Some other guy said this

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I picked this up from Hairlosshelp. I didn't write this, but he does support my argument.

What do you think would have happened if Arnold were already bald at his 20s years old ? Do you think he would have played the terminator ? (ahaha imagine how scary would be a bald terminator) Do think he would be able to be an actor at all ? (wow, since Conan has a great attitude and is very secure, people wouldnt mind to see a bald Conan on the big screen, right ? LMAO)

Botton line : dont bull*** me saying hair is not that important, and that its all about confidence.
Hairloss CLOSES doors and f*cks succes. We never will know how much potential Arnolds were killed by hairloss.
Yeah, dumba$$. They are all accomplished and looked up to by 1000's BECAUSE THEY'RE HOLLYWOOD ACTORS! F*&king hell, I can't believe that unintelligent idiots like you keep bringing this up, when the fact is that hollywood icons such as they are one in a million, if that! And Costanza being successful is even worse... he is even MORE of an exception to the rule. Honestly you idiot, how many acting jobs are there for people with his looks? Not many. Fact is, they are only open if the CHARACTER calls for someone with his looks.

Good gods above, some of you are so blind to how important looks are, and exactly how much hair has to do with looks. People NOT losing their hair don't understand it. People JUST BEGINNING to lose their hair don't get it until they're Norwood 5-7; THEN they begin to b&tch and lose all previous composure.

Then there are the people who just love to delude themselves into believing it's not a big deal. Rather, it's their cover for having given up and accepted their lot in life. They are the wastes that will have many many door shut on them. They have no chance to experience many finer things.

Anyone want to accuse me of being materialistic and shallow? F&*^ing hypocrites! You're here at this site, and that alone makes you two-faced. Furthermore, it's obvious hair is a big deal in society, because the hair transplant industry and pharmaceutical companies make BILLIONS each year off of this... insecurity. If anyone of you can combat this logic with something other than illogical BS like:

1) "Well movie star has all the women, and he's balding." or...
2) "You're just being shallow! Many others are worse off than you!" or...
3) "Dude, just shave bald and grow a goatee! You'll look great!" (as if EVERY MAN will look great shaved. What a crock) or...
4) "Dude, it's all about confidence!"

And this one really gets me, because confidence with women and dating, contrary to what we are taught, comes from repeated success. Women generally do not judge by saying, "whoa, I'll bet he's smart and nice"... they judge on appearance at first, just as WE men do. Hair is a HUGE HUGE part of appearance for most women. If you profess not to believe that, then shave your head bald and comparitively see how you do in the dating scene. Better yet, just stop coming to this site, since it's not such a big deal.

Oh yeah. That's what I thought... you HYPOCRITES.

Everything you naysayers and "feel good" people spout is definitely BS! I'm here because I know that hair is important in our society, and that I definitely do not look good bald. I definitely cannot attract the type of woman I want (and please, none of the church BS about "looking on the inside"; that's not what initially attracts one to another). It would make me feel 100% better about myself to have a full, thick head of hair. You people feel the same, and that's why YOU ARE HERE.

Furthermore, let's stop comparing ourselves to movie stars and pro-sports players. It's not fair to do so, because not even 1/1,000,000 can be those people. It's much more fair to compare ourselves to "successful" businessmen, doctors, and lawyers. From what I've observed, those people obsess about hairloss too. They wear toupee's and get hair transplant and use drugs. Why is that? Hmmmm??? Why is it that they try as hard as most of us to combat hairloss, if their "success" should overshadow such a "trivial" physical aspect?
Geez... I MUST be imagining things, and you people MUST be right.

Oh yeah, Brian... if you think that "there's more to life than women"... the way you state that is so callous. If you TRULY believe that, then more power to you. However, I happen to enjoy going out with intelligent and BEAUTIFUL women. Not supermodels, but definitely attractive (to me at least). To a woman, all of them seem to hold hair as a major criterion for judging a man's attractiveness. And why shouldn't they? They are smart and hot, so why shouldn't they get the best they can? (And again, for you misguided moral freaks, there's nothing wrong with going for it all, and that includes looks)
Like the guys above have said, if losign your hair is not a big deal... if having all those unattracitve patterns of hairloss doesn't affect you... if you think that 90% of women do NOT care about hair on men (which is obviously bulls&^%), then WHY ARE YOU HERE? And why is the combined hairloss industry a multi-billion dollar giant that keeps growing?

He brings up some good points. Bald people are cast into a lower class (unofficial as it may be) in regards to physical attractiveness.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Sounds like an angry young man to me. Sure, hair is important, it's not the be all and end all....if you follow his logic then where do yo end up? Nowhere.

Having hair makes you look more attractive, i agree, and it does help with initially attracting women, but notice the word initially, which is the word the poster used himself. Ya need more than great hair to get women in bed, and not having hair does not exclude you from having success from women, it is a drawback, but there are bigger turn offs, for real yo.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UM, i can easily counter anything he mentions...easily!! (you and i both know this...), why do you take example from him? cant you see he is a stubbern moron? imo, he stuck at step 2:Anger...
One thing i'd like to point out tho (before someone takes hes words seriously): Little girls attracted to looks, real women attracted to confidence.

Edit: didnt see Petchsky's post... its very similar to my post, so there you have it.. already 2 people think alike about this guy....little angry kiddo.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so what does this a**h** accomplish by making such a negative message?

does he want to just revel in his misery and negativity forever? what does sh*t like this prove? why focus on the negativity? why the f*** dont we all just start looking at the bright side of life?

god.

people like this anger me so much. we all have the same f*****g hair loss problem. WHY DONT WE MAKE THE BEST OF IT? I MEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE, ITS THE SITUATION WE'VE BEEN THRUST INTO. WE CANT f*****g CHANGE IT!

lets be positive for fucks sake

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
you got it, boss.

but am i way off my rocker here to think that even the moderators would prefer a little positivity?

cassin, how about you create a forum called the "the bright side of hair loss"

the haters could have their impact forum and the positive people could have ours.

Cassin

Reaction score
emex4 said:
you got it, boss.

but am i way off my rocker here to think that even the moderators would prefer a little positivity?

cassin, how about you create a forum called the "the bright side of hair loss"

the haters could have their impact forum and the positive people could have ours.

Hey man just so you know...people pay a lot more attention and your words are far more impactful without cussing. Believe me on this.

As for "the bright side of hair loss"

viewforum.php?f=30

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
your link directs me right back to the "impact of hairloss"

im not sure what you're trying to show me.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, i see you fixed the link.

how about a forum for people who didnt have success with rogaine and propecia.

how about a place where people can talk about all the positive things that came from hair loss?

i appreciate you directing me to the success forum but for most people: "hair loss battle= success" is not a valid equation.

Cassin

Reaction score
emex4 said:
how about a forum for people who didnt have success with rogaine and propecia.

how about a place where people can talk about all the positive things that came from hair loss.

emex...

that suggestion is both reasonable and mature but impossible. People like that tend to never come to sites like this. That type of forum would be rather empty since we rarely get such positive people.

For instance (a story I have told here once before) a close friend of mine since I was 18 (I am now 32) found out he was balding about 2 years ago. He asked his wife, me and a couple other people to confirm it and even though it had been obvious to us for awhile we all kinda pretended to just notice it. We confirmed it for him.

Next day after work he bought clippers and shaved his head down to a buzz cut and he has never given it a second thought since. Those IMO are the ultimate hair loss success type stories. No treatments. Pure acceptance and he certainly would never come to a place like this.

It is so pointless to get frustrated at the negativity. These places are magnates for people who have such horrible issues with hair loss. And if it weren't for hair loss, they would be fixating on something else negative in their life...money or relationships for example.

Even though I still mod here I have accepted my situation and when my treatments no longer do what I need them to do my clippers will go from a 2 guard to a 0 guard and it won't be the tragedy I thought it was 6 years ago. Mind you, I want hair as long as I can but it is no longer such a fixation for me as it once was.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
you're right cassin. it is pointless to preach positivity on a site like this. i just hope one day the people here realize that being bald aint that bad.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
and a forum where people can discuss the upsides of hair loss rather than the downsides would e healthier for all of us'

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah 'cause we all are potential HOLLYWOOD STARS to begin with. What a stupid post.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous post.

Arnold is famous as he's one in several million. His hair, looks, talent, body, muscles, brain etc. are all pulled together into a great package.

It's like going on a fat fighters forum and saying 'Where would Johnny Depp be if he was 40 stone!!!? Fat ness ruins lives!'.
'Where would Orlando Bloom be if he was ugly!??'

Because we'd all be in Hollywood if we had great hair? Hairloss isn't going to stop you getting a promotion at work, or a job you applied for so don't try and blame it for your sh*t interview technique and lack of qualifications.

Yes it does often affect your looks, but styled right to suit you and this can be minimalised. As for Arnold, if he was bald and just shaved his head I honestly believe he'd be just as famous. - In his instance I don't think he'd of been held back as it was his muscles which got him his break. Tom Cruise on the other hand....

Oh I've also mentioned it before, a huge survey about turnoffs to women by The Metro newspaper here in UK, only 2/10 were put off by hairloss. (Personally I thought it would be slightly higher). As I've said before, I think confidence is the main thing.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin,. you said it yourself. He buzzed it down and he asked you if you noticed him going bald. That means it couldn't be that bad. For people in that realm of hairloss, I agree with you. If you can buzz it down and have hair on top, no one will really bother you about it. I see people all the time who have lost some hair with a short or buzzed cut. When it's all gone and you buzz the sides and it still looks like crap, well then that is where the small minority of posters come in. You can't force someone to like how they look if they feel disgusting. It's not like being born revolting where you didn't know any better. In my situation, if people saw me from one year to the next, they wouldn't recognize me because I was a NW2 one year which no one could tell, next think you know, I don't have a hair on my head. Honestly, they would think I was wearing a wig when I had hair.

I recently spoke to an old friend of mine who I reacquainted with. He has no idea I"m bald. Anyway, we were talking about another guy we know. I mentioned he lived nearby and where he is working. His first worst, "you know what? He's BALD!".

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just when things were finally starting to settle down on this section ..... :whistle:

I think that original post is a bit crazy even if there's some truth in what the guy says theres not much that we can do about this m.p.b situation.

I still want a full head of hair and or at least a natural looking one with a small degree of hairloss, but the only thing I can do is try and accept it.

Unfortunatley its the rest of the world that makes it hard for me to do this.

And as for Arnold no I dont think he'd have made it being bald in the 70's and 80's, he'd have just been relagated to playing 'hoods' and being on of the bad guys that gets beaten up by the good looking hero.
Infact he'd probably never have gotten into the movie industry to start with, but the same could be said for ugly people, short people ect. Thats life.

Anyway another thread that will stir things back up and no doubt run and run ..... :innocent:

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair loss might stop you from becoming a male model/celebrity (not always), but it shouldn't stop you from being happy. If your happiness relies on huge career success then perhaps it is not hair loss that's the problem. Maybe it's the way you view the world that's the problem. You can still have a good life with good friends and a good family. That's what really matters, not whether you'll become huge in Hollywood or not.