Something I've realized: Most people dont go bald.

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
When I first started balding, I remember being told to not worry about it since most men go bald (I think it was the 2 out of 3 men experience hair loss statistic). But I've always doubted this. While it is true that A MAJORITY of men experience SOME DEGREE of hair loss most men don't go past Norwood 4 territory(or NW3 for that matter). I mean a guy who loses his juvenile hairline and goes to a Norwood 1.5 is probably considered one of the 2 out of 3 who has experienced hair loss. No matter where I go...on a flight, to the store, a sporting event...you name it...there's legit only like a tiny minority of slick bald or visibly balding people. The fact this is the reality only makes my looming NW6/5 hair loss all the more ****tier.

shookwun

Reaction score
Only a small minority of men are NW6-7 territory. Men who experience hair loss as a teenager or early twenties are a small minority. Loosing your hair this early is premature, and isn't the norm of those statistics. But even then, most these hair loss statistics are ****ing retarded to begin with. Point in case, early hair loss, and NW7 are a very small minority, and not the norm for hair loss suffers. Seeing a NW3-4 in your forties, and early fifties is pretty normal if you ask me. I used to think men would loose a bit of hair as they grew older, as if it was part of mother nature. But seeing a slick NW7 was never part of that picture.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Imagine how much of a minority I must feel being the lone balding girl in a crowd of non balding women and men... I'm a minority of a minority, basically

resu

Reaction score
One of my neighbors he only went bald in his 60's and he went fast, he's now an almost slick NW5. So much about that theory that androgens drop with age so you don't need to worry about finasteride losing efficiency, something happens at the follicle and it doesn't matter how much high or low DHT you have. He was a full NW1 till then, you're never past the danger zone.

And yes we're a minority, just look around and it's easy to tell.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
It is the absolute worst being in your early twenties and having the hair of an old man. It just doesn't suit me and sadly never will ! When walking down the street and seeing guys in their sixties and seventies with more hair than me at 24 I just wanna puke , it's like I did something wrong in a past life to look like this now . How am I supposed to accomplish anything in life when I look so pathetic . My peers already give me such little respect and with each hair i lose I feel society is becoming more and more colder and I am just invisible, not just from women but everyone in general . The way people treat you is completely different. I never knew how much society values looks and your ranked solely by this. With hair i looked great so I was just oblivious to this but sadly i never got much of a chance to enjoy my youth , my hair escaped me too fast.

shookwun

Reaction score
It is the absolute worst being in your early twenties and having the hair of an old man. It just doesn't suit me and sadly never will ! When walking down the street and seeing guys in their sixties and seventies with more hair than me at 24 I just wanna puke , it's like I did something wrong in a past life to look like this now . How am I supposed to accomplish anything in life when I look so pathetic . My peers already give me such little respect and with each hair i lose I feel society is becoming more and more colder and I am just invisible, not just from women but everyone in general . The way people treat you is completely different. I never knew how much society values looks and your ranked solely by this. With hair i looked great so I was just oblivious to this but sadly i never got much of a chance to enjoy my youth , my hair escaped me too fast.

:laugh:

PxMUdND.png

EvilLocks

Reaction score
did you ever post a pic of your loss?

I did, but I deleted it. A few guys here got to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

When walking down the street and seeing guys in their sixties and seventies with more hair than me at 24 I just wanna puke

I get the feeling. It's basically torture to see all these full heads of hair. When I see an older guy with a full head (there are plenty of then as I've come to know) it feels like having my heart ripped out of my chest each time. They just don't know how lucky they are.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was at a business function last night and couldn't believe the amout of balding I saw at the dinner. 75% were nw5 at least. Age seemed to have little to do with it as most were young.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was at a business function last night and couldn't believe the amout of balding I saw at the dinner. 75% were nw5 at least. Age seemed to have little to do with it as most were young.

Ha, how typical... businessmen and baldness seems to go hand in hand.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Ha, how typical... businessmen and baldness seems to go hand in hand.

Probably because they had to work harder due to their baldness. Privileged NW1's don't have to work nearly as hard

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, as long as your face is hidden, it shouldn't matter right?

It was my choice to take it down, and so I did. People should respect the fact that I am not comfortable sharing pics of my hair.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I now hold the theory to get hair transplants as YOUNG as you can. One should enjoy their youth with hair. If I reach 60+ I will not care if I have hair or not but as a man in my twenties I do care. Also all those old people with money and nothing to spend it on. Just get hair transplant, if you have no money get a loan out and then declare yourself bankrupt. If you have no assets they can't do shi* to you. I'm going to embrace life and when I'm an old man I will not care if I am a poor old man. What's the point in being 70 driving a mercedes?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I now hold the theory to get hair transplants as YOUNG as you can. One should enjoy their youth with hair. If I reach 60+ I will not care if I have hair or not but as a man in my twenties I do care. Also all those old people with money and nothing to spend it on. Just get hair transplant, if you have no money get a loan out and then declare yourself bankrupt. If you have no assets they can't do shi* to you. I'm going to embrace life and when I'm an old man I will not care if I am a poor old man. What's the point in being 70 driving a mercedes?

That is some terrible advice. Good luck in the future getting a car, mortgage, etc. Won't happen.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is some terrible advice. Good luck in the future getting a car, mortgage, etc. Won't happen.

yeah but at least we'll have hair
tempting...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is something ive been thinking deeply about

even if i was one of those successful bald men i still wudnt be truly happy and at peace

i wud still feel old and alien in my skin

having a 2k a week job wud be nice but i wud still be unhappy

MercMan

Reaction score
Man I've felt many of the same things you guys feel, at varying degrees over the last 6 years or so, but some of the self-talk going on here is fvcking depressing. It's not AIDS guys...