Somebody's Story | 25 Finasteride Results | 7 Mo Treatment (pics)

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dermaroller arived today , i was thinking using it for 3-4 times a week then slowly progress to every day lightly like you are doing ! I hope it gives some results

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
hey somebody are there any perilla vitamins and are they safe to take? Also I am really nervous to take finasteride so I am on a few vitamins but do you know what else I could do for some regrowth? Would s5 cream help with regrowth??

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would s5 cream help with regrowth??
I haven't try tried it. How does your corrent treatment look like? Are you aslo taking biotin and brewer's yeast? After I solved DHT and inflammation issue (that was my problem), it become easy to grow hair

I'm closer to 50. Damn, I am old.
Time really flyes fast. We really need to get most out of it...

Last edited:

g.i joey

Reaction score
I think the .5mg finasteride is whats letting all the other treatments you're using work. IMO, dropping the low dose finasteride would set you back big time as you're not taking care of your dht, @Somebody what do you think?

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the .5mg finasteride is whats letting all the other treatments you're using work
Yes, I agree! And picutures with improvment from 2008 - 2010 clearly showes it. But is there a possibility that I could achive the same reduction in DHT by taking natural road? That's a questions I been asking myself recently.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yes, I agree! And picutures with improvment from 2008 - 2010 clearly showes it. But is there a possibility that I could achive the same reduction in DHT by taking natural road? That's a questions I been asking myself recently.

Believe me, if it were possible someone would have done it by now. Id love to take something natural instead of propecia but my hair goes downhill SUPER quick everytime i get off the stuff for 2+ weeks.

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright 1st time dermaroller + minoxidil and lets see how will it work, i will post pictures in my thread in about 2-3 months

g.i joey

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what do you try to take instead of Propecia?

I tried zinc, topical saw palmetto and oral saw palmetto. Did f*** all for me, actually saw palmetto raised my libido like a mfer and probably resulted in more shedding hair.

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright 1st time dermaroller + minoxidil and lets see how will it work, i will post pictures in my thread in about 2-3 months
Look forward to see your progress.

I tried zinc, topical saw palmetto and oral saw palmetto. Did f*** all for me, actually saw palmetto raised my libido like a mfer and probably resulted in more shedding hair.
Intresting, zinc I take daily, but saw paletto I have never taken.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Intresting, zinc I take daily, but saw paletto I have never taken.

Yeah now every supplement I take is this

Finasteride 1mg 3x a week (usually 4x as I add in an extra day during each week)
Minoxidil (once at night)
Perilla leaves (thanks to you)
DIM supplement
L-arginine (1500mg morning and 1500 at night) keeps my libido high af and also works as an amazing preworkout.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you think of coal tar shampoo for help with male pattern baldness and inflammation?

it was the official shampoo used in the propecia trials

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
I was also applying on my face for just two weeks now to get an awesome beard and I'm seeing very small think dark dots on patches and on other areas long thin hair that weren't there before.

Scalp only has thin hair so it looks like beard is responding faster than scalp hair. I feel like it's because the dht hormone does not attack beard follicles but scalp follicles are consistently under attack.

Derma+minoxidil is working on beard but for scalp it's too early to tell.

What is weird that beard and scalp hair, both have similar growth rates and yet I'm already seeing new terminal hair on beard + long vellus hair but on my scalp in the hairline region I'm only seeing long vellus hair.

Still just one month in for scalp treatment. Lets see in 5-6 more months.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, right now I take 320 mgs of beta sitosterol and saw palmetto along with africanum pygeum..does stinging nettle really work? Also taurine is good for hair loss as well? I have to grab these things I had no idea worked thank you!

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you think of coal tar shampoo for help with male pattern baldness and inflammation?
Intressting. I have never used it. How about you?

Still just one month in for scalp treatment. Lets see in 5-6 more months.
Yes. Good luck.

Hey, right now I take 320 mgs of beta sitosterol and saw palmetto along with africanum pygeum..does stinging nettle really work? Also taurine is good for hair loss as well? I have to grab these things I had no idea worked thank you!
As stand alone I doubt it. But together with the rest think they do work. My hair always get better when I use them. From 2011 to 2013 I tried pretty much everything of supplements. I was desperate and was willing to spend whatever was necessary to find what worked.

Attachments

• supplements2012.png
    supplements2012.png
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 830
Last edited:

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride 1mg 3x a week (usually 4x as I add in an extra day during each week)
Minoxidil (once at night)
Perilla leaves (thanks to you)
DIM supplement
L-arginine (1500mg morning and 1500 at night) keeps my libido high af and also works as an amazing preworkout.
I also take L-arginine form time to time. And I agree about work out and libido. I even have tried with even higher doses. I get strange dreams if I take too much of it :)

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Growth factors after dermarolling / wounding come in between 10-14 days after wounding. Dermarolling every day is pointless and would likely reset the cycle EVERY day.

....... that is if you're wounding while dermarolling right? What if you're just using a .5mm to cause slight acute inflammation?

I noted this in my own journal on here, but man those topicals absorb big time. I've only used rosemary oil and now I'm feeling lightheaded from applying it after my last two nights rolling.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
@Somebody

Did you ever have your hormone levels tested before you began treatment? The reason I ask is I'm curious as to what levels look like for people who don't experience side effects of Finasteride or minoxidil. I'm speaking specifically about Testosterone, DHT, prostaglandin and Estrogen.