Skin Needling

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in and say I use a 0.5mm roller every day after my shower and before my evening application of (minoxidil/RU/CB). I figure even if it doesn't do anything by itself it must increase absorption of my topicals.

highroller19

Reaction score
Seems like 0,5-1mm needles are mostly recommended on forums like these. However, since the thickness of the skin seems to be different at the scalp (thinner in the temples, thicker on the crown). Skin thickness also differs among individuals. Clearskincare (Novaderm) makes a 0,765 needle roller, while nanogen makes a 0,5mm and a 0,3 mm, the latter one made especially for temple areas. It is confusing!!!! It also seems dangerous to use to long needles, since the topicals can enter your bloodstream. But too short needles will not give much effect... I personally can´t decide between a 0,75mm and a 0,5mm, but I am leaning towards purchasing a 0,5mm.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I may go with something similar, or even 0.3mm just to be on the safe side :/
how important is the price you pay do you think? There's a few on ebay going for around £10-15

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
bben said:
I've also been doing it for about 3 months, probably about twice a week too. I don't think there's been any regrowth but I think it's strengthened the hairs slightly and helped shedding a little.

thx for updates think just like anything its always worth a shot !

Its always hard to put a time frame on any soloution some say you could be using the big 3 for a year or 5 years but personaly if you have not seen a noticable improvement in 3-6 months I dont think anythings gonna happen but can never tell !

highroller19

Reaction score
Regarding quality, it seems like titanium needles are preffered, since they seem to last longer, and there are som slight differences in the needle shape, otherwise they all look pretty much the same.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
i've seen dermarollers with titanium needles on ebay for uber cheap - should they be trusted??

highroller19

Reaction score
It´s hard to tell, have a look at the seriosity of the ebay seller record. From that some useful hints of trust-level can be extracted.

I thought about buying a cheaper one, but decided to play it safe and bought a little more expensive scalp roller (40 £). Often you "get what you pay for", but you never know!!!

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
the ones i seen were the zgts titanium ones for £15. they seem pretty reputable!

highroller19

Reaction score
I also looked into buying ZGTS, before I bought the Nanogen. The ZGTS seems like a great device with nice quality.

highroller19

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and used it for the first time yesterday evening. I used it gently over my temples, and it was no pain or blood, only stings. Applied minoxidil right after, and no visible side effects, so going to use it in the evenings!! However I guess it is a different story if you push a bit harder...
(I use a 0,5 mm device)

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
cool! i should get mine tomorrow or the day after, was worried about applying it to temples as the skin is very delicate around there! thanks!

highroller19

Reaction score
Just finished my second session with the skin needle device + minoxidil. And one interesting thing is that less minoxidil "lay on the scalp" after a couple of minutes after application. Seems like the absorbtion is increased!!!

Anyone else that also seen this difference?

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been stuggling for a few years with an illness that has caused me to breakout and left me with some new scars that I am very uncomfortable with. Do you guys generally feel this treatment is safe? I'd really like to try it for both my scars and hairloss. Anyone try it for acne scars? Also which brand is everyone using? I'm looking mostly at this website right now: http://webshop.owndoc.com/index.php?mai ... ex&cPath=1 They claim their rollers come from the same factory as Scientia and are comletely identical. What do you guys think?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Guy, I'd recommed using it in conjunction with copper peptides. On the skin biology forum a couple of years ago there was a section where women used both for stretch marks, and some of them got some great results....the thread and photos should still be there somewhere....

Some used emu oil after applying the copper peptides too, although the CP's are different to the ones you use on your scalp

Only problem is that if you are not based in the US the shipping cots are quite high, but definitely worth looking in to mate.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the scarring was not from using a needle too thick? I read using a needle thicker than .25mm was too thick. Don't know about going too long. Then again, I don't know much about these things in general. Thanks for your post. Any other experiences?

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, .25mm doesn't sound right since the needle I'm looking at is .5mm long. That would look weird. A needle too thick though would scar. I don't know what the limit is.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bump.
Any new updates, got mine in the mail ^^.
Petsky?
Yea i too belive the healing part is a good helper, have seen allot of people get great recovery of other hair when getting a hair transplant without making changes to theyr regiment. going to add this as a thing too do 2-3 times a week for a year and see if i get good results ^^

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Got it 2day, used it, holy shitt yea i get wy u guys got teared up while using this :D
1 hour later, can really feel the blood flowing to the scalp.. soked up topicals faster 2. Gonna try this for a while even if its uncomfortable to use.
Does it get better after a while ?