South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
"I’m a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Physiology. My specialty has to do with cytoskeletons (related to cancer). I got a draft of some research done by some South Koreans yesterday kinda randomly and the lab actually (no joke) discovered the mechanism to (probably) universally regenerate hair follicles. It should be in the news soon." from the reddit post he linked

This was posted a few days before all this news sreapding

...but this thread was created even before that?

Keisari

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the paper explain whether or not this would be a one-off treatment like an immunisation against hair loss i.e a proper cure, or would it have to be taken or applied for the rest of your life to maintain/regrow like finasteride and minoxidil? If it’s a one off treatment that actually works that would be huge and essentially make the other proposed treatments redundant.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the paper explain whether or not this would be a one-off treatment like an immunisation against hair loss i.e a proper cure, or would it have to be taken or applied for the rest of your life to maintain/regrow like finasteride and minoxidil? If it’s a one off treatment that actually works that would be huge and essentially make the other proposed treatments redundant.
There is no way it is a one off treatment.

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is turning into Brotzu thread No 2.
Good for Admin, those who don't have adblockers will earn him some money.

Now when you think about it's crazy, Brotzu had some studies and was at some conference. Here we have nothing, absolutely no photographic evidence, but we're still hyping it because Korea regulations, textbook scientist and mice.

Last edited:

Keisari

My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought as much. Do you think it will be like finasteride and minoxidil then where you have to keep using it indefinitely otherwise your maintenance/regrowth will disappear and you’ll carry on losing hair? When I heard ‘cure’ I assumed this would be a treatment where you wouldn’t have to rely on it for the rest of your life.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought as much. Do you think it will be like finasteride and minoxidil then where you have to keep using it indefinitely otherwise your maintenance/regrowth will disappear and you’ll carry on losing hair? When I heard ‘cure’ I assumed this would be a treatment where you wouldn’t have to rely on it for the rest of your life.

That's because most of people don't even know what 'cure' means, especially those Reddit morons and the medias

Don't fall for that, nothing can cure us for now, better treatments yes, a 'cure' ? Just lol

Paul90111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally , I got used to brushing me teeth twice a day . If this is going to work ( not a “cure” , but a good treatment who is able to gain us our lost hairs) , nobody is insane enough to refuse it just because you have to use it all your life . It will become a routine . I prefer it over a shiny scalp....

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
This is turning into Brotzu thread No 2.
Good for Admin, those who don't have adblockers will earn him some money.

Now when you think about it's crazy, Brotzu had some studies and was at some conference. Here we have nothing, absolutely no photographic evidence, but we're still hyping it because Korea regulations, textbook scientist and mice.

I agree it’s best not to hype too much but I don’t think Brotzu was covered by legit mainstream media:

http://www.newsweek.com/cure-baldness-korean-scientists-protein-726191

Keisari

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for a permanent one-off cure I think the only possibility is genetic engineering like CRISPR to eradicate genes suspectible to male pattern baldness. My friend’s studying biochemistry and he said it may be possible but only if all the genes responsible are altered and there are like 200 genes linked to hair loss.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Newsweek -> 'cure'
What i was saying ? Oh yes, 'cure'...right

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like every couple of months there is a new "breakthrough" in hair loss. Like "scientists discover new gene that is linked to hair loss, the cure is near!" or "UCLA scientists discover new way to activate stem cells to regenerate hair"... I've seen them all for the past two years. This one particular discovery in my opinion is the most promising. I mean, these guys have literally identified the problem at its roots. Manipulating the cell signaling pathway to regenerate hair and even damaged skin is as upstream as it gets. If this works, we wouldn't need to worry about nuking DHT with antiandrogens or reducing PGD2 with questionable drugs. I get the whole "a new cure to male pattern baldness is discovered every couple of months, I'm not buying it" mindset... but this sh*t could be the real deal

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like every couple of months there is a new "breakthrough" in hair loss. Like "scientists discover new gene that is linked to hair loss, the cure is near!" or "UCLA scientists discover new way to activate stem cells to regenerate hair"... I've seen them all for the past two years. This one particular discovery in my opinion is the most promising. I mean, these guys have literally identified the problem at its roots. Manipulating the cell signaling pathway to regenerate hair and even damaged skin is as upstream as it gets. If this works, we wouldn't need to worry about nuking DHT with antiandrogens or reducing PGD2 with questionable drugs. I get the whole "a new cure to male pattern baldness is discovered every couple of months, I'm not buying it" mindset... but this sh*t could be the real deal

This is just about the significant difference between those two words 'cure' and 'treatment', a treatment can be 100% efficient but it's still not a cure.
I can't believe after all those years, people writing those kind of covers still can't google for a proper definition

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I think the only "cure" for male pattern baldness will be gene editing. Which could be a decade or more away. Cure is just a fancy word for media outlets to get people to read their article

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I think the only "cure" for male pattern baldness will be gene editing. Which could be a decade or more away. Cure is just a fancy word for media outlets to get people to read their article

Agree...that's why i find it infuriating...more than i should

thecure

My Regimen
Reaction score
An ideal cure is far away but who cares, we need treatments or functional "cures" to not be bald. No matter if you apply it once or keep doing it to preserve what we have or regrow, what matters is to have hair without sides.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like someone would not agree, it was just a reminder for those who still fall into this one shot 'cure' bait, question was seriously asked about a page ago...this is why words matter
Anyway, sorry for that, this disease and antiandrogens are wrecking my brain over and over for far too long now

Last edited:

inmyhead

Reaction score

It's good for all of us that scientists are not people like you.