So, My Results With Finasteride After 6 Months ;) (pics)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are current but please take a look at 6 months ago. No recession, full temples, more density.

I know I am still in good shape but have a constant Telogen Effluvium with 200+ each shower.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months on Finasteride and my hair has disappeared. I was a diffuse NW1 and I’m getting into diffuse 2.5 territory. I lose 1000+ hairs every day.

Last year at this time I had ZERO loss at the hairline.
Do you even know what the norwood scale is?? Damn man I get so stressed reading such posts.. you are barely norwood 1 and definitely delusional. 99% of this forum would kill to have a hairline like you, I'm 20 and my hair is way worse than yours in your forties..

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you even know what the norwood scale is?? Damn man I get so stressed reading such posts.. you are barely norwood 1 and definitely delusional. 99% of this forum would kill to have a hairline like you, I'm 20 and my hair is way worse than yours in your forties..

I didn't want to say it this harsh but yeah dude, it's true.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are diffuse in the front, vertex and crown you are considered a NW6 Pattern. I am not saying I’m a NW6 by any means Konior just said if it continues at the current rate it would result in a NW6 unlike people that recent but keep density.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 year change in density

Attachments

• 8C3F6A4E-9099-40DB-BE49-C8F30B84D0A2.jpeg
    8C3F6A4E-9099-40DB-BE49-C8F30B84D0A2.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 0CB885F7-126D-4608-9180-FF7829FA9C3F.jpeg
    0CB885F7-126D-4608-9180-FF7829FA9C3F.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,129

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize I deserve some criticism for the dramatic language but I’m just looking for options to slow this down. I’ve been losing a sink full of hair every day and the hair I have is getting thinner and thinner. Do i need to nuke more androgens? I mean I didn’t fair well on oral Finasteride and serum DHT is 24 the lowest end of normal range already. Could I be doing more harm than good with the oral minoxidil/topical Finasteride? I sort of think the minoxidil is at least forcing regrowth.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey N003, glad to see you've seen further improvement. I'm eerily similar to your situation. Basically all my hair grew thicker and I've recovered alot on my hairline. I know what you mean by cover up game. But even with wet hair, I don't think anyone would say you're balding and your vertex just looks like a cowlick now. Maybe thin a bit, but that's normal.

I know, a bit late on the follow up but I asked early in this thread if you have before and after pictures of your hairline from front(not above). It'd be great to see the results on your hairline with hair dry. If you can show your temple corners(with hair pulled back), that'd be great. I'm also a decent responder to Finasteride(finasteride only) and I'm curious how much your hairline improved.

As for me, my vertex is fine. Most of my thinning is on my hairline and temples. However I've recovered alot and actually recovered much on my temples. Where it was beginning to form a sharp turn(making my temple points triangular), now it's filling in and is vertical to my temple point on my good side. My bad side is starting to get there too, but it was in a worse state, so the baby hairs are not as much/thick/dark.

@bluecyclone. I wish I could tell you to just use Finasteride at this point, but you've already started Minoxidil and add to it, the inconsistency with sticking to a regime, may be the reason for your shed. It's heartbreaking to see your hair 2 years ago and now.
I truly believe the balance of hormones(where you keep your hair without sacrificing your manhood) is very important, but that balance is different for everyone at different points in their life and is not fully understood yet. We only have normal ranges to compare with.

For me, Finasteride has:
1. Made my hair less oily(I used to get greasy in one day, now it's 2 days).
2. less inflammation(pimples) on my hairline and close to the hairline.

Only side not fully recovered is less/watery semen. About 90 percent recovered.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @Mushu. I sincerely appreciate your earnest feedback. I really messed up my approach to treatment and have been losing ground, in my opinion, far faster than if I had never started treatment whatsoever. To me that active failure is the hardest to think through.

I avoided Propecia originally because the first dermatologist that I saw 1. Told me it wasn’t male pattern baldness or 2. Told me to avoid Propecia if I wanted to start a family in the next several years.

1. Do sides on Propecia get better or worse with time? My understanding is that impact worsens with time and you do sacrifice aspects on your masculine health?

2. Topical Finasteride. I’ve resumed and I am consistent with the use. I’m also on HCG. I’m feeling much better but still experiencing a decline from pre-Finasteride health. I’m gaining muscle mass but also new fat deposits with no change in diet or activity. Thoughts on increasing topical dose? Or mixing in oral? My hair is falling out at a minimum 250 hairs a day and the hair went from Black to Light Brown even in sides and back.

3. Stopping treatment. I’m also tempted to give up and see where I end up in 6 months. With the constant shed I can’t imagine I’m making any progress. I’ll never grow back the long but thinner hairs that control fall out. Is this another huge mistake?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @Mushu. I sincerely appreciate your earnest feedback. I really messed up my approach to treatment and have been losing ground, in my opinion, far faster than if I had never started treatment whatsoever. To me that active failure is the hardest to think through.

I avoided Propecia originally because the first dermatologist that I saw 1. Told me it wasn’t male pattern baldness or 2. Told me to avoid Propecia if I wanted to start a family in the next several years.

1. Do sides on Propecia get better or worse with time? My understanding is that impact worsens with time and you do sacrifice aspects on your masculine health?

2. Topical Finasteride. I’ve resumed and I am consistent with the use. I’m also on HCG. I’m feeling much better but still experiencing a decline from pre-Finasteride health. I’m gaining muscle mass but also new fat deposits with no change in diet or activity. Thoughts on increasing topical dose? Or mixing in oral? My hair is falling out at a minimum 250 hairs a day and the hair went from Black to Light Brown even in sides and back.

3. Stopping treatment. I’m also tempted to give up and see where I end up in 6 months. With the constant shed I can’t imagine I’m making any progress. I’ll never grow back the long but thinner hairs that control fall out. Is this another huge mistake?
Man, why are you posting this in the success area? It's not really a success story, right? Also, either stick to to a treatment or don't. Forgive me if I'm being mean but I see your posts about this everywhere.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

3. Stopping treatment. I’m also tempted to give up and see where I end up in 6 months. With the constant shed I can’t imagine I’m making any progress. I’ll never grow back the long but thinner hairs that control fall out. Is this another huge mistake?[/QUOTE]

@bluecyclone , yes give it at least a total of 1 year. Your hair is miniaturizing and thinning similar to my hairline, but you're diffuse. I do recall my sides were getting a bit diffuse too, but they have recovered. From all anecdotal results I've read, I'm really not a fan of using Minoxidil unless it's super aggressive and in a bad state, which it was not for you when your hair loss started. I think Min is the cause of your shed but it's scary that your hair does not grow back as strong and getting lighter, a sign of miniaturization. Now you're in a bind as you've already started using Min. Perhaps add dermaroll(there's plenty of success stories). Perhaps someone who has used both Finasteride and Min, then stopped using Min can chime in. I've not found much info on this situation but theoretically I would say since they are different treatments, the growth from minoxidil should revert.

To not derail this thread further, we can take it to PM's if you any further questions regarding my experience with Finasteride and regrowth. I can tell you I had minimal shedding.

@N003 I would really like to see your temple/hairline regrowth and I'm sure others would too, if you would care to share. Your vertex and overall hair thickness regrowth is nothing short of amazing.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, why are you posting this in the success area? It's not really a success story, right? Also, either stick to to a treatment or don't. Forgive me if I'm being mean but I see your posts about this everywhere.
I’ll move my questions to a different area. I know I’m all over the place and definitely not a success.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Together

I have said several times: Finasteride is not a miracle cure, it maintains my status and has strengthened my minimalized hair. Where the hair is completely gone (crown) there is also no new growth, where there is no hair = no new hair.

I am actually an opponent of daily medication. Yes, there are drugs that are necessary, but most of the time these drugs are used for a few days or weeks.

Finasteride is a medicine that you take daily. If you want to delay baldness for many years you have to take it continuously. I think it's anything but healthy to stuff your body with medication.

Every medicine will have consequences after years of abuse. There are no healthy drugs.

Look; I have the bald gene in my body, in the long run I will be 100% bald, a Norwood 5 or 6 is my future.

Fact is: You can't outsmart your genetic traits in the long run.

And a very important point for me:
Life is so short, I'm already thinking how many hours, weeks I've wasted thinking about hair loss.