Should I stop big 3 ? Pic of minoxidil dark circles inside

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah ive heard of things like this before...

never tried it, some guy said on his comments on the thread that it does help reduce puffyness but not the darkness....

Ive just come down to the fact its in the genes, ive been sweating alot and working out weekly past few weeks and no difference so its just the way I am and have to accept it.

There will always be 100 cures to dark circles but just like hair loss nothing 100% working or confirmed.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone experienced this?

My dark circles are clearing up quite well now - slower than I expected, but still going - however, the right side is still much more noticeable than the left, to the point where someone asked if I had a black eye!

They're not bad unless it's dark and the shadow makes them look worse.

I think they are dehydration, too, because they appear worse when I have had less to drink.

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil for about 2 years, my eyes aren't that bad but my face is really puffy, kinda annoying.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I started using a thing called Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage Roll-On. It's a woman's product but I am not bothered (the men's ones are always more expensive, come in smaller sizes and have the same stuff in them just in a blue packet instead of pink!). Although it hasn't got rid of the issue, it has reduced them dramatically. I am sceptical about caffeine's benefit if it's applied externally, but it's not the only ingredient of course.

Using creams will probably make the issue worse - especially puffiness - because most eye creams are designed to hide wrinkles, and that often means puffing up the skin.

I find the best way to check them is in a slightly dark mirror (e.g. the front of a locked iPad). This may sound strange but for some reason it highlights the areas much more, whereas a mirror can mask them depending on the light.

But, I still have a darker patch on the left eye, which is bothering me because I like to be more symmetrical :p

Anyway, try an eye roll on if you have this issue. They're relatively cheap so if they don't work it's not a huge loss.

justinstocks

Reaction score
i tried the mens version of the clinique stuff but it did nothing for me at all ... the stuff im using now ( adonia eye therapy ) is really good though , my dark circles are lightening up quite a lot.

T

Timi

i think the dark circles comes more from Finasterid

in a other Board a Men says minoxidil gives him dark Circles
and swollen eyes (No Finasterid)

i think finasteride and minoxidil are bad for the eyes

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
i tried the mens version of the clinique stuff but it did nothing for me at all ... the stuff im using now ( adonia eye therapy ) is really good though , my dark circles are lightening up quite a lot.

To be fair, I think it was just short lived. It reduces them for a couple of hours then they're back to normal. I think it just "refreshes" the area.

Anyway, I am fickle so I bought some Clairns (sorry if that's the wrong spelling) eye contour gel and it is amazing! I never say that about a product but the puffiness is almost gone just after 2 days use. The dark patches in the corner are still there, but they're not as noticable once the puffiness has gone. Mine were mild anyway - when I asked people they said they only notice when they're pointed out - but they were bothering me.

I have no idea what it does but I only bought it because reviews online were really positive no matter where I looked (shops, review sites, magazines etc). I think it's a global brand (from France?) so it's probably readily available everywhere. The only drawback is that it was more than £20 for a tiny 20ml tube... but you only need a tiny, tiny bit.

I'll probably be back in a couple of weeks saying I am trying something else, haha!

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I would give a little update since its been a while

Been off all creams and all hair loss products for about 8 months now, and I have to say just in the last few weeks things are slightly better.

The skin around my eyes are less puffy and less filled is the only way to describe it.... while I still have circles they have reduced a bit which is great !

The only things I have done is sleep more on my back, cut out the big 3 treatments... upped my hayfever/antihistamine tablets for my hayfever.

its nice to feel a bit more younger ! I also think cos I was touching and rubbing it and generally scrubbing the area with water few times during baths and waking up seem to perhaps do more damage.

So in a sense its good to not touch the eyes or areas around it.

I have not bothered with any creams or potions but its nice to hear 2 others are getting good vibes from it, I googled
"clarins eye contour gel" about 20-30 quid and adonia eye therapy looks good from this link
http://www.amazon.com/Adonia-Organics-Eye-Therapy/dp/B005NDFYW8

As in regards to my hair status well I do really miss the minoxidil foam.... it really is perfect at applying not only for something to counter hair loss (which it didnt do much if any for my hair line) it more importantly acted as a wicked hair moose and I was able to style my hair well.

In UK its nothing but rain and wind, even in the sunshine we recently had it was windy so my hair looked pants with my hair loss, the comb overs were windered to the other side lol

Ive tried 2-3 other mooses and style creams but there just not holding or giving me that sorta "thicker hair" yet holding look touch, but see how it goes I dont fancy going back to treatments just yet !

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a new issue with this. Although the dark circles are s l o w l y fading, I seem to have more puffiness. The Clarins stuff helps quite a lot initially but unless I carry it around all day with me and apply it every few hours then it has it's limits.

I think the reason you have got results is simply by stopping treatment, which is something I don't want to do.

minoxidil does seem to age the face quicker than usual :(

I am trying to sleep on my back but failing. I can't seem to control my breathing properly when I sleep on my back for some reason. Sleeping on your back is better for all kinds of health issues, though.

I also think I need more sleep. Coincidentally, I started treatment when I lived above a pub which was loud so I got around 5 - 6 hours a sleep most nights and I moved back in with my parents a couple of month's ago - moving out next week! - but I still don't get enough sleep. Less than 7 hours most nights.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did not want to give up the treatments and am still considering going back to it... Not that I would enjoy the dark circles lol Creams are creams they will always just be a sorta solution to temporary fix it, so without quitting it totally it wont happen much. I just miss the minoxidil foam at this point cos its been so windy past few weeks and my hair goes tattle and bad hair day all over again lol Im not sure if I should go back to it or not really....

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Well had a hair cut and well 6 months without the big 3, it pretty bad. I felt I had lost very little but nope it seems I have lost quite a fair amount especially at the front which is a major surprise to me.

Ive decided to jump right back onto the big 3, finasteride + minoxidil am back !

I think I will have no choice but to add toppik also....

I would say be very careful right now of quitting hair loss treatments.....

its one thing to not have dark circles and all this.... but at least one could use man make up !

Am not sure why I felt I had lost very little since my hair looked the same but perhaps its just the fact ive been unwell with flus and colds lately... or perhaps its just that lovely minoxidil foam that makes my hair well "hair" and "thick", for whatever reason im back on hair loss treatments so ill see how it goes.

Perhaps it really is time for me to buy some man make up to cover my dark circles lol

RB15

Reaction score
Well had a hair cut and well 6 months without the big 3, it pretty bad. I felt I had lost very little but nope it seems I have lost quite a fair amount especially at the front which is a major surprise to me.

Ive decided to jump right back onto the big 3, finasteride + minoxidil am back !

I think I will have no choice but to add toppik also....

I would say be very careful right now of quitting hair loss treatments.....

its one thing to not have dark circles and all this.... but at least one could use man make up !

Am not sure why I felt I had lost very little since my hair looked the same but perhaps its just the fact ive been unwell with flus and colds lately... or perhaps its just that lovely minoxidil foam that makes my hair well "hair" and "thick", for whatever reason im back on hair loss treatments so ill see how it goes.

Perhaps it really is time for me to buy some man make up to cover my dark circles lol

Hey RP

How about you start off with once a day minoxidil applications, on a morning, on a DRY scalp?

This is what i'm currently doing with no side effects...

I read ALOT of threads regarding the dark circle and skin issue, and came to the conclusion that the majority of people experiecing sides were either....

a) applying on a wet scalp (not advisable)
b) admitting to applying WAY too much minoxidil, i read some users getting through cans of the foam in a week!! jeez!!
c) doing both of the above at the same time
d) were complete hyphercondriac lunatics

Don't get me wrong, of course some people will experience sides no matter what, but i'm yet to see any conclusive before and after photo's of such dramatic cases.

Good luck mate

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah gonna try just that... I last a can about 3 weeks to 4, I just that in the mornings usually and then 5 ml liquid in evening... course with that droppler it is the right amount.

I think the dark circles were just due to me being indian, and deep socketed eye balls does not help.

But I think I might as well get back on the hair loss treatments, im still at a loss since it looks like I have lost quite a bit but at the same time It may just have just been a very bad hair cut at the front or a shed or shock loss or something.

Time will tell anyhow, Ive already started to get back my minoxidil fuzz hairs at the hair line and few sprouts here and there, anyhow time will tell.

I think ill look into man make up :)

Jack A

Established Member
Reaction score
I had dark circles and a really puffy face off minoxidil. I started jogging at least 3 times a week, drinking LOTS of water (about 5-6 pints a day usually) and the circles have gone, my face is less puffy and my skin generally looks alot better. I'm also taking a vitamin D tablet every night because it's supposed to help with collagen synthesis, not too sure about it but you don't change a winning team.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I had dark circles and a really puffy face off minoxidil. I started jogging at least 3 times a week, drinking LOTS of water (about 5-6 pints a day usually) and the circles have gone, my face is less puffy and my skin generally looks alot better. I'm also taking a vitamin D tablet every night because it's supposed to help with collagen synthesis, not too sure about it but you don't change a winning team.

nice good to hear it worked for you, yeah I have read good blood circulation and regular exercise can help out alot on dark circles... I gotta admit I dont exercise at all lol already am lifting and moving around alot at work but not building a sweat exactly.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I would give a update on my dark circles issue and coming off the treatments but then back on them its like people say always on here, those tiny hairs are minoxidil dependent so they will fall out over the next few weeks if you stop. minoxidil is needed if you want those hairs still there or not.

I noticed the same with my tiny hairs, the good news is when I restarted minoxidil treatments after even 6 months of stopping all treatments those tiny hairs came back and I had the same if not better regrowth of course this may not be the case for others. Quite a few hairs sprouted into normal softer but longer hairs but only some. Other minoxidil tiny hairs are slightly better then before.

I am experimenting however since I seem to have much better performance with liquid over foam, but foam gives a much better style and thicker appearance then liquid so am applying both that way cannot go wrong!

Overall I would say its nice to be off all treatments but its only till afterwards you stop all treatments or come off minoxidil you can REALLY see what the treatments were doing in my case they did visually make a difference if bit a small one, I can see at my hair line there are smaller minoxidil hairs which does help cover up the front baldness overall, so I guess I gotta keep using it shed or not or bad dark circles. I can either look like a cast member from the walking dead or look like zombie with better hair, so no choice lol

T

Timi

but the Zombie Face comes back after 2-3x apply
minoxidil was for me the Horror, worser as finasteride