So the clubing scene is out of options?

seb

Reaction score
I disagree....life was better years ago.Granted life was harder,but also simplier and more rewarding,a man knew his place/role in the world.Also less temptation,and less time to think about how meaningless this life is(especially as everything born is going to die).Life is way too easy now.This is not good for the soul...life can't all be beer and skittles,we all need good old rain and depression. :)

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not for me Seb, I think the reality of times gone past were far far grimmer than nostaligists like to think.

seb

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Not for me Seb, I think the reality of times gone past were far far grimmer than nostaligists like to think.

Yeah,but at my age(34),I would have been dead in those days.

seb

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
:laugh:

Your pessimism is the one constant in my world!

I wish I was oblivious to the perils of this world,but I am a thinker,thus I am forever a tortured soul....sometimes I long too be like the rest of the herd,simple folk who chase their dreams down the end of a pint glass in some poxy nightclub every weekend,watch reality programmes,and make small talk about the same meaningless,mindless,insignificant s**t everyday of their miserable lives.God people are boring! :woot:

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha me too, every now and then I wheel myself out to these social conventions, but i immediately become aware of the reasons I go years without going to a club. Now I just make it work for me, I piss with peoples heads and make some weid sh*t kick off.

I think I understand your melancholic disposition. I put a song on the what music does everyone like thread called waiting round to die by townes van zandt as it reminds me of you. (sorry if alt-country is not your thing). The day they play songs like that at clubs is the day I go to them with genuine excitement!!

seb

Reaction score
I am just tired of the human race,and their needy dispositions.Sad isn't it at 34....regarding my tastes in music,I have a diverse interest in everything from depeche mode,talk talk,david sylvian,counting crows,dodgy,shed seven,earthling,and mansun.All the thought-provoking,negative,angst stuff!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Seb you are like me in a way, its funny how we are such an advanced species in terms of technology ect but people are not expanding their intellect. We are still the same cavemen just with more 5hit to amuse us and allow us to put less effort into life.
Nobody seems to be trying to figure out how to improve us as a species. Life has never been easier and yet we are becoming evermore shallow, greedy and self indulgent.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha I anticipated your tastes to be dark Seb!

I suppose it is sad, but do you think its your choice to feel that way? I personally believe in the existential premise that even if someone holds a gun to your head, you still have a choice to o something about it or how to feel about it.

Maybe im just unsympathetic to most internal feelings. If your blue because of something such as the crushing nature of life and that then generally its better to I think to crack on. If you want to dwell on it then obviously thats your perogative and i dont judge you for it, its just from my side I, like you, think were all doomed to eternal darkness, where we differ is that I think therefore we may as well enjoy the brief 5 minutes we have in the sun so to speak. For me it almost makes me feel invincible, if you know the ending, then you can f*** about knowing there are no real consequences (I dont see this as a license to interefere with other people though).

This is why I dont blame people for going clubbing and stuff, getting off their tits and wanting some action, I sometimes think they are the cever ones, in the face of impending nothingness, getting wasted and rolling in the muck is a pretty rational choice!.

seb

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Seb you are like me in a way, its funny how we are such an advanced species in terms of technology ect but people are not expanding their intellect. We are still the same cavemen just with more 5hit to amuse us and allow us to put less effort into life.
Nobody seems to be trying to figure out how to improve us as a species. Life has never been easier and yet we are becoming evermore shallow, greedy and self indulgent.

Yes important issues such as homelessness,discrimination,starvation need to be at the top of the agenda,not how many f**king boob jobs Jordan has had,or what "celebrity" is in rehab this week.It blows my mind,in this day and age people are still starving,homeless etc.Shows the true reflexion of mans greed...as long as we all have a phone that can do a 100 different things eh :jackit:
Anyway there is only one person I aspire too be like,and that is Gascoigne,a legend in his own ego. :)

seb

Reaction score
Yes,there is some truth(for me) in the saying "happy being unhappy".To be honest,I am holding out for the next life,this one is nearly done and dusted for me,I don't belong here,theres nothing here for me.
I need to change for me,spiritually and morally in order too attain a higher plane,this is something I am unable too change at the moment....

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, I see, I didnt realise you believed that you are going on for another life. Well in that case I can see why we differ, my firm belief is that this is all there is so im determined to enjoy myself before its kicking out time so to speak. I obviously hope however that you are right in the long run :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
Yes important issues such as homelessness,discrimination,starvation need to be at the top of the agenda,not how many f**king boob jobs Jordan has had,or what "celebrity" is in rehab this week.It blows my mind,in this day and age people are still starving,homeless etc.Shows the true reflexion of mans greed...as long as we all have a phone that can do a 100 different things eh :jackit:
Anyway there is only one person I aspire too be like,and that is Gascoigne,a legend in his own ego. :)

I was thinking more in terms of the big questions like what is/is there any real meaning to life and where are we going as a species.

Homelessness and starving are not real dillemas their causes are obvious.

seb

Reaction score
Yes,there is one true meaning to this life,its a test too determine where one goes in the next,Thats it,not how many pints one can drink,what car ones is driving,or how big ones biceps are.
Regarding the aforementioned subjects,yes the casue is obvious,MAN.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Saf That debate is ongoing throughout history, our civilisations reflect entirely the ongoing philosophical debate, its why I find it so fascinating. from Ancient Gods through to poststructuralism the way we live is a direct relation to the prevailing ideolgies and philosophies that are ongoing in academic circles. The debate is there, and we are actually living the result of it, its just dont expect to see it on the front of nuts magazine!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
Yes,there is some truth(for me) in the saying "happy being unhappy".To be honest,I am holding out for the next life,this one is nearly done and dusted for me,I don't belong here,theres nothing here for me.
I need to change for me,spiritually and morally in order too attain a higher plane,this is something I am unable too change at the moment....

Next life ??????

I'm with man in space on that one, sorry mate this life may not be fair but this is all there is.
Dont imagine for a second that you are in line for some big payback in another life.
We are nothing but flesh and blood, ageing and expiring from the moment we are born.
And when are cells are expired we are nothing rotting matter.

In 100 yrs time you will be in the same state of existance as you were 100 yrs ago. You will be gone and in no state of existance that is the scientific fact any other theory is pure fantasy.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
seb said:
Man in Space said:
:laugh:

Your pessimism is the one constant in my world!

I wish I was oblivious to the perils of this world,but I am a thinker,thus I am forever a tortured soul....sometimes I long too be like the rest of the herd,simple folk who chase their dreams down the end of a pint glass in some poxy nightclub every weekend,watch reality programmes,and make small talk about the same meaningless,mindless,insignificant s**t everyday of their miserable lives.God people are boring! :woot:

Damn, I feel the same way. Maybe we're not that different after all...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Saf That debate is ongoing throughout history, our civilisations reflect entirely the ongoing philosophical debate, its why I find it so fascinating. from Ancient Gods through to poststructuralism the way we live is a direct relation to the prevailing ideolgies and philosophies that are ongoing in academic circles. The debate is there, and we are actually living the result of it, its just dont expect to see it on the front of nuts magazine!!

Yes the debate has always been ongoing but by very few scholars like Socrates ect but now as with then 99.99% of people dont ever give it a second thought. Their lives are dedicated to just obtaining as much material possesions and experiencing self indulgent pleasures.

If you gave most people 1 wish they would'nt think about world peace or eliminating suffering and injustice they'd go for winning the lottery.

s.a.f

Reaction score
double post