Something I've realized: Most people dont go bald.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
lmfao wtf..naw nigguz

dat poosy goin' be slammed

Sure is...

article-0-0C02009900000578-574_468x295.jpg

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn bateman is a handsum mutha****a . . . . . dat hair . . . . . . dat cheeky but cold smile . . . . . . . dat perfect skin . . . . . . dat tall powerful presence in his gatdamn suit . . . .

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
One of my neighbors he only went bald in his 60's and he went fast, he's now an almost slick NW5. So much about that theory that androgens drop with age so you don't need to worry about finasteride losing efficiency, something happens at the follicle and it doesn't matter how much high or low DHT you have. He was a full NW1 till then, you're never past the danger zone.

And yes we're a minority, just look around and it's easy to tell.

This is true. No matter what hair transplant doctors say about you establishing a pattern by a certain age where you will no longer lose hair, that's wrong. In your early 50's you will have a new episode of hair loss and again in your 60's or 70's. You can be a norwood 1 at 50 and completely bald by 55.

Ryath

Reaction score
It def could. It could get that anxiety he feels about sex out of his system. Thats a huge thing to deal with when you are approaching women. Get a few and feel comfortable around naked chicks, then go to town buddy.

Actually once he has sex and realizes how friggin great it is he might just forget about everything else and start approaching any girl just to get more.

lol so true

shookwun

Reaction score
index.php

Lollerme

Banned
Reaction score
Now we have "episodes" of hair loss, what is your goal here, discourage everyone from having anything done?

I didn't know that stating facts about hair transplants is discouraging others from having it done, it's fair that people get to see the pros and cons.

Lollerme

Banned
Reaction score
Not when the information given is false.

No one has "episodes" of hair loss, it starts, goes at a steady rate, and depending on the severity, you usually end up NW5-6, and in somre rare instances NW7.

Usually, when people who were NW5 have 2 good FUE done, they're pretty much set for life.

Not everyone loses it in a steady rate though.

tkster95

Reaction score
Good results with that hair transplant Fred. You must be pleased.

Do you think a hair transplant is out of the question for a NW6-7? (I believe i'm a NW7, if not headed that way... full horseshoe with 0 hair on top at 30 years old) I've seen Dr. Umar pull it off once or twice but it seems out of the ordinary. Plus, I've read he's like $8 a graft and at probably 6,000-10,000 grafts that's way out of my price range. Considering all that, a hair transplant just seem like an expensive hail mary for me. But yours at 2,000 grafts gives me a bit of hope.

I really don't want to be a NW7 for the rest of my life, but I'm running out of options. I tried wearing a system for a month or so... worst decision ever. Since then, I've been wet shaving it for a while but without a hair line I look like a fool. At my level of hair loss I figure SMP is my last real shot at getting out of the bald guy category. SMP doesn't get much talk around here though. I'd be curious to hear what some of the HairLossTalk.com veterans have to say about it, if SMP as a viable option for a NW6-7 at the end of the road. Thanks for the advice.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good results with that hair transplant Fred. You must be pleased.

Do you think a hair transplant is out of the question for a NW6-7? (I believe i'm a NW7, if not headed that way... full horseshoe with 0 hair on top at 30 years old) I've seen Dr. Umar pull it off once or twice but it seems out of the ordinary. Plus, I've read he's like $8 a graft and at probably 6,000-10,000 grafts that's way out of my price range. Considering all that, a hair transplant just seem like an expensive hail mary for me. But yours at 2,000 grafts gives me a bit of hope.

I really don't want to be a NW7 for the rest of my life, but I'm running out of options. I tried wearing a system for a month or so... worst decision ever. Since then, I've been wet shaving it for a while but without a hair line I look like a fool. At my level of hair loss I figure SMP is my last real shot at getting out of the bald guy category. SMP doesn't get much talk around here though. I'd be curious to hear what some of the HairLossTalk.com veterans have to say about it, if SMP as a viable option for a NW6-7 at the end of the road. Thanks for the advice.
why do you skin shave it?

im a full norwood 6 as well but i just buzz it . . . . . skin shaving makes you look llike nosferatu or a cancer patient most of the time. not unless you are buff or a thick neck or some aesthetic compensator/distractor

tkster95

Reaction score
I've always had a beard to balance it. The horseshoe looks best 2-3 days after a shave. I usually buzz it down every 3 days with a whal and at the same time wet shave. I can get away with growth up to a week but anything after that and I think it looks sloppy. Besides shaving it down every 3 or so days, the only other possible style I could hope to achieve would be growing it out for a few months and slicking it back like I was in the sopranos, but I don't ever see that happening. If I want to keep looking my best I have to keep this routine.

I was just getting used to the idea of living with the NW7 when I stumbled upon smp. I've checked out probably 150-200 different testimonials uploaded by recipients of the treatment, with descriptions and pictures of the whole process and it seems most of the people are doing back flips their so happy with it. I've still never seen it in person so I'm not 100% sold yet. There are risks but overall it seems to be a positive experience on most of the people who get it done. This is the first time in a while I actually feel like there is an option. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of a tattoo and the commitment to shaving every other day. Some days I'm 100% no questions asked I'm getting it done, other days I feel like its crazy. Would anyone else consider this? Or have I went off the hair loss deep end.

tkster95

Reaction score
Yeah, I've defiantly considered the inevitable head rubs. I agree having some hair on top would be ideal. However, even with a NW7 there's little peach fuzz that doesn't actually grow out but can be felt after a couple days. I have about 3 days of growth now and if I close my eyes and rub the top of my head it feels like I have some hair! If I got smp, I was thinking I'd wet shave the sides and just buzz the top, that way it will still feel like I got something up there.

My hair loss is pretty bad and I think it will only get worse. I already lost one side profile and I think the other one is slipping away. I figure its either a miracle Dr. Umar 10,000 graft procedure or smp. And if I went smp I'd have a tough time spending all that money on grafts. What I'm hoping is that I'll be so happy with the treatment that I won't care if at some point someone finds out. Plus, if I have any sort of long term relationship they're eventually going to find out anyways. Back in the day when I used toppic I was pretty comfortable with people knowing, so I'm hoping it would be the same with smp.

I'm still a bit worried that it will look weird on me. I've seen some bad results but its usually due to unreal expectations by the person getting the treatment (super straight / low hairlines and super dense side profiles). I've seen a couple botched jobs by the practitioner, but as long as your going to a reputable company that is out of the ordinary. Usually the people who opt for natural, soft hairlines with light side profiles, end up looking pretty good. I've got some dermmatch on the way and I'm going to do some mock ups with different sorts of hairlines, to see what it could potentially look like on me.

shookwun

Reaction score
Thank you tkster!

My opinion is, don't ever consider SMP without a least a few thousand grafts to combine it with.

SMP on its own is a mistake, if a girl runs her hand on your scalp (and most will do that), she will feel that you have nothing.

Even if you spread out 3500 grafts, it will be enough to give you a frame and it will look good if your shave your head.

SMP might not even be necessary at that point. I thought I would have to resort to SMP on top of my hair transplant too, but I think I can do without it now.

If I was a slick NW7 with good sides, back, and donor hair I would consider harvesting every graft possible all over my scalp while incorporating SMP

#1 all over

best way to give the illusion of hair, and replicate this look

7124953.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was a slick NW7 with good sides, back, and donor hair I would consider harvesting every graft possible all over my scalp while incorporating SMP

#1 all over

best way to give the illusion of hair, and replicate this look

7124953.jpg

Thing is, you wouldn't really want a perfectly straight hairline like that at old age... it looks kind of weird on guys that 50+ years old. A slight NW2 hairline looks much more refined, therefor, less work is necessary.

shookwun

Reaction score
Thing is, you wouldn't really want a perfectly straight hairline like that at old age... it looks kind of weird on guys that 50+ years old. A slight NW2 hairline looks much more refined, therefor, less work is necessary.
Not as low as said picture, but example

that's typically what happpens as one ages, the forelock is still low, but becomes much more angular in the shape of a widows peak.

I work with a 65year old guy with a perfect slicked back head of hair, has that 'mature' look where it forms a widows peak while still being low