Show Me A Guy Who Is Vegan Since Youth With Hair Loss!

intoleranz1

Reaction score
Serious. A guy who started under 20 with a healthy vegan diet (not one of these chocolate , vegan pancakes , coffee, sugar vegans) and is losing his hair.

I couldn't find one.
I'm not vegan btw, but I just realized that all "healthy" eating vegans who started young got top notch hair.

Prove me that I'm wrong.

Last edited:

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ Moby didn't become vegan until he was around 22 years old.

I do follow a plant based diet these days. In my opinion, it is good for the condition of your hair, but it is no cure for male pattern baldness.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
^^ Moby didn't become vegan until he was around 22 years old.

I do follow a plant based diet these days. In my opinion, it is good for the condition of your hair, but it is no cure for male pattern baldness.

Spot on. Seventh Day Adventists are a large population studied many times for their health because of strict plant based diet. The men are not immune to male pattern baldness.

intoleranz1

Reaction score
Sorry, but this is bullshit. Just saying.
Even I know some people that stopped hair loss with all kinds of diets, including me.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Then why do athletes go bald? As part of staying fit, their diets have to healthier than most.

The same reasons everyone else goes bald.

Athletes, especially pro athletes, don't necessarily have what one would describe as a healthy lifestyle. Think strenuous exercise that sometimes goes over the body's natural repair, frequent (ab)use of pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs, sometimes having weird *** diets and not to mention misc drug-related performance enhancers (androgens / growth hormones, EPO, etc.).

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many benefits of a vegan diet. However, many meat/dairy replacement products are often highly processed, and vegan recipes often contain high GI ingredients which in turn raises the blood sugar level which could influence oxygen supply to hair follicles. As mentioned above, 'healthy' is rather subjective, and is often misused in advertising. I'd say focus on a high-protein plant based diet rich in omega 3 and non-processed and raw foods, rather than 'vegan' alone.

intoleranz1

Reaction score
True, guys.

And everybody is different. I know people that stopped their hair loss / seb. Eczema with avoiding milk cause something is in it that they don't tolerate. Others by avoiding gluten. In my case it's histamine and thiols. Others need to avoid salycilates or oxalates etc.

It's not easy, but really really really underestimated.

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
vegetarian since 11
didnt do the trick, still going bald.
you can argue about the inflammation which dairy causes
of couse diet plays a huge role in our health
but i personally dont believe that you could have prevented getting bald just by eating vegan
nonetheless, going vegan is the way to go

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think dairy and cheese causes hair loss. Interestingly, their are pro dht websites, body building, mostly. They say carbs raise dht levels. Also, reading saturated fats.

Most vegetarians have the least healthy diet, from my understanding of a healthy diet. Cheese, milk, sugars especially fructose without the fiber, fats, wheat, rice, most oils except fish/olive/coconut /nuts, kill you! In short, the sum total, is lean and green. Eat like a gorilla, a stone age man. If all animal life came from the sea, then at least eat fish... And this does not mention that due to oxydative freeradicals, every time you eat you damage your dna, so calorie restriction is key to living to age 150.

Also food processing has never been defined. But, usually I see real meat being filled with corn and animal fat. Things are packaged to short change custom, like sytrofoam and paper to weight down packaging scale. It makes sense, if you pay money per pound to package or process, they have to cheaping it out. On the other hand, I have read up on the preservatives that scare other people, and they are harmless. I am all for canning, jarring, and preserving food, as it is just less wasteful and great for famine times. Salt adding, you ask. Well.. Also, if you are in hot climates, drink 2 gallons of water like I do in summer, it washes out the salt, so you need more salt. Rather than worrying about how much salt, start worrying about getting at least a gallon or 1.5 of water per day. I never had any issue drinking 1 gallon of water at one sitting, even when not thirsty.

At 2 gallons, it causes diahera, and I cant fathom people drinking 5 gallons at a time and killing themselves.

64 ounces of water is not hardly enough. They just say that as few people are willing to go higher. Especially, when they may drink only 16.

All said, what about periodic fasting, on hair?

I wonder how long vegans or vegetarian can go without their sugars or carbs? Or vegetarians without their cheese, dairy, sugars, or unhealthy carbs? On one hand, vegans are smarter for no dairy. But at least many vegetarians do eat fish. Flax bio availability of EPA is tiny, compared to fish. Probably both eat too many unhealthy carbs and sugars. .

I can calorie restrict best with lean meat, period. 200 calories of lean meat, and I am good for 12 hours if not around food. 200 calories of wheat, I am hungry 45 minutes later. 200 calories of fiber lasts 2 hours. 200 calories of fish, for some reason-perhaps genetic gap larger between man and fish- not as good as land meat. 200 calories sugar, nearly zero minutes to hunger, 200 calories oatmeal is a tad better than just fiber, dairy, not that good, 200 calories of almonds seem to do very well. For me a vegan diet would mean a higher calorie diet. I gain weight eating lettuce, because I must eat 2 heads with low calorie dressing before my hunger slows down.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the scientific consensus and it can't be proven wrong by even one piece of anecdotal evidence.

No one has ever managed to stop hair loss or to regrow their hair through dietary changes or living a healthier lifestyle.

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
vegan and vegetarian is idd not the same
just to be sure that we re all talking about the same thing here
vegetarians eat dairy but never eat animals; that means no meat, no fish, no insects, no poultry, ...
vegans are fully plant-based; no milk, no eggs, no honey, no butter, ...
pescatarians dont eat meat but do eat fish and should never be called vegetarians in my opinion
they just dont eat meat but usually dont do it out of the principle of caring about animals

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol
I don't know about hair loss, but he is wright about food! Dairy are bad
A friend told me about Dr Morse like last week (lol)

So, very eloquently put! Dairy, they are out to steal your hair. And hair, are good.

Now, how does a man tell his wife that pizza and cheese is no longer welcome in the house, and stay married? Also, "woman, no more bread, fruit juices or noodles!!"

If I go that far, how can I make the most of a dumpster diet for maximum hair growth?