Show Me A Guy Who Is Vegan Since Youth With Hair Loss!

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm vegan ... and I'm still losing my hair. It's because of our genes and testosterone/DHT ...

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
Seventh Day Adventists are a large population studied many times for their health because of strict plant based diet. The men are not immune to male pattern baldness.

Seventh Day Adventists are a bit of a mixed bag - more vegetarian than vegan.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
Since 10 years. And my hair loss is more agressive since 2 years.

You don't meet the criteria then, because you were already an adult (around 22 years) by the time you turned vegan. Same as Moby :rolleyes:

It's actually quite an interesting topic raised by the OP. I haven't seen any hard scientific data for hair loss in people raised as vegans or vegan since childhood

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't meet the criteria then, because you were already an adult (around 22 years) by the time you turned vegan. Same as Moby :rolleyes:

It's actually quite an interesting topic raised by the OP. I haven't seen any hard scientific data for hair loss in people raised as vegans or vegan since childhood

So what is the point of this thread. Most people reading it are adults.

Tosh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, once someone finds a vegan from birth who has hair loss, he'll continue to increase the criteria till the odds of finding such a person are one in a trillion. This is the epitome of pseudo science.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP is retard

intoleranz1

Reaction score
Op is not retard you stupid biased b**ch.

It's not really about vegan.It's more about what you are not eating / drinking. Meat is not bad in general. A vegan can still eat sh*t or live a lifestyle like moby.
Healthy lifestyle in general is what it's about. No alc. no cigarettes. Working out and I don't mean lifting weights everyday!

But I know... nutrition etc has nothing to do with hair loss^^

Alright then. Live your unhealthy life and stick to your it's just genetics sh*t.

Healthy body is a must. Where do hormone imbalances etc come from? From nothing I guess?

Aight, I'm out.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If diet halted hair loss or regrew it the baldite populace would know by now. Diet has absolutely no factor in male pattern baldness or FPH. Not one study;not one credible piece of a controlled anecdotal self-experiment. Food science and nutrition in general constantly contradict one another's studies. Meat isn't bad for you, neither is dairy, carbs, fat, etc. Well-balanced diet is the way to go.

G E N E T I C S
E
N
E
T
I
C
S

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will say this, vegens tend to have higher SHBG levels. Also, since they need to find an alternative source of protein, soy is often in their diet. the phytoestrogens in soy could in theory impact hair since they take space on receptors but are much weaker than human estrogen however, they can also can get converted into S-equol, which binds to DHT. The issue though is that not everyone makes the right kind of gut bacteria for it's production or have different levels of the right bacteria depending on individual.

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, once someone finds a vegan from birth who has hair loss, he'll continue to increase the criteria till the odds of finding such a person are one in a trillion. This is the epitome of pseudo science.

You're talking tosh, Tosh ;)

INT

Reaction score
This might be the dumbest OP I have ever seen. I can imagine if a researcher would read it, he would probably kill himself.

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I visited a village in Vietnam last December, I noticed that the males had very good hairline for their age. From what I remember when I attended an event where the family invited the whole village to celebrate adulthood of the child, I saw none bald men. Those who looked age 40 and above basically had a head full of hair at probably NW2. I concluded that it got to do with their diet of drinking tea as we all know that green tea has some chemicals that help in anti hair loss. But in general, Vietnamese has a culture of drinking tea, similar to the chinese. Just to note that theirs are not the green tea drank by the Japanese but those brown colored leaves similar to Chinese tea. So probably diet does play a part. More recently I was wondering if the trend of more younger people starting balding early got to do with our diet such as chicken where we know that they are injected with growth hormones to help them grow. I may be wrong though.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I visited a village in Vietnam last December, I noticed that the males had very good hairline for their age. From what I remember when I attended an event where the family invited the whole village to celebrate adulthood of the child, I saw none bald men. Those who looked age 40 and above basically had a head full of hair at probably NW2. I concluded that it got to do with their diet of drinking tea as we all know that green tea has some chemicals that help in anti hair loss. But in general, Vietnamese has a culture of drinking tea, similar to the chinese. Just to note that theirs are not the green tea drank by the Japanese but those brown colored leaves similar to Chinese tea. So probably diet does play a part. More recently I was wondering if the trend of more younger people starting balding early got to do with our diet such as chicken where we know that they are injected with growth hormones to help them grow. I may be wrong though.

You get bald chinese people

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am partial to the vegan diet
I am a vegetarian
I know many vegans
Many from when they were 12-13

My observation:
A vegan diet won't save you from hair loss. You wish.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could have to do with less stress and or toxins.

Attachments

• Dr_Greger_at_Pure.jpg
    Dr_Greger_at_Pure.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 370

GreekGod_of_Aesthetics

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Michael Greger, the vegan doctor, is only 46 years old, but looks 10 years older. He's almost bald.
Vegan diet likely to cause premature aging, they're probably terrible for one's health