So what future balding cures or treatments are on the horizon?

abcdefg

Reaction score
PGD 2 could be big but there is so much more to explore there before you can declare anything and so far what results has it shown in humans? Not much yet.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How about those doctors find a way to make the existing meds like finasteride and dutasteride be more local and none of the systemic sh!t.They are just postponing us so that guys with cancer and handicaps with wheelchairs or even bastards with micro penises will have competition at a fair level IMHO.

K

karankaran

I am going to go out on a limb and make a very pessimistic statement. Just for fun.

I think that the complexity of the problem is severely understated and we are overtly optimistic about possible leads. When something as 'seemingly' as simple as PGD2-PGE2 routine did not lead us to an oral or a topical drug, I wonder how can we feel that techniques which aim to clone or regenerate follicles are within reach. I feel that when a new discovery is stumbled upon, everyone gets overexcited and touts it as a potential cure. Years pass by and we realize that the research has run into unforeseen hurdles. Then, these potential cures fade from memory and something else replaces it and the cycle repeats itself.

But the thing with hope is that even when I am writing this, I believe that Replicel, Follica, PRP related approaches, JAK inhibitors etc will pan out and I will one day have a full head of hair.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Until then use the big 3.Be optimistic Be realistic and keep on lowering your expectation.....

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that anyone born even today will never see a cure for baldness in their lifetime.

The good news is we will continue to hear "a cure is 5 years away" for the next 1000 years.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The CURE will be one that won't cause any further male pattern baldness in your kids IMO, which won't happen until we have a super drug that changes our cellular makeup to a better one.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Castration prevents male pattern baldness so the cure already exists if that is how you define it. I Mean CB combined with dutasteride might give you castration levels of androgens and prevent male pattern baldness completely so I dont think prevention is really some magical dream that cant be achieved in the near future. Hell you could take dutasteride and RU today and probably almost prevent male pattern baldness for decades or more in most cases.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
If we talk about having a full head of hair, whatever the consequence, than yes, I do believe we already have the cure. Unless you're a NW5+ for several years, you could probably regain a lot of hair if you're willing to take anything, whatever the side effects: massive dose RU, finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, oral and topical spironolactone, CB, estrogens etc. etc.

Of course, that's just theoretical and irrelevant for almost everyone. I do believe we'll get some new, valuable treatment options within the next 10 to 15 years, but a cure? Nope, I don't buy it. It's 2015, but there's not even a legitimate cure for something as common as a cold.. Modern science understands A LOT, but the actual scientific possibilities are still - sadly - only a fraction of the things we claim to understand.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, dermatology has the lowest product failure rate in clinical trials.

The following is Cosmo's R&D PDF document describing drugs on the market and drugs that are in their pipeline. CB-03-01 is talked about on the beginning of page 74. http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com...resentations/300115/20150130_Investor_day.pdf It is in Phase II now with treatments being completed by the end of 2015.

Furthermore, I think we'll have a better idea of how CB-03-01 is doing, come March 25th when Cosmo is releasing their 2014 annual report and on July 30th when it is reaching their 2014 half year report. I think Cosmo is the driving force behind male pattern baldness.

Hellhouser stated Follica is being extremely quiet. What do they have going on?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm optimistic, I reckon there will be a cure within the next 20 years. I reckon it will be cloning hair follicles though.

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
There will be a cure. There's too much money on the table. Plus, it is good that there's more competition now with big pharma companies. Setipiprant and CB-03-01 are some of the drugs that are in the pipeline.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm optimistic, I reckon there will be a cure within the next 20 years. I reckon it will be cloning hair follicles though.
Hmm, I was thinking more of PGD2 and not cloning hair follicles.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

massa

Banned
Reaction score
More money can be made by 'treating' something than a one step cure. Think about Gillette, how they made their fortune through disposable razors they made the customer have to keep coming back for more just like Rogaine and Propecia do once you stop any benefits you had are gone so you're basically their b**ch for life so the customer (us guys) have no power. Don't think for one second scientists are curing hair loss because they want to its financial incentives. If there is a supposed cure it wont be a one step procedure and BAM you have hair, it will be expensive multiple procedure deals, and this whole 5 year bull****, I was reading a thread of a guy saying better cures will be available in five years....it was from 2002!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
More money can be made by 'treating' something than a one step cure. Think about Gillette, how they made their fortune through disposable razors they made the customer have to keep coming back for more just like Rogaine and Propecia do once you stop any benefits you had are gone so you're basically their b**ch for life so the customer (us guys) have no power. Don't think for one second scientists are curing hair loss because they want to its financial incentives. If there is a supposed cure it wont be a one step procedure and BAM you have hair, it will be expensive multiple procedure deals, and this whole 5 year bull****, I was reading a thread of a guy saying better cures will be available in five years....it was from 2002!

Let's assume Follica is sitting on the cure.

In that case, Follica has NO other methods for fighting hair loss other than a full cure. They are NOT running multiple trials at once; ONLY one. So... are they purposely trying to find a 'treatment' ? No.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
More money can be made by 'treating' something than a one step cure. Think about Gillette, how they made their fortune through disposable razors they made the customer have to keep coming back for more

Please take off your tinfoil hat. Gillette do not make men grow facial hair, biology does. If a condition requires repeated application of a drug to adjust the expression of a protein (bar genetic engineering which is decades away)---that is just another fact of biology, not a conspiracy.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Please take off your tinfoil hat. Gillette do not make men grow facial hair, biology does. If a condition requires repeated application of a drug to adjust the expression of a protein (bar genetic engineering which is decades away)---that is just another fact of biology, not a conspiracy.

So what then do you attribute to the lack of reults in this field. Lack of money due to a lack of interest? Is the problem that complex or are we just not technically advanced enough yet, or both. Please, explain how this works... or in this case doesnt work.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
So what then do you attribute to the lack of reults in this field. Lack of money due to a lack of interest? Is the problem that complex or are we just not technically advanced enough yet, or both. Please, explain how this works... or in this case doesnt work.

Objectively speaking, there have been plenty of 'reults' in the field of hair loss research. When hair loss affects people personally they can become impatient and dismissive of legitimate scientific progress that is made (on the way to a functional 'cure'). Especially since the terminology and primary literature can be daunting and often cost-prohibitive for people outside of academic institutions to understand or even access. If you are genuinely inquiring about the necessity of repeated drug applications and the mechanisms of protein synthesis from DNA in my previous post---I can direct you towards reading material.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Of all the time in the forum, i have believed AND learned
"PREVENTION IS CURE"
If someone could HARDWIRE a drug like finasteride or dutasteride in the form of oil/shampoo/capsule/hell even PRP, to KILL not inhibit the DHT at the follicles, we would have it in our hands.
But no, WE WILL GIVE YOU NEW FOLLICLES!!!!!
and im like "Next 5 years i guess" and still whats the guarantee that even that would be DHT resistant

IMO put a hold on this, and try to perfect those things that WORK for this condition

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is the main point that most of the chronic complainers miss: There is steady progress in hair loss research. It just didn't reach the threshold level of understanding required for a cure (or it actually did - I am still very optimistic about RepliCel). The point is: Research doesn't work like:

Step 1: You work very hard.
Step 2, the result: A cure

It works like this:
Step 1: You work very hard.
Step 2, the result: Better understanding
Step 3: You work very hard.
Step 4, the result: Better understanding
Step 5: You work very hard.
Step 6, the result: Better understanding
Step 7: ...
Step 9000, final result: A cure

It is an iterative process, not a binary one with the two states "cure"/"no cure". There are many results on the way to the final result. Or why do you think we don't have space travel yet? We simply lack the required intermediate results on the way there.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@benjt
Are you a dragon ball z fan??
I get your point of searching for a cure, but isn't the DHT at scalp that triggers the genetic expression of balding??
My point was IF their was a drug that was hardwired to function only at the scalp then it would be practically near to a cure.
Even somwthing that directly killed DHT would be enough.
I have been reading about equol. It binds to the DHT making it a stone basically. But their are no advancement on it.
This sucks balls of a minotaur