Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

AIH

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take perilla pills now a month. I must say my hair feels stronger thicker , easier to style.
Less itch , less sebum.

Don't now if this is the perilla doing that thickening, I take also high dosages vitamine D and B12 injections every month the past month's due deficiency.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Somebody,
I am on finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, dermaroll (1x per week), perilla, omega 3, multivit, and biotin. Is this enough to get regrowth or do I need to add all the other supplements like lysine, taurine, ala, etc?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could add lysine. Others like ala and taurine, I take for fat burn and energy.
Thanks will add 500mg of lysine.

I'm having a hard time finding out what lysine does exactly. Can u please explain? All I found online is a patent that claims lysine helps finasteride and minoxidil work better but doesn't explain why. For a while Spencer kobren recommended it too.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Alex,
After being on finasteride for over 11 years and steadily losing hair at my hairline I'm thinking of switching over to taking dutasteride daily. What r ur thoughts on dutasteride if finasteride is losing effectiveness? Many reports online saying dutasteride hurts the hairline because of the rise in testosterone it causes.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What r ur thoughts on dutasteride if finasteride is losing effectiveness?
I have been on dutasteride before. My hair become darker, grew faster and hairline also improved. Was taking dutasteride x 3 times a week. On the negative side I got unwanted side effects, I decided to cut off dutasteride and get back to Propecia. I think I have some pictures from that time. I will post them later, so you can look for difference after 2 months on dutasteride. My dutasteride test was in 2011, that said real regrow accord in 2013 when I started with minoxidil and dermaroller. Before that time there where just small improvments, but nothing off significants.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on dutasteride before. My hair become darker, grew faster and hairline also improved. Was taking dutasteride x 3 times a week. On the negative side I got unwanted side effects, I decided to cut off dutasteride and get back to Propecia. I think I have some pictures from that time. I will post them later, so you can look for difference after 2 months on dutasteride. My dutasteride test was in 2011, that said real regrow accord in 2013 when I started with minoxidil and dermaroller. Before that time there where just small improvments, but nothing off significants.
Cool thanks. Looking forward to the pics. U switched from finasteride daily to only dutasteride 3x a week correct?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have u had blood work done to check ur liver after being on finasteride/supplements for so long? Any negatives?

Do u think revita shampoo has anti androgen properties or only helps because it addresses inflammation?

Btw I'm so irritated. First revita went out of stock. Now foligain does not exist anymore. I've heard bad things about regenepure and their marketing tactics. I might just have to stick to regular nizoral but I can't use it daily.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also do u find that you are more gentle on your hair after hair loss during shampoo/combing/etc?

Ever since hair loss started I comb and shampoo lightly to not harm my already weakened hair

Mazaza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Alex,

Thanks for your reply, I will dig in ''natural'' DHT blockers. I don't know which one yet though but I will update once I take a decision on that. I also found a way to get my hands on dried perilla leaves (but will probably have them only at the end of December).

Otherwise, I started dermarolling, it takes me ages to do it right (long hair + inexperienced). Today I applied minoxidil immediately after rolling, and on some areas where I rolled a bit harder (temples) it stung like crazy and my scalp feels very itchy right now. Two questions about that:
  • Is supposed to sting then itch? Am I going too hard?
  • Do you wait a few minutes before applying minoxidil after rolling?

Also, a more general remark: I think the quality of my hair and the quantity I shed are correlated a lot to my diet and lifestyle. Recently I was drinking much more water, increased my vegetable intake and got plenty of sleep, and had much healthier hair than for the last 10 days (during which I boozed a lot, felt stressed, slept too little). Maybe it is just in my head though.

Cheers,
Mazaza

Last edited:

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, a more general remark: I think the quality of my hair and the quantity I shed are correlated a lot to my diet and lifestyle. Recently I was drinking much more water, increased my vegetable intake and got plenty of sleep, and had much healthier hair than for the last 10 days (during which I boozed a lot, felt stressed, slept too little). Maybe it is just in my head though.
I think you are right about it. Water and diet is important.

Last edited:

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I agree. You could try: https://www.biovea.com/eu/product_d...O-with-2--Minoxidil---2--Trioxidil--8oz-240ml Active ingredients:
Ketoconazole 1%, Minoxidil Sulfate 2% w/w, Salicylic Acid 1%.
I haven't tried it myself, but will buy next time before I run out of Foligain D1 (I liked better Foligain SR)
I comb and massage my scalp quit strong now. For me when I have inflammation under control, its not that easy to pull out hair anymore.

I recently swapped from nizoral to Regenepur DR, should I consider Foligain instead?

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great. I remember in message you wrote, you talked about minoxidil foam and that it irritated your scalp, has there been any improvements?

Thanks for answering the PM. Whether its the Perilla or the egg white mask or a combination of that with the other treatments, my scalp and hair feels healthier and there is definitely already less shedding, great. (edit, I've also added fish oil tablet)
I'm now considering restarting dermaroller with minoxidil again perhaps even a minoxidil/finasteride solution

Thanks

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was taking dutasteride x 3 times a week. It was suggested by dermatalogist. Reason was that lifespan for dutasteride, was much longer then for finasteride.

Yes. You check them out. Product is inexpensie so you dont take to much risk by buying them. You can make tea, but over the years I have found that for me its just esiest just drink down with water.

Yes. One year ago. Everything was fine. I think its helpful that have good diet, do gym and take supplements.

Inflammation

Yes. I agree. You could try: https://www.biovea.com/eu/product_d...O-with-2--Minoxidil---2--Trioxidil--8oz-240ml Active ingredients:
Ketoconazole 1%, Minoxidil Sulfate 2% w/w, Salicylic Acid 1%.
I haven't tried it myself, but will buy next time before I run out of Foligain D1 (I liked better Foligain SR)
I comb and massage my scalp quit strong now. For me when I have inflammation under control, its not that easy to pull out hair anymore.

Yes, I think you are doing it litle to hard. You could just practic first in front, so you can get feel for it. And after do rest of scalp. I think it would be helpful to read other threads about dermarolling, who have done it same way as I did. I apply nminoxidil right away after dermarolling.

I think you are right about it. Water and diet is important.

Seems like u have good derms in ur country that know about inflammation and these drugs. Was the dutasteride dermatologist in Asia or ur home country?

Foligain now has minoxidil in shampoo? Kinda weird

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What are those bad things ? I use Regenepure DR and NT.

Basically an old member on hairloss help admitted that he posted a fake review on youtube for the company in order to get money. I think there was some similar scandal that went on here too. I just don't trust the company. Not sure if the product is any good though.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alex did u experience any shedding when switching between different shampoos like Revita, folligain, etc?

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything you recommend to look for in a hair oil? If not for any regrowth related effects, decent hair oil could potentially keep my hair that I have left in check by keeping it healthy. Maybe some oil with inflammation treating components?

Last edited:

baldistheword

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Alex.

Have you ever tried Broccoli Sprouts? They are rich in Sulforaphane and have also other benefits to health.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Somebody,
I am currently on big 3. I use nizoral 2% about 3 times a week. The other time I use tgel coal tar shampoo for my psoriasis. If this gets inflammation under control is it still better to use Revita over the tgel shampoo so I'm using keto 7 times per week? I can buy Revita from a nearby shop for a decent price. Or is nizoral 2% 3 times a week enough?

Also what r ur thoughts on drinking milk. I like to drink low fat chocolate milk after my workouts bc it has carbs and protein (11 grams per 8oz). One dermatologist told me milk was bad bc it could flare up acne and hair loss.