So, My Results With Finasteride After 6 Months ;) (pics)

chrisjones12

Reaction score
I've had the bottle of 1mg generic finasteride siting in my drawer for 2 weeks now. And I've been scared to try it. Your thread and this thread from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/35m8u2/finasteride_versus_diffuse_pattern_alopecia/ has made me reconsider and I'm going to start tonight.

I have a "perfect" hairline but I am diffusing. My scalp is always itching and burning and I just can't take it anymore. I'm going to cut it in half to save money and I'll revisit my progress after a few months. The constant pain my scalp is in may be worth some sides.

Excellent progress and I hope I'm as lucky as you.

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm taking finasteride1mg ED for almost 3 months
I saw some improvement in density initially but now after 3 months I'm shedding like crazy and my hairline has thinned out a lot
Is it the regular finasteride shed or something else

Has anyone faced shedding after 3 months of finasteride??

Please reply

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers guys :cool:

Before starting finasteride:

Before_2014.jpg

My result after 1 year and 5 months:

IMG_0702.png

IMG_0701.png

Unbenanntnnnnn.jpg

As you can see I'm not so much here in the forum anymore;)

Side effects: 0 My libido is super, I can't complain;)

AMBspurs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I started taking finastride 1 month ago , you represent a motivational point to me ,Thanks for sharing your results
I want u to tell me more about shedding please ,Is it a good sign for regrowth ????Cuz Im losing about more than 300 hairs aday
Thank u

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always check out this thread to see what finasteride alone can do since i stopped minoxidil. I only hope i can replicate your amazing results. Taking me longer to see results than you though.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I started taking finastride 1 month ago , you represent a motivational point to me ,Thanks for sharing your results
I want u to tell me more about shedding please ,Is it a good sign for regrowth ????Cuz Im losing about more than 300 hairs aday
Thank u

Just little bit a the start of my therapy.
Just be patient. Finasteride needs at least 1 year, often even 2 years to take effect.

Take the therapy and don't look upside down every day.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you first started getting regrowth did it happen very fast or was it more gradual?

name

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks great !
when did you hair loss stop?
i am on 4 months now and i am still losing hair ............

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am on approx 9 months now

first 3 months i felt and saw progress then it took a nose dive and i felt since then my hair has got worse and before finastride what used to be really just temples bothering me, as of now my templates and my hairline has definetely thinned out. i cannot wear my hair up anymore. i used to be able to.

only now at 9 months period, the last 2 weeke i feel its stabilizing. quite a few people i talk to say it needs 1 year to kick in. i was contemplating small hair line surgery, but the hair transplant dr told me to stick to finasteride for a year then decise it finasteride works or it doesnt

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers guys :cool:

Before starting finasteride:

View attachment 90094

My result after 1 year and 5 months:

View attachment 90095
View attachment 90096

View attachment 90097

As you can see I'm not so much here in the forum anymore;)

Side effects: 0 My libido is super, I can't complain;)

I’m certainly not trying to rain on your parade and if you’ve noticed improvement congrats!

But in the before picture your hair is obviously in a different state... whether it’s a bit of product or water your hair does not seem to have as much in the after pictures. Furthermore your sides have been buzzed down low in contrast to the top which is much longer than the length in the before picture. It also seems like you may still have some thinning up front. Maybe you have yet to max your results on fina, or maybe it is just the camera angle.

Your hair does seem to be darker and healthier. But that could also be a result of the length and lighting...

name

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am on approx 9 months now

first 3 months i felt and saw progress then it took a nose dive and i felt since then my hair has got worse and before finastride what used to be really just temples bothering me, as of now my templates and my hairline has definetely thinned out. i cannot wear my hair up anymore. i used to be able to.

only now at 9 months period, the last 2 weeke i feel its stabilizing. quite a few people i talk to say it needs 1 year to kick in. i was contemplating small hair line surgery, but the hair transplant dr told me to stick to finasteride for a year then decise it finasteride works or it doesnt

did your hair loss stop ?
i have been on finasteride for about 4 months and i am still losing hair
will it ever stop ?

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are lucky! I love your results.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Jose Lorenzo is the crown king!

j9y

Reaction score
Hi n003,.. I'm another one monitoring your progress, just wanted to say, well done to start with. No doubt its given you endless confidence.

I'm a similar age to you (35) and been on minoxidil and nizoral for a good 4 years. Over those 4 years my crown has got worse and worse. Frontal isn't much of a issue though. So I'm thinking to completely ditching minoxidil altogether.

In those 4 years I've bought finasteride twice but never used it due to the scare mongering. 2 days ago I bought a 6 month batch from Dr fox and you've given me the confidence to actually go ahead with taking them.

I'm gonna start tomorrow and will make a thread with my progress. I doubt I will get any results because, frankly, I'm bad luck on legs lol. We will see.

Have you seen any shrinkage of the penis ?

Any further tips would be helpful.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi n003,.. I'm another one monitoring your progress, just wanted to say, well done to start with. No doubt its given you endless confidence.

I'm a similar age to you (35) and been on minoxidil and nizoral for a good 4 years. Over those 4 years my crown has got worse and worse. Frontal isn't much of a issue though. So I'm thinking to completely ditching minoxidil altogether.

In those 4 years I've bought finasteride twice but never used it due to the scare mongering. 2 days ago I bought a 6 month batch from Dr fox and you've given me the confidence to actually go ahead with taking them.

I'm gonna start tomorrow and will make a thread with my progress. I doubt I will get any results because, frankly, I'm bad luck on legs lol. We will see.

Have you seen any shrinkage of the penis ?

Any further tips would be helpful.

Shrinkage of the penis? Nope, nothing.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My crown result ( wet hair ) after 18 months on finasteride:

IMG_2476.png

Side effects till now: i'd say nearly 0