So What Are The Options If You Don't Want To Go Bald But Get Bad Sides On finasteride?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just absolutely rape your donor and get the top done right, enjoy your best years.. it will last you a very long time. Then by that time there’ll be a cure..or just get SMP, prob have 3D ink before a cure.

man my balls are fricken on fire i hate finasteride

i feel suicidal, short, balding, fucked up my life, fucked up with hte only decent gil i could get no friends, want to kill myslef so bad man

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate you still going on about that f*****g girl?? That was about 5mths ago, move tf on, go to turkey get a transplant. Stop thinking about others, start thinking about improving yourself. You oniy get one life and you’re pissing it away on some hoe bag that has prob shagged 5/10 guys in the last few months.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate you still going on about that f*****g girl?? That was about 5mths ago, move tf on, go to turkey get a transplant. Stop thinking about others, start thinking about improving yourself. You oniy get one life and you’re pissing it away on some hoe bag that has prob shagged 5/10 guys in the last few months.

What else am i meant to do man? i can't get better.

Finasteride is a crazy drug

woke up today and feel absolutely exhausted seriously slept about 10 hours. Is this normal on finasteride?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As mentioned, finasteride inhibits virtually the same amount of DHT for all doses of around 0.2mg upwards. And if you were to keep reducing your dosage until you eventually find a dose that minimizes your side-effects, in all likelihood this dose will not be doing much for your hair loss.

The equation works like this: reduce your dosage = less DHT being inhibited = less side-effects = less hair gains. This is how it works, and there isn't any way around this unfortunately.

If you got bad sides from finasteride, which does occasionally happen, you're fighting an uphill battle unfortunately. No other treatments that we have available are anything like as effective as finasteride/dutasteride. Your best option is probably to give RU plus CB a try, and maybe also start taking a low dose of oral minoxidil.

The reason for this is that a very small number of people are outliers, who need a higher dose than usual in order to potently inhibit their DHT. In order to take account of these outliers, Merck decided upon a dose of 1mg for hair loss. For the vast majority of people however, there would be essentially no difference between a dose of 0.25mg and a dose of 1mg.

so if I want to start finasteride should I do 0.25mg every day instead of 1mg?

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude get on topical finasteride. You're obviously not mentally strong enough to handle it orally.

INT

Reaction score
No one knows if it will go away. I don't know if you are physically able to handle finasteride but it definitely looks like you are not able to handle it mentally

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so if I want to start finasteride should I do 0.25mg every day instead of 1mg?
It is better to go with 1mg, because there is a small possibility you could be one of the outliers who needs a higher dose than normal in order to potently inhibit your DHT. If you take 1mg instead of a lower dose like 0.25mg, you will be covered for this possibility.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is better to go with 1mg, because there is a small possibility you could be one of the outliers who needs a higher dose than normal in order to potently inhibit your DHT. If you take 1mg instead of a lower dose like 0.25mg, you will be covered for this possibility.

but wouldn't that also mean higher risk for side effects?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but wouldn't that also mean higher risk for side effects?
For the vast majority of people, there will be virtually no difference in DHT inhibition between a dose of 0.25mg and a dose of 1mg, which also means there will be virtually no difference in the risk of side-effects. Only those people who are outliers, as I mentioned, would notice a difference between these two doses.