Some "way 316606" Stuff Is Making Headlines Today.

zephyrprime

Reaction score
On the PGD2 discovery.. That’s what happens with EVERY discovery. They find a gene or pathway and it’s all over the media.. After a week or few Days you don’t see it for years.. Why? Common sense they have years of preclinicals and clinical research to do before they can even hit the market. Not surprising it hasn’t come back up too much yet
PGD2 regulates sleep. Block it and you can't sleep. That's why we haven't had any drugs from it. The only way we could is if someone developed a topical non-systemic drug to attack pgd2 and no one has done that ever.

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here we go again. I always get a feeling of anger and disappointment in the media when they post this kind of hope every 3-5 years or so. Ever since I started using the Internet (many years ago), it has been the same thing: big headline baldness cure, then nothing ever comes out of it. I know it's not as severe as cancer, but I can't even imagine the emotional pain and disappointment that people with cancer get when they read the headline "Potential new cure for cancer!", and then you hear nothing about it again. It pisses me the f@%# off! Shame on the media!

How about this, wait for the trials to complete (if it even gets to a trial), and if successful, THEN post the headline!

Soundwave

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can buy Way 316066 online, someone is likely to buy it at some point and try it, though I wouldn't advise it per se.

Last edited:

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sigh. People were talking about this kind of thing for hair loss 10 years ago already.
Yup, if you do a little search on HairLossTalk.com you can see the exact same types of posts. It's like this website is caught in a f*****g limbo..

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PGD2 regulates sleep. Block it and you can't sleep. That's why we haven't had any drugs from it. The only way we could is if someone developed a topical non-systemic drug to attack pgd2 and no one has done that ever.
Wrong. Fevipiprant is a stronger pgd2 inhibitor than seti and iscoming out 2020. I’m only on 500mg daily but have no signs of sleep issues. More than one gene regulates sleep.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, if you do a little search on HairLossTalk.com you can see the exact same types of posts. It's like this website is caught in a f*****g limbo..

This is evidence that people have been trying to help you for years.

Every single time somebody has posted something like this in the past they may have failed. But every single one of those was a different chemical makeup to this.

And so and so forth.

What’s interesting is that there is more of these than ever.

So shut up and be grateful that science is working on it. Times have changed. And stop comparing historical apples with modern day lemons

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no trouble sleeping een when I take seti late at night. Then again, I'm pretty weird. I have no trouble sleeping even if I drink tea or coffee.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually heard about this quite a while ago and thought “why haven’t this been picked up?”. There was a presentation done on it regarding how it helps in pattern baldness. I’ll try to find it. Anyway, I actually saw it mentioned on Australia’s most popular news program this morning and was surprised (I already knew it had very recently gained some attention again), because you just don’t see stories like this pop up. Not even for replicel or the more invasive, futuristic therapies.

I have read however that it’s being made into a shampoo. To me that sounds bogus.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Actually I am curious to see some results or pictures for this. It might end up being a lot better than expected. I read an article on CNN that said they tested inhibiting this protein in the lab, and got more regrowth than Cyclosporine A alone.
This could be bigger than you might think, but lets be real its going to be 10 years minimum before any product even could exist to target this.
Also the implications as to why it works, and how it fits into the current puzzle of male pattern baldness research. Where does this fit with PGD2, androgens, and other factors like WNT pathway?

bald2thebone

Reaction score
I think we're getting closing to better Androgenic Alopecia treatments with each passing day so try to stay positive. This particular chemical sounds promising but it would be nice if we got the ball rolling ourselves instead of waiting 10 years for something to come about.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
687952EF-93F6-4825-8094-E479861073D6.jpeg
These are the photos of the cultured hairs grown by way-313306

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So we can buy this way stuff but we don't know what a safe topical dose would be. Has anybody got any ideas about how to approach making a topical out of it without giving ourselves cancer?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we can buy this way stuff but we don't know what a safe topical dose would be. Has anybody got any ideas about how to approach making a topical out of it without giving ourselves cancer?
Good luck. It would be incredibly expensive to make your own.