So what future balding cures or treatments are on the horizon?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You will probably have some more things to work with in your arsenal. Forget about a total cure for the next coming 15 years being on the market though. Work with what you have now is all I can say. Time will tick, 5 years from now you will see another headline lol.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
That is the main point that most of the chronic complainers miss: There is steady progress in hair loss research. It just didn't reach the threshold level of understanding required for a cure (or it actually did - I am still very optimistic about RepliCel). The point is: Research doesn't work like:

Step 1: You work very hard.
Step 2, the result: A cure

It works like this:
Step 1: You work very hard.
Step 2, the result: Better understanding
Step 3: You work very hard.
Step 4, the result: Better understanding
Step 5: You work very hard.
Step 6, the result: Better understanding
Step 7: ...
Step 9000, final result: A cure

It is an iterative process, not a binary one with the two states "cure"/"no cure". There are many results on the way to the final result. Or why do you think we don't have space travel yet? We simply lack the required intermediate results on the way there.
Couldn't agree more with this.

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
Cotsarelis said he needs 20 million dollars for a cure... therefor, a cure already exists.
If he is serious about that, I don't think it would be impossible to collect 20 millions since the value of a cure is far more than that. He could easily sell company shares to collect the money if he can back up his claims. Otherwise he could just give Putin, Bruce Willis or prince Williams a call and ask for the money :)

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If he is serious about that, I don't think it would be impossible to collect 20 millions since the value of a cure is far more than that. He could easily sell company shares to collect the money if he can back up his claims. Otherwise he could just give Putin, Bruce Willis or prince Williams a call and ask for the money :)

he just received 27$ million from kythera so... only time will tell now if he was full of sh!t or not