Some other guy said this

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I admit this guy was too aggressive, but he is pissed off and I can relate to that. I'm not so sure that hairloss is equivalent to being discriminated out of your chances of having a successful life. However, I'm sure there are places that would reject a bald man, but those are high image jobs ie. Hollywood, modeling, who cares right? I agree that hairloss closes doors not so much on a professional level as on a personal level or in a P.R. kind of way. There are definately people out there that will want to have nothing to do with you (and not even see you as an entire person) because of hairloss. This stigma runs deeper than many here care to admit.

Cassin

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I admit this guy was too aggressive, but he is pissed off and I can relate to that. I'm not so sure that hairloss is equivalent to being discriminated out of your chances of having a successful life. However, I'm sure there are places that would reject a bald man, but those are high image jobs ie. Hollywood, modeling, who cares right? I agree that hairloss closes doors not so much on a professional level as on a personal level or in a P.R. kind of way. There are definately people out there that will want to have nothing to do with you (and not even see you as an entire person) because of hairloss. This stigma runs deeper than many here care to admit.
If it wasn't hair loss people would find something else to fixate on and blame

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell. A youngster looking at this forum would think that all bald men sit crying in their room every evening, have no friends, no job and no life.

I go to work every morning in the city, I see literally hundreds of balding young men, going into their fancy offices in their fancy suits to do their well paid jobs. I then go out in the evening and see the same kind of men enjoying drinks with their mates and women.

Ok, it may hold you back in something as superficial as modelling (Where size 6 is too fat) or acting but it's not going to hinder the rest of your life unless you let it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Obviously it affects some guys differently than others. Why? well who knows, it may be due to some complex psychological reason.
Everyone is different.
But the main point is there are varying degrees of how much it effects people.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Bloody hell. A youngster looking at this forum would think that all bald men sit crying in their room every evening, have no friends, no job and no life.

I go to work every morning in the city, I see literally hundreds of balding young men, going into their fancy offices in their fancy suits to do their well paid jobs. I then go out in the evening and see the same kind of men enjoying drinks with their mates and women.

Ok, it may hold you back in something as superficial as modelling (Where size 6 is too fat) or acting but it's not going to hinder the rest of your life unless you let it.

Balding people, yes. BALD people, not as much. You don't see many guys who are young (not black and shaving it off by choice) and completely bald. Yes you see some. But it's not like it's that many.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Once again we hear Uman whining and trying to prove that being bald is like living in hell.....and....

Once again i'm going to add my two cents

honestly U man, i'm not going to make fun of you anymore, you know why....because i'm kinda tired of it...

Your actions and attitudes towards life have basically painted a 'kick me' sign on the top of your bald *** head and people are doing just that. Bald or not bald, everyone in the world has a chance to have a successful life, all you have to do is CHOOSE. (note that choose is in capital letters)

ex. There is a member called hatprisoner91 on this forum who CHOSE to waste away the prime years of his life by staying at home all day and not accomplishing anything because he was losing hair and he was unhappy about it. :bravo: He could have found a job, he could have made new friends, hell he could have even went and done charity work to make a difference in this world. But instead he CHOSE to ignore the world and waste away precious time that no amount of money can ever buy back.

you know what your problem is? your problem is that you are too self defeating. You purposely act and talk in a way that would make people want to make fun of your baldness even more.

ex. I want a girlfriend but I fear the rejection of girls because girls have rejected me in the past. So when a girl I like comes up to me, I purposely act rude to her because it seems too good to be true and I do not want to be rejected again so I take the first step and subconsciously push her away so in the long run I won't get hurt

That is your problem dude. sh*t happens over and over and over again and yes you may get hurt a million times. What you should do is to have an open mind and accept all things because isn't the reason that we are alive is to one day, at that very perfect moment, feel joy after all the hell we've been through?

It's your life buddy, you can CHOOSE to waste it or you can CHOOSE to make a difference. Personally I feel the latter more attractive...but that's just me :punk:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Elvis, you know what is more productive actually? Coming on a message forum and preaching about choices I have made in the past as if I can build a time machine and change them. :bravo:

You can criticize Uman for "whining" but until you live in his shoes, you have no idea what he's going through, now do you?

Too many people say "he could have he could have". Yes I could have done a lot of things. Yes I could have also won the lottery too. Again, it's easy to sit here in your position and nitpick other people's faults or life situations. But the bottom line is you are here too so you are not one to talk. Thanks.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Obviously it affects some guys differently than others. Why? well who knows, it may be due to some complex psychological reason.
Everyone is different.
But the main point is there are varying degrees of how much it effects people.

That's my point though, the problem is more about how it AFFECTS YOU, rather than how SOCEITY TREATS you. I think people in that position could change their life around better with some sort of psychological therapy/confidence building exercies/life coaching more than a hair transplant ever could.

Yes of course being bald has its disadvantages. But people need to see it as a blip on in their life (If that), like getting a scar, breaking a leg, losing a tooth etc. rather than something which defines them and destroys them. - That's what my uncle told me anyway. He's a Norwood 6 and has been since his late 20s. Hairloss means nothing to him, he's got a beautiful wife, big house in West London, 2 kids, is a qualified accountant and gets a very generous salary. Incase you were asking, him and my mum were from a poor background, and he met his wife well before he was earning big bucks. Has he let losing his hair hold him back? From the sounds of things no.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes maybe some sort of therapy is the answer. But for some people I'm not sure it would be enough.
Just as a personal example of how I felt - When I looked in the mirror I did'nt recognise the bald guy staring back, I was 100% sure that this was not the real me, not how things were supposed to be.
After everything I've gone through (5 hair transplant's) I really feel better about myself like I've put something right.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
It's funny how differently it affects people. I know a few guys who've deliberately gone out of his way to expose their balding (Holding their fringe up etc.). And then seemed really proud about it, like it was a sign of growing up, the way you'd take the piss out of kids in the locker room without pubes when you were like 14 as they were 'still a boy'.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
It's funny how differently it affects people. I know a few guys who've deliberately gone out of his way to expose their balding (Holding their fringe up etc.). And then seemed really proud about it, like it was a sign of growing up, the way you'd take the piss out of kids in the locker room without pubes when you were like 14 as they were 'still a boy'.
Always with the contradictions, never able to admit that bald is a negative thing.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Again, people not going through it can't understand.

So if I'm a bit depressed, should I tell someone who is grieving over the death of their whole family, that we are in the same boat? Of course not. I just don't even bother paying attention when people who aren't bald try to tell others what to do and how to feel when bald.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I would really like to see a picture of Hammer's hair. You hear me out there guy? Confirm my suspicions, please.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have any comment on the original post but I have to say this. We're all adults I think we can handle some curse words. Down with censorship. :stfu: :ididit: :youbet: :spam: :firing:

CCS

Reaction score
The depressed guys on here need to try a hair piece. I don't even wear one right now, but I did for a few weeks, and women treated me better. They stopped me on the sidewalk to make sure I said hi to them. And I don't mean go get a stock topper. If you want to look good, you got to rebuild the temples, get a perfect color match, and match other stuff too. I'm sure if you are with a woman long enough and she likes playing with hair, she will eventually find out. But you can have a decent life dating at least.

I'm not wearing now because it costs too much to buy lots of pieces and get everything to match. They did not match me right with my first order. Lots was off, but it was still just good enough people could not tell when around me 5 minutes standing 6 feet away. Got to dye your eyebrows dark enough to match the piece though, and can't go thicker than your sides. Got to look at MANY hair lines to learn the geometry of a good natural hair line with temples. Mess it up, and it does not look right. I hope I don't send you on 1000 hour mission. But if you are really depressed, try it. You'll feel much better just knowing you have that option. It is easy for me to transition since I don't know many people. Some of you with a social life might get spotted.

Expect $150-$300 per piece. I know we all wish we had a full head of hair. We would be so much better with it. But you can make the hairline invisible, and if there are no bubbles you can make it undetectable to touch. Get a super thin skin perimeter and cleaning will be a breeze. It's wrong we should have to do anything, but think of those guys who spend 10 minutes putting gel in their hair, or the women who spend and hour putting on makeup. Bald men are just like ugly faced women. We need time in the bathroom to get ready. a good piece should not take you too long though. Dying eyebrows takes 20 minutes once per week, and you can set an alarm and read a book.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I've thought about getting a system, but the problem is that all my friends and their friends know that I'm bald and would just laugh at me if I just showed up one day with hair.

CCS

Reaction score
Get the good system, and wear a hat over it around your friends, then take it off when you are alone with the ladies.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Since you seem to know about these things CCS, what is the shortest length you can go with a system? I wouldn't feel right with 5 or 6 inches of hair on top. If I could get one that looks good at 2 or 3 inches, I would opt for that. When I had hair, I used to comb it back but you really shouldn't try that with a system huh?