Something I've realized: Most people dont go bald.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I work with a 65year old guy with a perfect slicked back head of hair, has that 'mature' look where it forms a widows peak while still being low

Yep, and I think that hairline looks great. The 'straight' hairlines just look ridiculous... like every black basketball player;

2684996-9236153372-nba_u.jpg

paul-george.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
looks dumb either way.

Widow peaks are masculine, and look aesthetic.

Zinedine-Zidane-widowspeak-Buzz-Cut.jpg

1694149.jpg

resu

Reaction score
I searched to see who would make such a thing and of course he had to have a razor sharp squared hairline.

tariq-nasheed.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I searched to see who would make such a thing and of course he had to have a razor sharp squared hairline.

tariq-nasheed.jpg

Privileged twat (Tariq Nasheed).

tkster95

Reaction score
If I was a slick NW7 with good sides, back, and donor hair I would consider harvesting every graft possible all over my scalp while incorporating SMP

#1 all over

best way to give the illusion of hair, and replicate this look

7124953.jpg

I've only seen a couple examples where someone with smp was still able to kept their hair long like that. I think the procedure is mainly suited for a shaved head look. I've read a few threads of people who had a decent amount of hair and expected to keep their hair long (some were even told that they could), but were unsuccessful in pulling off the look and ultimately had to shave it. A lot of veterans at the smp forum I frequent suggest shaving your head all the way down prior to doing smp, to see if you are comfortable with a shaved head look, because you may be forced to do so once you get the treatment.

It seems the people who still have a lot of hair can go longer between shaves (3-4 days) where as a NW6-7 would likely have to shave every day or every other day. Also, the people with some hair left have less issues with scalp shine and it feels a bit more realistic than the peach fuzz on a NW6-7 would when someone rubs your head. That look in the pic you posted may be possible with a decent amount of hair, smp and a little bit of toppic though.

That hair is pretty much exactly how I used to have it back in high school, also had a similar beard that I'd shape like that with a straight razor. Oh the glory days, lol. With smp I'd like to get that hairline back but just with a shaved head look instead of that length. I'd probably place the hairline a bit higher though. I was thinking about a hairline about 3.5-4 finger lengths above my eyebrows. I was probably about 3 finger lengths back when I had hair.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
I've only seen a couple examples where someone with smp was still able to kept their hair long like that. I think the procedure is mainly suited for a shaved head look. I've read a few threads of people who had a decent amount of hair and expected to keep their hair long (some were even told that they could), but were unsuccessful in pulling off the look and ultimately had to shave it. A lot of veterans at the smp forum I frequent suggest shaving your head all the way down prior to doing smp, to see if you are comfortable with a shaved head look, because you may be forced to do so once you get the treatment.

It seems the people who still have a lot of hair can go longer between shaves (3-4 days) where as a NW6-7 would likely have to shave every day or every other day. Also, the people with some hair left have less issues with scalp shine and it feels a bit more realistic than the peach fuzz on a NW6-7 would when someone rubs your head. That look in the pic you posted may be possible with a decent amount of hair, smp and a little bit of toppic though.

That hair is pretty much exactly how I used to have it back in high school, also had a similar beard that I'd shape like that with a straight razor. Oh the glory days, lol. With smp I'd like to get that hairline back but just with a shaved head look instead of that length. I'd probably place the hairline a bit higher though. I was thinking about a hairline about 3.5-4 finger lengths above my eyebrows. I was probably about 3 finger lengths back when I had hair.

mate im a 4.5 finger forehead. imagine how i feel about being a receder/diffuse thinner

shookwun

Reaction score
Finger measure isn't accurate. Divide the face in facial thirds, and that is the most accurate measure on where the placement of your hair should be to frame the face and provide symmetry, and balance. Temple points need to be taken in consideration also, as these aid in not giving the appearance of a wide forehead. Their are people that go by the wrinkle measure, which is fine. Lift your brow up and mark a line at the highest wrinkle. They say that's where your juvenile hair line was when you were younger. If that's the case, then Iv'e always had a high hairline, and prominent forehead my whole life.

My lack of temple points **** up my forehead and make it look wider, and larger then it actually is. I can only fit 3 fingers from my hairline-brow. But seriously if you can fit more then four fingers either their tiny as **** or your hairline starts at the back of your head.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 fingers is normal forehead. Then again.. it depends how fat your fingers are.

Is that with your bottom finger just above the eyebrows and the top fingers just below where the hairline starts?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say 4 fingers is a pretty big forehead honestly.
I have a massive forehead and I can only put 3.5 fingers...

tkster95

Reaction score
Finger measure isn't accurate. Divide the face in facial thirds, and that is the most accurate measure on where the placement of your hair should be to frame the face and provide symmetry, and balance. Temple points need to be taken in consideration also, as these aid in not giving the appearance of a wide forehead. Their are people that go by the wrinkle measure, which is fine. Lift your brow up and mark a line at the highest wrinkle. They say that's where your juvenile hair line was when you were younger. If that's the case, then Iv'e always had a high hairline, and prominent forehead my whole life.

My lack of temple points **** up my forehead and make it look wider, and larger then it actually is. I can only fit 3 fingers from my hairline-brow. But seriously if you can fit more then four fingers either their tiny as **** or your hairline starts at the back of your head.

I know what you mean. I lost one temple point (side profile) and it throws off my face I think. The other one is still holding on. I wish both were, that way if I got SMP I wouldn't have to do anything on the sides.

The face into thirds technique sounds good... how would I get the most accurate measurement? Do you mean when looking at the face head on; from the very top of the head to below the chin?

I saw a scalp micropigmentation video on youtube where the practitioner was using some sort of measuring deceive, that I think was called a vernier caliper. I was considering getting one of those.

The wrinkle line is a good starting point for the hair line. I recently saw another video where someone with SMP had the hairline placed below the wrinkle line. When he was talking and making expressions with his face the wrinkles were rippling up into the hairline. It looked odd to say the least! Seeing that made me nervous about getting SMP. However, it was likely a mistake on his part for not taking that into account before getting the procedure.

The hairline placement is key to pulling off the look. With most SMP companies, they'll do the treatment over 3 sessions; usually starting with a very high hairline (say 4.5 fingers above the eyebrow) and light side profiles (side profiles are optional) then with the next 2 treatments they gradually bring it down to adjust and refine the look.

The side profiles are also something to consider. Originally I wasn't going to get them, but I've recently done a mock up and it seems that having side profiles really brings the whole look together. I think its important to not over do them by making them to defined and dense, but if done right they can really set it off.

If anyone is considering SMP, its a good idea to test out different hairline and side profile looks using a product like dermmatch or eyeshadow. So far, I tried it out using some eyeshadow and I've learned a lot. Originally I was doing a hairline at about 3 finger lengths. I liked it at first but eventually, after coming back to the mirror and checking out different angles, it started to look odd, as in the dreaded helmet look! I then did a couple hairlines around 3.5-4 finger lengths and just that little bit made a huge difference. That height along with subtle side profiles really looked awesome! It framed my face exactly like I had hoped and I could see a resemblance of the old me. It got me quite excited about the procedure, but I still have my doubts.

@hellouser when measuring with my fingers; for three, I use the index to ring and I place them just above my eyebrow. For 4 I throw the pinky in the mix too. My wrinkle line is about 3.5 or so.

shookwun

Reaction score
Temple points are usually the first give away someone is in the beginning stages of balding, all though their are exceptions. They are so important in giving a sharp defined look, and minimizing how pronounced the fore head is. Once they are gone the forehead starts to look wide, and prominent. Couple this with temple loss and it starts to throw facial symmetry off. One of the key things I will address in my next transplant is having the temple points redone, and corners closed.

My hairline is almost half an inch to high. I have a pronounced and prominent forehead but it isnt to the point where it distorts facial harmony.

I can fit four fingers at hairline to brow-nose bridge.:laugh:

3 is ideal
Ideal-Facial-Proportions-On-a-Female-Face-In-Thirds.png

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Temple points are usually the first give away someone is in the beginning stages of balding, all though their are exceptions. They are so important in giving a sharp defined look, and minimizing how pronounced the fore head is. Once they are gone the forehead starts to look wide, and prominent. Couple this with temple loss and it starts to throw facial symmetry off. One of the key things I will address in my next transplant is having the temple points redone, and corners closed.

My hairline is almost half an inch to high. I have a pronounced and prominent forehead but it isnt to the point where it distorts facial harmony.

Ideal-Facial-Proportions-On-a-Female-Face-In-Thirds.png

Look everyone, MATHEMATICS! Too bad the pretty people of society are usually fvcking ignorant on this subject... ironic, isn't it?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea its true. the general populace is in fairy tale land pretending that theres no rhyme or reason to who we find attractive x.x

the same type that says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "bald is beautiful!". damn i wish i cud deceive myself like that but i can't

its just one of those uncomfortable truths. to a large extent you can measure how attractive someone is. of course it will vary by a point or two but everyone has a general rating.