Some "way 316606" Stuff Is Making Headlines Today.

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A friend of mine tried CsA for his psoriasis and got real serious health problems, he had to stop it. That stuff is strong.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Frrom hlc2020:

More importantly, this latest research went one crucial step further. The researchers found that an already existing SFRP1 antagonist drug to treat osteoporosis (brittle bones) was several times more effective than CsA at growing hair in humans. This drug is called WAY-316606.

Moreover, while CsA has major potential side effects, the same is not true for WAY-316606. Note that while CsA is an immunosupresant, WAY-316606 is a non-immunosppressive, chemically unrelated agent.

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
People on this forum (including me) are using hormone altering drugs, that can have long term consequences to keep their hair.

Man, so true...

I get frustrated when people say "just shave it!". f*** people who don't think Androgenetic Alopecia (especially before 30 or 35) is a disorder with social and psychological implications. We're here putting chemicals (that do God knows what) into our bodies and on our heads with the hope that we don't have to think about feeling like sh*t 24/7 or worry about the best way to hide our balding.

I'm tired of waiting for a miracle.

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So. This looks promising, is the osteoporosis drug already in commerce?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Frrom hlc2020:

More importantly, this latest research went one crucial step further. The researchers found that an already existing SFRP1 antagonist drug to treat osteoporosis (brittle bones) was several times more effective than CsA at growing hair in humans. This drug is called WAY-316606.

Moreover, while CsA has major potential side effects, the same is not true for WAY-316606. Note that while CsA is an immunosupresant, WAY-316606 is a non-immunosppressive, chemically unrelated agent.
That is great but no body knows how you would apply it to your scalp!

butler

My Regimen
Reaction score
Way-316066 in this study is not an osteoperosis drug, it is a hairloss drug !

they observed that SFRP1 was being down-regulated in the dermal papilla CsA-treated human scalp hair follicles
and then designed this new hairloss drug Way-316066 (SFRP1 antagonist) and for now we are sure that it makes regular hair grow.
if they tested it on hair not from donor area we would be 100% certain that this is it.
according to them this is what the CsA hairgrowth side effect looks like, we should expect something similar with Way-316066 :
View attachment 88013

read the f*****g abstract at least !

Actually amazing that you are telling me to read.

First of all it’s WAY-316606 not Way-316066.

Secondly, this is a paragraph taken from the Manchester University website:

“After some detective work, Dr Hawkshaw found that a compound originally developed to treat osteoporosis, called WAY-316606, targets the same mechanism as CsA by specifically antagonising SFRP1.”

So before having a go, maybe try f*****g reading.

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score

Because we've all seen these headlines 1000 times before. I hope I'm wrong, I really, really do.

Oh, and because I'm pissy because my roommate just called out my depression, which I attribute to hair loss and taking 749294 supplements and having a regimen/styling that takes 2+ hours daily.

Sorry for pessimism. I'm on the verge of a serious breakdown. According to him, hair loss isn't a big deal and I need counselling to "get to the root of the problems I have". He's a blond NW1.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because we've all seen these headlines 1000 times before. I hope I'm wrong, I really, really do.

Oh, and because I'm pissy because my roommate just called out my depression, which I attribute to hair loss and taking 749294 supplements and having a regimen/styling that takes 2+ hours daily.

Sorry for pessimism. I'm on the verge of a serious breakdown. According to him, hair loss isn't a big deal and I need counselling to "get to the root of the problems I have". He's a blond NW1.
Kick him out of your house.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

We are literally in the same boat.

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are literally in the same boat.

I'm so sorry. It really is no fun. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find some solace in not being alone though. I hope things get better. Btw, I appreciate your posts; been reading them long before I actually joined the forum.

Think I'm gonna go get some SSRI tomorrow tbh. Either that or...yeah.