So this is why I've been pissed off lately

theShade

Reaction score
Boondock said:
Besides the point, some of you are probably right. Maybe I am overreacting. I don't know anymore.

What I do know is that my time here has outstayed its usefulness. I think this forum is very useful for information, but not so useful for emotional support. And that's as much my fault as anyone else's.

If you don't believe me, read my early posts. I came in here pretty normal, optimistic, and probably a lot more realistic about hair loss. Now I pretty much have a complex about hair and am amongst the most pessimistic users here.

This place can do that to you if you're not careful. You get sucked in, read too much, think too much, and end up losing touch with reality. You start to believe the problem is even worse than it is.

My advice to you folks is to dip in, get the info you need, and get back out again. I have stayed in the Impact forum too long and it has warped my mind as far as hair loss is concerned.

So since I have all the information I need now, I think I should probably not come back. It was useful at first but for me it has become unhealthy.

I wish the long-timers all the best for your hair and your lives overall.

Sayonara.

Well, if you can't handle the heat...

Actually I had the same thoughts as you regarding this forum - it's good for information but emotional support should neither be expected nor sought for, not in this forum and not in others. It's important to keep headstrong, to come to your own conclusions regarding hairloss and it's impact on your life/looks/success with women/whatever. Reason being is that as you mentioned, there are a lot of people who have 'succumed' and can pull you down unless you have really thought things over and are sure in your own analysis. You won't even realise that they're overly-cynical, you will simply start reading their posts, get depressed and start to absorb their opinions into your own.

I think if you have the strength to resist that, can go into the impact forums at will and emerge unscathed - you have already won half the battle with hairloss; the psychological effects are not doing as much harm to you.

Once you've learnt to treat the impact forums as a source of curiosity and nothing more, you can focus your energies and your time on the actual science and treatment options - it will be time better spent for sure and you could learn something valuable.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
\

I'm 23, been struggling with this since around 18/19, and I've got (much) less hair than him. I know how tough this sh*t is/can be. Point is, his hair loss isn't even that bad. I would not say he is a NW3+ based on that picture. And it certainly looks treatable.

I'm not putting him down, I just think that the way he has acted recently is ridiculous when he only has what appears to be relatively minor hair loss.
Fair enough that you think that, yet like i already said, we all experience this differently hence what may seem as 'not that bad' (when comparing your own hair) to you is actually 'really bad' to the individual. It's not nice to down play someone elses feelings.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the picture but ANY hair loss in your early 20s is a big deal, and it means you're pretty much gonna be bald, and soon. So the "it doesn't look that bad" comments are pointless since his hair will probably get worse (without finasteride). Anyway good luck with everything Boondock.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
I didn't see the picture but ANY hair loss in your early 20s is a big deal, and it means you're pretty much gonna be bald, and soon. So the "it doesn't look that bad" comments are pointless since his hair will probably get worse (without finasteride). Anyway good luck with everything Boondock.

Even recession?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think it's for the best Boondock. I'm sorry if I've corrupted your mind in anyway but to be fair, we are in totally different situations. By no means am I trying to downplay your right to be upset about your situation and it sounds like you've tried the medication route within reason. This is a fucked up reality we have been forced into but I hope your time away brings you a fresh perspective and feel free to PM me anytime.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I feel you have become quite cynical and bitter of late Boondock, but I understand, I couldn't stop thinking about hairloss in the early years, even cried myself to sleep many a night, but it's a shame to lose a clever and witty poster.

All the best!

SemperFi

Reaction score
BornIn89 said:

I started losing hair at 15. I'm 27 now and NW2, on Propecia for the last 4 years. Just for the sake of the argument...

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think H/B's avatar sums up Boondock in this thread:
file.php

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
SemperFi said:
BornIn89 said:

I started losing hair at 15. I'm 27 now and NW2, on Propecia for the last 4 years. Just for the sake of the argument...

That's some slow hair loss you've got there...

SemperFi

Reaction score
Well, maybe I'm NW2,5, I never really went into details and those scales are somewhat inaccurate. The point is that I was definitely a NW1+ with revealed temples at 15 and I can still style my hair decently at 27. My father has been a NW4 with NW3 hairline still there, but quite thin and little crown thinning for couple of decades now and he's not on meds. From old photos he was apparently losing hair in his twenties and should be bald by now (he's 50), but he's still kinda hanging in...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, where did that dude go?? :S

Obsidian

Reaction score
He thought that he would get a sympathy wank because of his hair-loss which was not that bad. He just drove himself nuts by letting himself get obsessed about it by spending too much time in this section and hanging out with the misery crew. When people didn't give him sympathy in this thread, something the misery crew will never do for you, and realized he was over-reacting, he decided to leave.

Nene

Reaction score
Boondock was a good poster but he was becoming a bit of a cry baby. Also he never stayed on meds...In any event I wish him the best, I'm sure he'll be back.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how bad or 'not bad' his hair was, it doesn't take much to give some sympathy and understanding to someone on the internet. It's something all of us could do with every now and then, that's why we all post here because everyone else is in the same position more or less.

I kinda hope he comes back, but i guess in his case it was for the best that he left (that is, if this forum was making a significant impact on him).

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
shame. i always liked the guy and despite maybe being pretty blunt and pessimistic at times it was a change from a lot of the blind optimism you see around hair loss forums a lot as well. i can empathise with him in that reading these sites is kind of a gamble between feeling reassured or between spending the rest of the week obsessing about it again. hopefully hell find a peace of mind or something and a treatment thats suited to him.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Do you think if we all shout Boondock at the same time he will come back? O.O

BOOOOOOONDOOOOOOCCKKKKK!!

^^