So what future balding cures or treatments are on the horizon?

HangingInThere

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been told to post this here instead of the general discussion.

I know the usual say is "baldness cure will be out in 5 years". But what's happening right now? I've heard of Replicel and Histogen. What are the other big projects currently going on? And when are they planning to release them approximately?

Thank you!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is the only other player in the game, but they've been EXTREMELY quiet.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I mean bimatoprost and CB are in like phase 2 trials as we speak so there is more than just that. Some of these are almost halfway done just another year or two. You need to have realistic expectations about an incremental improvement like a better AA and a full blown Norwood 7 -> Norwood 1 cure. Curing male pattern baldness flat out is not coming anytime soon IMO and its not from lack of trying. Its just money and the ability to do it just arent there yet.

Ventures

Established Member
Reaction score
There are some meds on market which are used for degradation of AR. What if used locally on scalp Of course it could possibly absorb systematically and cause damage to body. But what if we elimnate AR from dermal papila cells - we are cured.

Do cells produce AR repeatedly or it is irreversible which means once is produced, old AR would not be replaced with new.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
There are some meds on market which are used for degradation of AR. What if used locally on scalp Of course it could possibly absorb systematically and cause damage to body. But what if we elimnate AR from dermal papila cells - we are cured.

Do cells produce AR repeatedly or it is irreversible which means once is produced, old AR would not be replaced with new.

repeatedly, but declines with age

massa

Banned
Reaction score
anyone know when CB is going to be at an affordable price to the public? And how exactly is it superior to RU58841?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone know when CB is going to be at an affordable price to the public? And how exactly is it superior to RU58841?

In "strength" in suppressing the androgen receptor it isn't superior than RU-58841 and possibly even a tiny bit weaker. However RU does have side effects in some people and CB-03-01 should "theoretically" be totally side effect free. It is in clinical trials now with a 2x day application of 2x 50mg (5%).

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I only thing I expect to be released very soon is an ebook on Nofap.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about that Hygeia product.HYG-440.They said it has high receptor affinity and degrades rapidly when it enters.the blood
@Hellouser
I was going to say that

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
I only thing I expect to be released very soon is an ebook on Nofap.

NoFap? where can i buy this ?

05386305-photo-troll-face1.jpg

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not even a definite that CB will ever be released to the public.

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha.

Oh man, I guess it has been a while since a thread like this has been posted. A newbie asking for fortune telling. Anyways, there isn't sh!t on the horizon. The only, Only thing that is worthwhile chasing right now are the JAK inbibitors .

Please stop posting nonsense comment. Bim, cb, sm is on the track and following is Replicel and Histogen. I dont know what is your "ONLY" based on. Maybe they are not full cure, but bringing you back 1~2 norwood is not a dream.

resu

Reaction score
Cloning hair follicles is the most promising one in my opinion, just think how that would affect everything, we could clone not just human follicles but animal ones so no more animals would have to suffer in order to get their fur! Of course it's decades away, I honestly think we'll still be using finasteride and minoxidil for quite some time.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Please stop posting nonsense comment. Bim, cb, sm is on the track and following is Replicel and Histogen. I dont know what is your "ONLY" based on. Maybe they are not full cure, but bringing you back 1~2 norwood is not a dream.

I will believe it when I see it. Many of the treatments and cures you mention have been in development for years. Years ago many of those treatments were only "a couple of years away". I hope as much as the next guy that a treatment is near, but I wont be holding my breath.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will believe it when I see it. Many of the treatments and cures you mention have been in development for years. Years ago many of those treatments were only "a couple of years away". I hope as much as the next guy that a treatment is near, but I wont be holding my breath.

+1

It'd be nice to see biotechs and doctors stop flapping their fvcking gums about potential this or 5 years that and just put their money where their mouth is and SHOW us something actually applicable. These guys get paychecks from the general public's tax dollars... shouldn't WE dictate what needs to happen with research? I dont see any kind of governing body for this, I'd LOVE to see some kind of regulation be implemented. So many doctors tinker away at bullsh!t that amounts to nothing and get a salary that would make many of us seething with jealousy.

For instance, someone wants to go into research working on optics? Great, the hundreds of thousand/millions of dollars that go into the lab and the team better be put to good use with a specific goal you are REQUIRED to meet.. otherwise; PISS OFF.

abcdefg

Reaction score
We all know there are certainly no guarantees with anything in medicine right now, but I mean CB has made steady progress. I mean the phase 2 trial just started this year with end date at like end of year. What more of a measure for progress could there be? Is it definately coming out and going to work at a reasonable price? We have no idea but they are progressing on track for the next few years.

alcoholbob

Reaction score
Maybe something on the PGD2 horizon? I thought Ginger was a confirmed PGD2 inhibitor recently and that's why Chinese medicine has been using ginger scalp washes for thousands of years for hair loss.