Some "way 316606" Stuff Is Making Headlines Today.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 59F90C41-212E-43FD-BB4C-E5465AE4BBFE.png
    59F90C41-212E-43FD-BB4C-E5465AE4BBFE.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 461

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not a scientist here, but in figure A, the control group follicle doesn’t really look that thick and healthy as the WAY-*** Group, is that a problem? Hoping they had enough samples to form a normal distribution.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a scientist here, but in figure A, the control group follicle doesn’t really look that thick and healthy as the WAY-*** Group, is that a problem? Hoping they had enough samples to form a normal distribution.
That’s a good thing. It means that compared to control, WAY grew thicker, healthier hairs

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
But this is at day 0. before treatment.
“Immunohistomorphometry showed that WAY-316606 treatment rapidly and significantly up-regulated protein expression of the hair shaft keratin K85 (Fig 3B), which is expressed within the pre-cortical hair matrix and the hair shaft [30]. Therefore, antagonising SFRP1 activity enhances human hair shaft production, and do so more effectively than CsA.”

“Indeed, after 6 days of treatment with WAY-316606, a greater percentage of organ-cultured anagen scalp HFs had remained in anagen VI, both macroscopically (Fig 3C and S11 Fig) and microscopically, as validated by standardised, quantitative hair cycle histomorphometry [15] (Fig 3D–3H). This corresponded to a significantly higher percentage of proliferating (Ki-67+) hair matrix keratinocytes (Fig 3D and 3E), a greater number of DAPI+ cells below Auber’s line (Fig 3D and 3F), and a significantly higher melanin content of WAY-316606–treated HFs”

So the keratin and melanin content is an important marker of hair thickness, but yeah you’re right about whether or not those hairs were thickened by WAY or were already like that.
https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article/figure?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.2003705.g003

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so what. they would never have made finasteride in the first place if it wasnt for prostate cancer and the only reason they knew about the 5AR enzyme was from researching prostate cancer

I was referring to the notion that Finasteride was accidentally found to be a Androgenetic Alopecia treatment which is not true. Merck researchers investigate and discover the pseudohermaphrodite guevedoces, identify their abnormalities including underdeveloped penis, small prostates, and that their hairlines do not recede. The researchers find that this is caused by a lack of 5AR so work began on synthesising a drug that could inhibit it's action to hopefully mimic the effects of those with 5ARD.

inmyhead

Reaction score
I was referring to the notion that Finasteride was accidentally found to be a Androgenetic Alopecia treatment which is not true. Merck researchers investigate and discover the pseudohermaphrodite guevedoces, identify their abnormalities including underdeveloped penis, small prostates, and that their hairlines do not recede. The researchers find that this is caused by a lack of 5AR so work began on synthesising a drug that could inhibit it's action to hopefully mimic the effects of those with 5ARD.
proof?

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A question to those who are experimenting with this stuff..

Are any of you concerned about how this may affect your health?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really interested in these results, I’m keeping a close eye on this thread. I would’ve used this myself but I’m already committed to liposomal finasteride and Zinc-Thymulin for a few months... But I think this has the most potential out of all the current treatments available. Good luck and keep updating!

abcdefg

Reaction score
so what. they would never have made finasteride in the first place if it wasnt for prostate cancer and the only reason they knew about the 5AR enzyme was from researching prostate cancer

male pattern baldness sufferers would be screwed hard if not for prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is where they invent all the big guns, and male pattern baldness kind of follows along picking up crumbs in the wake. There are a lot of super powerful androgen based treatments made for prostate cancer its too bad we cant use them for male pattern baldness.
You can, but its not worth the risks. Those prostate cancer drugs are STRONG not worth messing with those for hair, but they certainly work.

lark

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update;

I participated in the group buy, sent money via Paypal about a month ago, asked for an update twice in the last week, and radio silence...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an update;

I participated in the group buy, sent money via Paypal about a month ago, asked for an update twice in the last week, and radio silence...
I hope this doesn't turn into PTD-DBM 2.0...