Sick Of Seeing Idiots Claiming Nw2s Don't Have A Right To Complain

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, changing your mind shouldn't be allowed.

If you have a viewpoint about something, it should remain the same until you die.

I know people get confused by this, because the norm is that the vast majority of people never change their mind about anything until they die.

What you're doing is digging up a half year old thread to make someone who "lectured" us look silly, which I don't think is necessary.

What I'm saying is that if this is acceptable to you then anyone could dig up your old posts and compare them to now which (and this is important) -

I also don't think is necessary.

And judging from how you react to even the suggestion (as quoted- hostile, sardonic, repetitive) you surely agree.

That was the point.

blackg

Reaction score
This is no power game, this wan't about digging up dirt on her.
Her arguments at the time made a big impression on a lot of members here, judging by the likes she got.

Even I wanted to believe her, we all did "if only we could develop this raw sexual energy, like Weinstein!"

And you can see that I was my usual self at the time, saying that there was no way that this man could ever be seen as "hot".

And then a few months later, boom, the scandal, he actually forced women to have sex with him..

Prescient as always, WPB. You’re one of my favourite posters on this site.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Her arguments at the time made a big impression on a lot of members here, judging by the likes she got.

Even I wanted to believe her, we all did "if only we could develop this raw sexual energy, like Weinstein!"

Yes, I've never seen an ugly man who is able to get lots of women.

(Seen a lot of pretty much average guys kill it with hot women if that's any consolation)

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is no power game, this wan't about digging up dirt on her.

And you can see that I was my usual self at the time, saying that there was no way that this man could ever be seen as "hot".

And then a few months later, boom, the scandal, he actually forced women to have sex with him.

And look, it already sparked an interesting conversation. I don't understand this "necessary" argument. It was just funny and interesting, just like it's funny to look at my post about weightlifting from 2015.

I think there's a better way of bringing up the discussion than about how funny it is she lectured us and lol look how it turned out.

There's no chance you weren't being condescending, even if in part you did actually want to talk about Weinstein.

I mean as you at least admitted, you've done it before, it's been done again, and until next time I suppose.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women don't view hairlines and balding in the same way we do. They're f*****g clueless. If they saw a Norwood 2 they wouldn't stop and think "oh he's balding". They'd likely believe that it's just a natural hairline or that the individual has a bigger forehead than those with a Norwood 1. Women are clueless when it comes to hair loss, I guarantee they wouldn't even classify a Norwood 3 as balding.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women don't view hairlines and balding in the same way we do. They're f*****g clueless. If they saw a Norwood 2 they wouldn't stop and think "oh he's balding". They'd likely believe that it's just a natural hairline or that the individual has a bigger forehead than those with a Norwood 1. Women are clueless when it comes to hair loss, I guarantee they wouldn't even classify a Norwood 3 as balding.

I've often thought that (and wrote about it on here) how some appear completely oblivious to baldness up to a certain point.

I never knew how I'd put a number on it though, somewhat bald is not a topic that constantly comes up enough to get a good consensus. I can tell you on the flip side of this that some girls can spot an NW1.5 as if it's as gross as NW4.

It happened once when a few friends saw Facebook photos of a guy we didn't really like from a few years ago (may have influenced the negativity but still) and I didn't even notice his hair but one was instantly like "lol comb over!!!" And f***, she was right. It was subtle but there was a sweep back along the sideburns area going up his head, and then a flick down of hair over the temple corners. I didn't even notice before her.

Made me feel f*****g terrible about how she views my damn hair though.

It's case by case, if I was to guess I'd say you're right, up to a certain point women do not notice hair loss, depending on other factors like masculine face, forehead size, even head shape/size. For example I don't think many women would have noticed Jude Law's hair loss until even past BW3, but not just the top tier good looking but some people's head shapes let them away with it.

Here's a somewhat related interesting case, Mark Lamarr:

Mark-Lamarr.jpg

I've always meant to discuss this guy on here. Damn good density no doubt, but temples are really confusing to guess how bad it is, he's minimum NW2 but arguably as bad as 3.5, his forward side burns give a strange illusion.

But the hair line itself above his forehead is pretty sh*t. I still don't think with his head shape and damn ballsy sweep back that most women/full heads would even think of baldness, even though that forehead is pretty damn big.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many men are clueless too.

Yes exactly and only realised/remembered this at the end of my post.

Basically women (who rarely have hair issues) don't notice, and full heads don't notice, correlation here of course is that people don't truly engage with problems that do not belong to them.

I've always thought the way people choose charities is strange, it's always one associated with a friend or family member, rarely ever something other than that, just out of goodness.

It's a little strange too because if their family member is cured of the disease, and it's no longer an issue, if they're only picking it because they're family went through it, shouldn't logically they be picking another type of charity in case their family member gets struck down by that next time?

No, because they pick the illness they had to experience watching someone suffer with, that was the worst, because it was a damn nuisance to their daily life at the time and they need that to be known.

/Cynical

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've often thought that (and wrote about it on here) how some appear completely oblivious to baldness up to a certain point.

I never knew how I'd put a number on it though, somewhat bald is not a topic that constantly comes up enough to get a good consensus. I can tell you on the flip side of this that some girls can spot an NW1.5 as if it's as gross as NW4.

It happened once when a few friends saw Facebook photos of a guy we didn't really like from a few years ago (may have influenced the negativity but still) and I didn't even notice his hair but one was instantly like "lol comb over!!!" And f***, she was right. It was subtle but there was a sweep back along the sideburns area going up his head, and then a flick down of hair over the temple corners. I didn't even notice before her.

Made me feel f*****g terrible about how she views my damn hair though.

It's case by case, if I was to guess I'd say you're right, up to a certain point women do not notice hair loss, depending on other factors like masculine face, forehead size, even head shape/size. For example I don't think many women would have noticed Jude Law's hair loss until even past BW3, but not just the top tier good looking but some people's head shapes let them away with it.

Here's a somewhat related interesting case, Mark Lamarr:

View attachment 72465

I've always meant to discuss this guy on here. Damn good density no doubt, but temples are really confusing to guess how bad it is, he's minimum NW2 but arguably as bad as 3.5, his forward side burns give a strange illusion.

But the hair line itself above his forehead is pretty sh*t. I still don't think with his head shape and damn ballsy sweep back that most women/full heads would even think of baldness, even though that forehead is pretty damn big.
Justin Theroux has nearly the same hairline

copilot-style-wear-it-now-201310-justin-theroux-gq-magazine-october-2013-fall-style-01.jpg

I'd put it at a Norwood 2.5.

One interesting thing is that the hairline is diagonal rather than the typical male pattern baldness shape.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Justin Theroux has nearly the same hairline

View attachment 72466

I'd put it at a Norwood 2.5.

One interesting thing is that the hairline is diagonal rather than the typical male pattern baldness shape.

Is this guy on meds? His hairline has been very high since the mid 90's at which point he was 24/25. It doesn't look to have moved much either which is surprising considering it's been 20 years. He's had that high, mature hairline since his late teens as well.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Many men are clueless too.

Before I got my male pattern baldness diagnosis, I just didn't focus on other men's hair at all.

This is the default for the vast majority of people, it's just not part of their daily, weekly or even yearly thoughts.

I went from never thinking about hair loss to thinking about it almost all the time.

I remember my first search on a French forum, thinking "but that can't happen at such an early age, I'm 19 for god's sake! And surely there must be a way to stop it!"

I didn't know early male pattern baldness was even a thing, like most people, I thought it was something that happened to some old men in their late 50's.

Same ... I used to see bald guys and just literally think nothing of it. I guess this is good because it shows I didn't see them in a bad light ( at least I don't think).

Once you start balding yourself you notice even minor hairloss. It's weird looking at "fullhead" guys from far away and being like oh damn he's thinning a little bit.

What's also weird is seeing people who you knew before you were "woke" on hairloss. Some of these people have huge bald spots that I just never noticed before.

Despite almost every male in my family losing hair early I never thought it would happen to me. I Remeber one time I had a thought "yea I might go bald at like 30, I'll just wear a hat"

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes exactly and only realised/remembered this at the end of my post.

Basically women (who rarely have hair issues) don't notice, and full heads don't notice, correlation here of course is that people don't truly engage with problems that do not belong to them.

I've always thought the way people choose charities is strange, it's always one associated with a friend or family member, rarely ever something other than that, just out of goodness.

It's a little strange too because if their family member is cured of the disease, and it's no longer an issue, if they're only picking it because they're family went through it, shouldn't logically they be picking another type of charity in case their family member gets struck down by that next time?

No, because they pick the illness they had to experience watching someone suffer with, that was the worst, because it was a damn nuisance to their daily life at the time and they need that to be known.

/Cynical

There are a million charities to choose from, and there is a huge barrier to figuring out which is the right charity. If you just go by the "cause" you might donate to something that is a pure bureaucracy, like Movember or Susan Komen apparently are. No thank you.

I donate money to Planned Parenthood via Amazon smile, that's a micro donation really.

I also donate time (~5-10 hours a month) and now a tiny bit of money to a local animal shelter. I'm not claiming that it's the greatest cause on Earth (lol) but I've spent enough time there to be absolutely certain that it's worthwhile.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same ... I used to see bald guys and just literally think nothing of it. I guess this is good because it shows I didn't see them in a bad light ( at least I don't think).

Judgment based on looks is mostly a subtle and unconscious process.

The NW2s are just slightly less attractive than the NW1, they get slightly less good treatment, and so on all the way down.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Judgment based on looks is mostly a subtle and unconscious process.

The NW2s are just slightly less attractive than the NW1, they get slightly less good treatment, and so on all the way down.

I dont believe I treat people different based on how they look. Sure I'm not immune to the halo affect but I feel as if I'm just as likely to be polite to an obese woman as a skinny woman. I don't mean to sound perfect, because when it comes to dating I actually am pretty picky. But as far as friendships and everyday interactions I try to be nice to everyone .

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont believe I treat people different based on how they look. Sure I'm not immune to the halo affect but I feel as if I'm just as likely to be polite to an obese woman as a skinny woman. I don't mean to sound perfect, because when it comes to dating I actually am pretty picky. But as far as friendships and everyday interactions I try to be nice to everyone .

I think that you almost certainly treat people differently based on how they look. You're a human being and so you're not immune to the halo effect. Being "polite" to everyone is great but there is a lot more to human interactions.

Also, the fact that you're oblivious to this, that you're in denial about this, means that you're more likely to one at fault. To use an analogy, ideology is strongest when it's invisible.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I think that you almost certainly treat people differently based on how they look. You're a human being and so you're not immune to the halo effect. Being "polite" to everyone is great but there is a lot more to human interactions.

Also, the fact that you're oblivious to this, that you're in denial about this, means that you're more likely to one at fault. To use an analogy, ideology is strongest when it's invisible.

Yea I guess I was just thinking more on a basic level of " yea I try to be nice to everyone I run into" although for sure there are other factors I'm not aware of.

My conscious self tries to not be judgemental but it's literally in our DNA to be shallow and stereotype.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
to use an analogy, ideology is strongest when it's invisible.

Exactly.
The other day, on "dinner date", a 25 years old girl meets a 25 years old boy.
Her first comment? "As I saw him, he looked older..."
There was nothing old with the poor guy. Except he was NW2.5 and his temples were lost.

Maybe, if the girl had known the issue was with hairloss, she would have said nothing about him looking "older". Of course she wouldn't have chosen him anyways, but at least not the "insult"...

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you're doing is digging up a half year old thread to make someone who "lectured" us look silly, which I don't think is necessary.

I don't think @WhitePolarBear found a glitch in Hairblues's concept.
I think you can be liked by women and a rapist.

I will be very bitter here and suggest:
Is it possible potato head was successful with some women because some women like the "rapist type"?