So this is why I've been pissed off lately

Boondock

Reaction score
I've been a bit of a bummer lately on here, and it's not without reason. I realized recently that I'm on the verge of entering Norwood-4-Ville, if I'm not there already.

Check out this pic below. This is with no flash, and no wetness in the hair. If it's wet and with flash, it's a question of "WTF is the hair?"

I'm pretty bummed because this has happened way faster than I thought. I was pretty stable, certainly at the crown, for about 3 years. Then poof. All gone.

It's also confirmation that I'm heading for NW6-ville. I'm diffusing all over now. No longer can I tell myself that maybe, just maybe I'll stop at NW4 (like everyone else in my family did). No longer can I consider hair transplants to be an option for me.

So when Hoppi and others ask me to "just try another topical", this is pretty much why I'm through with it. Even if I stablized now, my hair looks pretty bad.

My hair loss goals have gone from ambitious to pathetic over the last couple of years. Previously I hoped to maintain till my late 20s. Now, I hope to just get by job interviews over the next few months, with concealers, and then make my next decision after that.

So yeah. This is it folks. I'm pretty much done with my woe is me attitude now and want to look forward a bit more, but I thought I'd explain why I was so pissed so you at least have an idea.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Boondock said:
I've been a bit of a bummer lately on here, and it's not without reason. I realized recently that I'm on the verge of entering Norwood-4-Ville, if I'm not there already.

Check out this pic below. This is with no flash, and no wetness in the hair. If it's wet and with flash, it's a question of "WTF is the hair?"

I'm pretty bummed because this has happened way faster than I thought. I was pretty stable, certainly at the crown, for about 3 years. Then poof. All gone.

It's also confirmation that I'm heading for NW6-ville. I'm diffusing all over now. No longer can I tell myself that maybe, just maybe I'll stop at NW4 (like everyone else in my family did). No longer can I consider hair transplants to be an option for me.

So when Hoppi and others ask me to "just try another topical", this is pretty much why I'm through with it. Even if I stablized now, my hair looks pretty bad.

My hair loss goals have gone from ambitious to pathetic over the last couple of years. Previously I hoped to maintain till my late 20s. Now, I hope to just get by job interviews over the next few months, with concealers, and then make my next decision after that.

So yeah. This is it folks. I'm pretty much done with my woe is me attitude now and want to look forward a bit more, but I thought I'd explain why I was so pissed so you at least have an idea.

Do you think meds have accelerated the process?

Boondock

Reaction score
Oknow said:
Boondock said:

Do you think meds have accelerated the process?

I'm not on meds anymore. I think the topicals have had very little effect overall.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How long have you been on MIN ? It is supposed to help with crown thinning.
I agree with everything else you have said,I would do the same if my crown gets that thin.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You know your hair best but to me that looks like the same issue with any given shot of Beckham where people here try and point out that he's thinning, when actually it is just the foreshortening and direction of the hairs on that (or any) spot that makes your scalp more visible. I could be wrong though.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad to me. A bad picture, and sure there seems to be some crown thinning, but it's not exactly the end of the world. You have much more hair than I do.

That's in no way a NW4. I'd say your hairline is between a NW2 and NW3.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
OMFG Boondock i always assumed you were pretty much bald the way you talk. unbelieveable. Im worse than you but im mentally fine i just wish i could maintain what i have. so far it hasn't affected me too badly.

s.a.f

Reaction score
sadscalp said:
Doesn't look too bad to me. A bad picture, and sure there seems to be some crown thinning, but it's not exactly the end of the world. You have much more hair than I do.

That's in no way a NW4. I'd say your hairline is between a NW2 and NW3.
:agree:
Sorry - Does'nt look too bad to me. :dunno:

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem all that bad to me either. There's a thick section at the middle and you still have quite a tuft at the front. If you could get your crown filled in a bit, it'd be looking pretty good.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I agree with everyone else. the way you went on i had an image of murdock in the last series of the ateam in mind.

Anyway pull your head out of your *** and keep searching.

you are really young. you still have a fairly enviable hairline. your follicles are probably not dead and gone yet.

jesus christ man

Exactly. The more I look at that picture, the more it pisses ME off. All the dooming and glooming he's been doing lately, and then he posts a picture like that.

Get a grip, or post more pictures showing your alleged loss in more detail, because that photo looks close to a NW2 hairline and maybe some thinning in the vertex (could be the lighting/angle too).

cuebald

Reaction score
That's a classic Norwood 3 Vertex.

norwoodchart.gif

I'm a NW4 and when compared to the image above - I have what could be called a "frontal tuft" but it is about as thin as your vertex (bald spot) is in that image.

If my hair was as the above, I'd be on finasteride 1mg daily to halt further loss, and I'd use Toppik for the baldspot. You could easily pass off a NW2.5 - NW3. Again, there's nothing that can be done for the hairline, but a NW2.5/NW3 is "starting to bald" rather than the "practically bald" of an advanced NW3V / NW4.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
In the same boat as you man. My hair loss is just like yours NW3v.

Today was my first day of class with my shaved head. I defiantly do not have the perfect head shape, but it doesn't look terrible. I do feel sort of relieved about worrying about trying to cover up the loss. I even find my self being more talkative to complete strangers. Maybe hair loss isn't the end of the world.

Acquire confidence, disregard hair :punk:

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
How come it's a NW4?

And from the way he talks, I was thinking that this guy's a NW5 or something.

Boondock

Reaction score
Who said it's a NW4? I said I think I'm on the verge of entering NW4-ville, which is true. I'm at NW3V, as cueball mentioned.

Sure it's not NW7, but in your early 20s NW3v is a pretty big deal and basically means you're headed to NW6 pretty soon. You make it sound like I have a thick NW1 hairline or something.

Boondock

Reaction score
Besides the point, some of you are probably right. Maybe I am overreacting. I don't know anymore.

What I do know is that my time here has outstayed its usefulness. I think this forum is very useful for information, but not so useful for emotional support. And that's as much my fault as anyone else's.

If you don't believe me, read my early posts. I came in here pretty normal, optimistic, and probably a lot more realistic about hair loss. Now I pretty much have a complex about hair and am amongst the most pessimistic users here.

This place can do that to you if you're not careful. You get sucked in, read too much, think too much, and end up losing touch with reality. You start to believe the problem is even worse than it is.

My advice to you folks is to dip in, get the info you need, and get back out again. I have stayed in the Impact forum too long and it has warped my mind as far as hair loss is concerned.

So since I have all the information I need now, I think I should probably not come back. It was useful at first but for me it has become unhealthy.

I wish the long-timers all the best for your hair and your lives overall.

Sayonara.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Boondock said:
Besides the point, some of you are probably right. Maybe I am overreacting. I don't know anymore.

What I do know is that my time here has outstayed its usefulness. I think this forum is very useful for information, but not so useful for emotional support. And that's as much my fault as anyone else's.

If you don't believe me, read my early posts. I came in here pretty normal, optimistic, and probably a lot more realistic about hair loss. Now I pretty much have a complex about hair and am amongst the most pessimistic users here.

This place can do that to you if you're not careful. You get sucked in, read too much, think too much, and end up losing touch with reality. You start to believe the problem is even worse than it is.

My advice to you folks is to dip in, get the info you need, and get back out again. I have stayed in the Impact forum too long and it has warped my mind as far as hair loss is concerned.

So since I have all the information I need now, I think I should probably not come back. It was useful at first but for me it has become unhealthy.

I wish the long-timers all the best for your hair and your lives overall.

Sayonara.

I have done what you asked and also sent you an email. I wish you well and want you to know you are always welcome back anytime.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Aw damn Boondock..sucks to see you leave :(

While i didn't see the photo, i can still empathise with you, and like you said, being a NW3+ in your early 20's is just crap..not sure what else to say but all the best in the future!

Btw those of you who felt smug enough to put him down, try to put yourselves in his position. Everyone experiences hair loss differently, and many of you don't seem to realise that. How many of you are even in your early 20's and struggling with this crap?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's sad to see you go, but i understand why you're going

well if/when a cure comes about do come back for a large HairLossTalk.com reunion :)

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
Aw damn Boondock..sucks to see you leave :(

While i didn't see the photo, i can still empathise with you, and like you said, being a NW3+ in your early 20's is just crap..not sure what else to say but all the best in the future!

Btw those of you who felt smug enough to put him down, try to put yourselves in his position. Everyone experiences hair loss differently, and many of you don't seem to realise that. How many of you are even in your early 20's and struggling with this crap?

I'm 23, been struggling with this since around 18/19, and I've got (much) less hair than him. I know how tough this sh*t is/can be. Point is, his hair loss isn't even that bad. I would not say he is a NW3+ based on that picture. And it certainly looks treatable.

I'm not putting him down, I just think that the way he has acted recently is ridiculous when he only has what appears to be relatively minor hair loss.