Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Tempura

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on propecia for 8 months now and my hairline has gotten from almost perfect to a nw2 in the last 2 months. It keeps receding everyday. Anyone experienced the same thing and got regrowth at the hairline ? I think this is my first big shedding.
Really need some replies. Im getting very depressed..

Almost perfect? Why did you start with propecia then?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man @Somebody I have been doing your daily rolling for absorption method for about 3 months now and my hair basically looks no different than before I started. Maybe a few extra wispy looking hairs but nothing that seems to be cosmetically relevant. Results with this method are supposed to happen pretty quickly, no?

I may have just already maxed out my regrowth potential on the big 3 prior to starting. I'm trying to decide if it's worth me continuing on with this for another few months and see if anything worthwhile comes of it. I don't really want to continue exposing my scalp to needles every day if I'm getting no benefit from it

Oro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man @Somebody I have been doing your daily rolling for absorption method for about 3 months now and my hair basically looks no different than before I started. Maybe a few extra wispy looking hairs but nothing that seems to be cosmetically relevant. Results with this method are supposed to happen pretty quickly, no?

I may have just already maxed out my regrowth potential on the big 3 prior to starting. I'm trying to decide if it's worth me continuing on with this for another few months and see if anything worthwhile comes of it. I don't really want to continue exposing my scalp to needles every day if I'm getting no benefit from it
What about vitaminis?

Tom Cruise

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey somebody! nice thread and progress your hair is perfect congrats

couple of questions.

How long do you wait before applying minoxidil after you dermaroll everynight?

this might be strange but do you have any tips for finding Perilla leaves in Australia? lol. I can only find Perilla oil supps online.

thanks man, keep up the fight. You're an inspiration

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it should.

Difficult to say, for sure. I was on Propecia for 5 years and Nizarol for 3 years (and off and on minoxidil without results), before I started with dermaroller and minoxidil.It was combination that gave great results. As of now there hasn't been any change for some time, I may have reached maximum results that I can get from treatment.

Yes. That's understandable.

Vitamin can help to boost treatment that works. If there are no results I wouldn't expect much.

I think I'm just going to cut back on the rolling some as I do think it has made some new hairs appear (albeit not cosmetically helping hairs at this point)

I think I'll take 2-3 days off from rolling to let my scalp kind of "reset", then go to doing it somewhere between 3-5 days a week

Reactions: Oro

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just found two pictures in old usb drive. Both are from 2004. I was 19 half at that time. As I look back to hair loss timeline, I think I had really agresseive hair loss between 2003-2005 and that it stabilazed between 2006-2007 and afterwords it accelated again, to finaly I did take action in end of 2008 and got propecia.

Attachments

• 2004.png
    2004.png
    634.6 KB · Views: 1,228

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Reactions: Oro

tonycrespo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey somebody thanks for answering my minoxidil question, I have 2 more questions do you drink perilla leaf tea as well? and does the egg mask really reduce oily scalp? thanks again brother.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey somebody thanks for answering my minoxidil question, I have 2 more questions do you drink perilla leaf tea as well? and does the egg mask really reduce oily scalp? thanks again brother.
Yes, from time to time I do drink perilla as tea. But I prefer coffee. The way I take perilla powder is as folllowing: in morning on empty stomach and I drink it down with water. About egg white mask, yes it should work. I have got postive feedback from others who have tried it. From my experice it's good for reducing light inflammation. Also you can google up benifits of applying egg white mask.

Roko86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so it's a year and a half now since the first post, how many people have a new head of hair? Anyone had great results at all besides Somebody using this method? Anybody? I'm 14 months in with zero new hair, and I'm a fanatic, never missed a single day. I would love it if maybe a few more guys had some great results, but I see the same questions being answered today as they were a year ago. Maybe the guys who grew hair left when they got results??? Or it just doesn't work. Fire away

Tempura

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so it's a year and a half now since the first post, how many people have a new head of hair? Anyone had great results at all besides Somebody using this method? Anybody? I'm 14 months in with zero new hair, and I'm a fanatic, never missed a single day. I would love it if maybe a few more guys had some great results, but I see the same questions being answered today as they were a year ago. Maybe the guys who grew hair left when they got results??? Or it just doesn't work. Fire away

What defines Somebody's method? Only thing I've added since I started to follow this thread (unregistered hehe) is perilla which may or may not help out. derma + minoxidil I did before.

I am getting zero gains since I started the hair treatment journey in July last year so there isn't really any bulletproof method.

Granted, Somebody's story is phenomenal and a great follow.

Last edited:

Roko86

My Regimen
Reaction score
What defines Somebody's method? Only thing I've added since I started to follow this thread (unregistered hehe) is perilla which may or may not help out. derma + minoxidil I did before.

I am getting zero gains since I started the hair treatment journey in July last year so there isn't really any bulletproof method.

Granted, Somebody's story is phenomenal and a great follow.

I'm going away from the every day plan back to the once or twice a week plan of doing it less but harder. Also I'm not going to apply it straight after, going to wait half a day at least. Heard that applying directly afterwards actually cancels out all the effects of dermarolling, but again it's a theory. Like you say, there's no bulletproof method. I just know that my hair is terrible, it's actually worse now than when I started, so I have to try something different. I wish it worked like Somebody, but he just got lucky I suppose. Will keep you updated on the new programme, this is week 2 now

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5α-Reductase inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride inhibit 5α-reductase type II and/or other isoforms and are able to decrease circulating DHT levels by 65 to 98% depending on the 5α-reductase inhibitor in question.[26][27][28][20] As such, similarly to the case of 5α-reductase type II deficiency, they provide useful insights in the elucidation of the biological functions of DHT.[29] 5α-Reductase inhibitors were developed and are used primarily for the treatment of BPH. The drugs are able to significantly reduce the size of the prostate gland and to alleviate symptoms of the condition.[14][30] Long-term treatment with 5α-reductase inhibitors is also able to significantly reduce the overall risk of prostate cancer, although a simultaneous small increase in the risk of certain high-grade tumors has been observed.[15] In addition to prostate diseases, 5α-reductase inhibitors have subsequently been developed and introduced for the treatment of pattern hair loss in men.[31] They are able to prevent further progression of hair loss in most men with the condition and to produce some recovery of hair in about two-thirds of men.[13] 5α-Reductase inhibitors seem to be less effective for pattern hair loss in women on the other hand, although they do still show some effectiveness.[32] Aside from pattern hair loss, the drugs are also useful in the treatment of hirsutism and can greatly reduce facial and body hair growth in women with the condition.[33][16]

5α-Reductase inhibitors are overall well-tolerated and show a low incidence of adverse effects.[34] Sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and reduced ejaculate volume, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride.[34][35] A small increase in the risk of affective symptoms including depression, anxiety, and self-harm may be seen.[36][37][38] Both the sexual dysfunction and affective symptoms may be due partially or fully to prevention of the synthesis of neurosteroids like allopregnanolone rather necessarily than due to inhibition of DHT production.[36] A very small risk of gynecomastia has been associated with 5α-reductase inhibitors (1.2 to 3.5%).[34][39] Based on reports of 5α-reductase type II deficiency in males and the effectiveness of 5α-reductase inhibitors for hirsutism in women, reduced body and/or facial hair growth is a likely potential side effect of these drugs in men.[13][16] There are very few studies evaluating the side effects of 5α-reductase inhibitors in women. However, due to the known role of DHT in male sexual differentiation, 5α-reductase inhibitors may cause birth defects such as ambiguous genitalia in the male fetuses of pregnant women. As such, they are not used in women during pregnancy.[34]

MK-386 is a selective 5α-reductase type I inhibitor which was never marketed.[40] Whereas 5α-reductase type II inhibitors achieve much higher reductions in circulating DHT production, MK-386 decreases circulating DHT levels by 20 to 30%.[41] Conversely, it was found to decrease sebum DHT levels by 55% in men versus a modest reduction of only 15% for finasteride.[42][43] However, MK-386 failed to show significant effectiveness in a subsequent clinical study for the treatment of acne.[44]

Biological activity[edit]
DHT is a potent agonist of the AR, and is in fact the most potent known endogenous ligand of the receptor. It has an affinity (Kd) of 0.25 to 0.5 nM for the human AR, which is about 2- to 3-fold higher than that of testosterone (Kd = 0.4 to 1.0 nM)[45] and 15–30 times higher than that of adrenal androgens.[46] In addition, the dissociation rate of DHT from the AR is 5-fold slower than that of testosterone.[47] The EC50 of DHT for activation of the AR is 0.13 nM, which is about 5-fold stronger than that of testosterone (EC50 = 0.66 nM).[48] In bioassays, DHT has been found to be 2.5- to 10-fold more potent than testosterone.[45]

The elimination half-life of DHT in the body (53 minutes) is longer than that of testosterone (34 minutes), and this may account for some of the difference in their potency.[49] A study of transdermal DHT and testosterone treatment reported terminal half-lives of 2.83 hours and 1.29 hours, respectively.[50]

Unlike other androgens such as testosterone, DHT cannot be converted by the enzyme aromatase into an estrogen like estradiol. Therefore, it is frequently used in research settings to distinguish between the effects of testosterone caused by binding to the AR and those caused by testosterone's conversion to estradiol and subsequent binding to and activation of ERs.[51] Although DHT cannot be aromatized, it is still transformed into metabolites with significant ER affinity and activity. These are 3α-androstanediol and 3β-androstanediol, which are predominant agonists of the ERβ.[17]

Last edited:

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture update

Attachments

• 2015 liquid minoxidil two years into treatment.png
    2015 liquid minoxidil two years into treatment.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,268
  • 2017 foam minxidil about 2 years into treatment.png
    2017 foam minxidil about 2 years into treatment.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,232
Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on applying liquid minoxidil and white flakes (+dandruff). I have been applying liquid minoxidil for more then one month. Basically because the mail lost my package, have ordered again and will get foam next week.
So about my experience so far. Still insignificant amount of white flakes and dandruff. In past it would have been big issue for my scalp. I talked about it in my last youtube video. Here are summery on what has been working for me:
- Use hat when it's cold outside
- Use caps when it's hot and there is sunlight
- Massage minoxidil well into scalp
- Use shampoo with salic acid (2%) 3 times a week
- Use cold air when drying hair

I attach two pictures of my hair. One from 2015 when I had used liquid minoxidil for 2 years and another image from 2017 of foam minoxidil. My hair was much darker when I used liquid. Since I have applyd foam, I have got my natural hair color. Conclusion liquid minoxidil seems to be more effective. What experience do you have?

Damn your hairline is gorgeous dude. No homo. I'm super jelly

Oro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello alex.
What do you think is a substitute for Propecia?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on applying liquid minoxidil and white flakes (+dandruff). I have been applying liquid minoxidil for more then one month. Basically because the mail lost my package, have ordered again and will get foam next week.
So about my experience so far. Still insignificant amount of white flakes and dandruff. In past it would have been big issue for my scalp. I talked about it in my last youtube video. Here are summery on what has been working for me:
- Use hat when it's cold outside
- Use caps when it's hot and there is sunlight
- Massage minoxidil well into scalp
- Use shampoo with salic acid (2%) 3 times a week
- Use cold air when drying hair

I attach two pictures of my hair. One from 2015 when I had used liquid minoxidil for 2 years and another image from 2017 of foam minoxidil. My hair was much darker when I used liquid. Since I have applyd foam, I have got my natural hair color. Conclusion liquid minoxidil seems to be more effective. What experience do you have?

To be far, the lighting is a little different in the pictures. Hair still looks great though.