score
Mark May, try re-reading that sentence like this:

Anyone experiencing a puffy/red face [on nanoxidil] like [some people do] when being on minoxidil?

That is how we all interpreted the question in this thread.
Nanoxidil is promising that it will not give the same side effect as minoxidil, Karen1 is trying to verify if that claim is accurate by asking if anybody that is taking nanoxidil has experienced a puffy/red face LIKE MANY OF US HAVE on minoxidil.
I hope that clears any of the misunderstanding, and the question still stands...

Reaction score
Zapp Brannigan said:
Mark May, try re-reading that sentence like this:

Anyone experiencing a puffy/red face [on nanoxidil] like [some people do] when being on minoxidil?

That is how we all interpreted the question in this thread.
Nanoxidil is promising that it will not give the same side effect as minoxidil, Karen1 is trying to verify if that claim is accurate by asking if anybody that is taking nanoxidil has experienced a puffy/red face LIKE MANY OF US HAVE on minoxidil.
I hope that clears any of the misunderstanding, and the question still stands...

Ok then. Then yes reading it like that makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

kasey

Reaction score
Hi , I'm new on here, although my hair loss is very minimal to maybe some of you, but unfortunately i am a bit vein and i just started to notice my hair slightly receding i guess it wouldn't bother most people but it is bothering me, would this product be good for this?

I did previously try SPECTRAL DNC-L but it did nothing for me but maybe i didn't stick to the routine as much as i should of done.

I have now brought Spectral DNC-N brought it about 2 weeks ago, its very runny though, i don't use the spray part just the pipette as its near front part of my head...find it runs down your face if your not careful dont like it being this runny.

Is it worth using this? or doing this for just receding hairline? will it even work for receding hairline? as i read some products don't work for receding hairlines but i cant find much information on this product.

I am not bald, have hair on both my temple's its just im worried if my hair will recede any further, i just want it to go back where it was previously.

Edit: Im also use REVITA HIGH PERFORMANCE HAIR GROWTH STIMULATING SHAMPOO been using this for a while now.

Thanks