Should I stop big 3 ? Pic of minoxidil dark circles inside

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Issue for me is even going off all treatments for 6+ monthsI still look like a zombie with dark circles, I think its just my deep eye sockets and large eyes and fact am indian .... the minoxidil does make them slightly worser and more dark circles, but am glad I tested it and was able to improve it by sleeping on my back, I think exercise will improve/fix the dark circles more but that has yet to be tested by myself.

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasterid makes the the same side effects
big eye Problems
Minoxidil actually can do this because of how it works and studies prove it. There's 0 merit for finasteride doing it. Even the argument that sebum production lowers it would only happen in those who's facial skin lacks 5-ar-1 enzyme. Lowering of testosterone can thin the skin though so that could be another problem some people have. Other than that minoxidil did this to me after I quit it went away, i'm still on finasteride.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyhow had a hair cut and can now see the difference going back on the big 3 and minoxidil/finasteride has made and it has made the difference even after 3 months of using it its all come back.

I think there is no question even when you feel hair loss treatments may not be doing much if anything at all, coming off it for 6 months and then seeing the results you will quickly find out ! The appearance and shape and hair that is left looks a lot thicker and better in appearance and shape and texture.

Literally makes the difference, I will simply stick to reducing my usage as in to not over apply etc.

So a small word of warning to anyone considering dropping treatments...

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
It took 10 months for my hair to recover after quitting minoxidil. The telogen effluvium was horrible. I thought it was the minoxidil that was keeping that hair but turns out it grew back after 10 months. My dark circles are gone and skin looks so much better. I won't touch minoxidil ever again. :D

30OldAge

Reaction score
I have followed this topic with great attention and did my own research.

Also posted on reddit. As it is improving on my end I wanted to share information here.
Please find the original post on reddit below:

"Now to the topic at hand – I’ve read several forum threads here and there, from using Google, that using Regaine made their faces age significantly from point of use.I’ve been rigorously on regaine for 1 month now and my face’s skin has deteriorated as well – with black circles around the eyes, the whole shabam. One could say I’m only noticing this because getting self-conscious about growing older – since starting hair restoration treatment – however, I don’t think that’s the case: Since I’m 18, I go to the gym Monday to Friday when it opens. I have taken great care of my body, and my skin with proper Sauna every week & Nivea cream every morning/night. This deterioration comes too coincidentally with regaine to be a work of my imagination.
So to sum it up, here is what I would love to know:

• Anyone here has noticed their skin/face age after using regaine? o If yes, did you continue the treatment and does that effect mitigates/disappear after a while? o If no, did you notice improvements after stopping?
Basically, I want to know if I should disregard this and keep treating my hairs with regaine – hoping it’ll get “back to normal†in term of face skin, after a year or so.
Or I want to know if I should cut the damages to my skin by attempting to save my hair, and let go (I am Terrified of this, I would basically look like **** with a shaved hair as my head shape isn’t round or pleasant to look at).
Thanks for reading."

After reading many thread, including this one, I took drastic steps to attempt to improve the situation. It has only been 2 days but my skin has improved significantly and I wanted to share in case it can help (the fast recovery could be because I only been on regaine for 1 month).

"in the last 2 days I took the steps below:

• Sleep on back!! (the hardest, requiring willpower :( )
  • Seperate towel/clothes or anything that could have been in contact with regaine - with clean tower clothes or sheets that are safe to use.
  • Never touch my face during the day.
And believe it or not but in 2 days my skin / area around the eyes are already significantly improved (even the cheek skins).
Maybe it's because I was only on the stuff for 1 month and am exercising often.
Will post an update in 2-3 weeks to see if that trend follows through."

I hope that it may help at least someone.

With respect and warm regards.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to diminish the severity of any adverse side effect of any medication/treatment for male pattern baldness. However, from what I have read; these Rogaine side effects seem to be largely (and controversially ) related to skin quality. So essentially cosmetic issues. In my opinion, the extent to which Rogaine would have to affect my skin for me to decide that I would rather lose hair quicker would have to be somewhat severe.