Should I stop big 3 ? Pic of minoxidil dark circles inside

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
makeveli1 said:
honestly, don't keep messing with the eye area, this area is a fragile section of the face...w

Yes I feel your 100% bang on right, I stopped using moisteriers and eye creams about a week ago.

They just do not work at all and after 3-4 weeks of using them no difference.

I have noticed the skin is very weak and shallow so I think rubbing it and touching it just makes it far worser and causes more damage if anything.

So im just going ala natural let my skin heal naturally !

I will however try the sinus nose cleaner due to my hayfever allergies but that does not touch my eyes...

I have ordered a face mask but again its just a cold face pack to reduce swelling around my eyes and face...

But I feel your right touching it is like an allergy and makes it worser.... a big no no, im still having trouble sleeping on my back but im sometimes able to sleep on the other side but wake up sometimes on the normal default side but this morning woke up on my back :)

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I have started getting dark patches under the eyes. Mine is mainly concentrated around the tear duct, on the lower part of the eye (kid of near the bridge of the nose).

It's often red, not dark. The natural creases are more visible because the bits in between look a little sore.

It's not very noticeable but you can tell it's there.

I also have some slight flaking in that area as well.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it an internal or an external thing? Is it the minoxidil absorbing into the blood, therefore into the face, or is it "cross contamination" between, for example, sleeping on a pillow?

Although I don't have perfect skin, my skin has always been moist. It's not as greasy as in the past (I am putting this down to finasteride because my skin all over is less greasy - a relatively good side effect for me!) but I am more concerned about my eyes.

I had a theory that minoxidil is removing nutrients from the face to take up to the scalp, because the face is the closest area to the scalp, and the eyes are effected first because the skin is weaker and thinner there, hence more noticeable.

Maybe if we applied a "blocker" to the eye area it wouldn't happen? For example, put a little bit of Vaseline on the eye area before going to sleep?

In fact, I'm going to try that... put a little bit of Vaseline under my eyes before bed to see if it prevents this.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone is bothered, I've been doing the following which seems to help a bit:

- Applying a thin layer of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) under my eyes before applying it morning and night
- Not removing the Vaseline when I go to bed

That's pretty much it, and the dryness has pretty much gone. That's probably because the Vaseline is maintaining moisture overnight.

As for the dark patches, they have turned into a kind of red "mark" instead. It's hard to describe, bit kind of like a feint bruise (been trying to get pictures but all I have is a shitty Blackberry which is pathetic at pictures).

It's still the same size as before, but faded and it's only been 2 days. It's not dark any more, but it's still noticeable.

After 2 days of this, I hope it's a good sign.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
the skin under the eyes is perhap the most sensitive and weak area of the face, so yeah seems minoxidil can do alot of damage right there.

I know from this thread and my other one here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=71802&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

It seems to be worser on asian/black guys.

That skin under the eyes gets thinner and weaker as we get older but as my pictures on my 1st place show a guy @ 34 and with 2 black bruises was not good and I try to keep healthy with fruit/veg and lots of water but it was still not working.

Using creams and vaseline helps keep the skin more softer and supply but was not really curing the darkness so about 3 months ago I stopped all hair loss treatments.

I have only just recently noticed my minoxidil life less hairs at the front have vanished but my scalp colours gone from darker brown to normal skin tone, darkness under my eyes has reduced very little still. According to another guy he told me its best not to touch the eyes or use creams but to sleep on your back and wait 6-9 months, I have a feeling hes right ! but only time will tell

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
You are right.

The Vaseline stopped the dryness but the marks are still there. I notice they appear darker when they're dry, which is probably just because the skin is flakier. I thought they were reducing but it was just the extra moisture which made them look like this.

However, for 2 days I have reduced how much I put on. I used to use half a cap and now around 1/4. I decided not to put any vaseline on last night and this morning there was no dryness and no increased darkness, so I will see how this goes. I was probably applying too much (since my hair is quite short anyway)

Hair loss seems to be littered with unwanted side effects... dry eyes, limp dick! Arrrgh!

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
yup give it a try only time will tell quite a few guys reduced the minoxidil

if u have seen my eyes on the 1st page of that link it looks like ive been punched in both eyes, I just got sick of it and gave up the lot, its reduced a little at least.

I must have spent so many hours of cures of dark circles but none really worked, tried several creams including nivea/eye rollers and eye stimulation/massaging etc etc but none worked so figured might as well give it all up and try.

Thats the trade of with these hair loss treatments, id rather be bold then look 45 and tired all the time ;)

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Aye, I seen the pics on the first page. Mine weren't as bad. It's just the areas near the tear ducts, about 1 - 2 cm in total. They were darker than usual, and now are slightly red/purple like a healing bruise.

But they are definitely less noticeable now than last week.

I was really hoping I never got any side effects!

I think if they don't fade I'll reduce it to once a day (morning only) and see what happens, but the good news is that I can see regrowth already, after just 1 month! I went to a pub earlier and the toilets were really bright, so I could see tiny haird growing in areas where I lost it in the past... I was really happy!

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they do sprout out, after almost 5 years of trying too get my minoxidil hairs to sprout and grow I just gave up, after almost 3 months off all soloutions my minoxidil hairs have vanished.... but they were never alive of there in the 1st place so it didn't matter.

I would have lived with dark circles if those hairs grew to normal hairs, will need to wait for a proper hair loss treatment or perhaps hair transplant option lol

T

Timi

Hello RP3X

and is minoxidil the the Dark Circles maker?
or finasteride?

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
Hello RP3X

and is minoxidil the the Dark Circles maker?
or finasteride?

Well I did not really find out what was causing the dark circles if it was minoxidil or finasteride since I stopped all hair loss products at the same time.

It has been about 4 months and only a slight reduction in dark circles around my eyes, which is why I have not posted an updated picture.

All my side effects apart from the dark circles have reduced or gone away, my Sex drive feels like im 25 again (despite being 34) and my minoxidil "life less" dead hairs along my hair line have gone, the colour of my skin on my head is less brown/darker and more naturally colour. My hair is alot more softer and lighter.
it was quite clear the minoxidil foam was making my hair more thicker in "appearance" but generally not adding any hair on my hair line, apart from life less minoxidil/dead hairs.

I am trying to not touch and wash too hard around my eye areas, but still feel perhaps it is something else or it may just be my eyes they are deep within my eye socket and my bone structure makes me look like skeletor !

So who knows am still at square one.

T

Timi

i think it is minoxidil and finasteride

by me the same Horror Eyes
and this swollen Face

slowly a little bit better

and:
i have make a attempt with finasteride Topic
i put on 0,083mg 5mg 60ml Vodka 1ml= 0,083mg
after One Hour i become Pain arround my eyes
and eyes, bone Pain
swelling and black eyelids and on the eyelids pimple

and minoxidil makes my Face red and swollen
the Skin old

sh*t Drugs

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
My dryness stopped and the dark areas are slowly fading. I don't know exactly why but I have changed the way I apply Regaine. I put little blobs on my hair and work it in, instead of putting it in the cap and scraping it out with my fingers. I use less this way, too.

It seems to have stopped my eye area getting dry (I close them when working it in) but the dark areas are still there. They're not as obvious now, though.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for lack of updates this thread and forum reset my password and could not get back in !

Ok well it has been almost 6 months since I stopped all treatments and sadly no real change in appearance to my dark circles.
They are still dark and mean and makes me look at least 20 years older then I am, or ive never sleeped before or just become a UFC fighter whos got 2 bruised eyes lol

I would post a pic but there is no difference to the 1st pic I posted back in February 2012.

So Im still at a loss I tried sleeping on my back and on the other side (seemed to help a little), gave up on dozens of dark circle creams/cures.... but overall giving up the hair loss treatments made no difference, I have lost all my life less minoxidil dead hairs on my hair line and my hair looks poorer quality and less dense.... im also more horny so the hair loss treatments did get outta my system 100%, just not the dark circles.

It sorta sounds like the hair loss treatments were not responsible for my dark circles !

Ive read here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43073&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Is another massive dark circles thread, most folk over there seem to think its still hereditary thing causing the dark circles and there is NO CURE, many also suggested it is to do with your Nasal passage if its blocked or you are unable to breathe correctly thru both nostrils you may have a nasal septum (nose) issue, so having blocked air ways can cause your eyes to build up and get dark.

Some others on there suggest change of life style and get more exercise.

Also alot have said if your bone structure in your face is deep as in your eyes are deep in there sockets you will get dark circles more, I think if anything I have this issue for sure since my eyes are large and quite deep, I look like I have a skeletor thing going on....

Again I may need to check my nose issue (since I can only breath thru one side usually and suffer excema/hay fever alot and perhaps I should take up exercise which I aint done forever lol

Anyhow if I make any progress or not ill update this thread ever so often !

justinstocks

Reaction score
test

- - - Updated - - -

test worked !

been reading through this thread with interest -ive been back on spectral dnc-l ( diluted to make approx 2.5% strength ) once a day for a few weeks now and am experiencing terrible dark red circles under my eyes .

this has happened before but using full strength dnc-l and got so bad i stopped completely for 6 month . the circles slowly faded but didnt go completely ... and lost lots of hair !
ive decided to stop using it again but really just want to offer some advice for fellow sufferers

vaseline as mentioned earlier in the thread wont do a thing for dark circles , along with most eye creams ! ive tried loads of them from the cheapest up to ones costing nearly £100 and they have all had minimal effect.

ive just started using a cream called "adonia eye therapy" , google it and the before / after pics look impressive . i got a jar of it from ebay for £30 so will report back on its effects in a month or so .

next up - the only way ive found to make the dark circles look better is to cover them up and that means with make up ! i know its taboo for most men but if it means i look better i dont care !

i use the garnier tinted eye roll on and it works well , its not noticable and does a good job of making circles look lighter. comes in different shades as well so you can go darker or lighter depending on your skin colour.

another option is the "touche eclat pour homme" concealer which is v good but only comes in one shade and is expensive ...

hope this info helps someone out there , please add your comments !

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
yup make up for men is perhaps the only option....

im gonna see if it goes over the course of a bit more time, I dont fancy using creams and lotions again since they did sod all but they seem the only thing to actually try and help !

my dark circles look similar perhaps tad better.....

mind u I aint tried changing my life at all, still aint checked my nose issue or tried excercise... etc what I did do past 6 months is stop all treatments to hair loss and dark circles still are there, I guess as most say its naturally and there is no cure....

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
I have dark circles. They are getting better. They used to be horrible, red, purple and dry and crispy. The dryness is gone but there are still visible dark areas close to where the eye meets the nose.

What I do now is to apply small spots of minoxidil foam (Regaine) to the hair directly then rub it in. This means I can use less and get the same coverage because there's no transferring it from the lid to my hands then to the head, which wastes a lot.

For me, if I use too much my eyes get dry and darker.

I hope I don't have to stop using it, because it is definitely working.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
If its working your in a catch 22 situation, I know if any of the big 3 treatmeants of finasteride+minoxidil+nizoral shampoo if any 3 of them worked for me properly over the past 5 years I would have happilly lived with dark circles under my eyes.

Since I had no change in hair or any new hair growth (apart from lifeless tiny hairs) I stopped it to see if my circles went, yeah my hairs more crap but the only thing thats different is I miss the minoxidil foam "gel" type effect the way it moulds and makes your hair look instantly thicker/fuller.

I have alternative moose but not as good lol

im gonna stay off all the meds and see how I look in the new year with dark circles cos I think after 1 year I have seen no real change to my dark circles then I just have to live with it like millions of others or enjoy man make up under the eyes ;)

a Hair piece or hair transplant is perhaps the best and only options I reckon.

mobi

Reaction score
I think I have found a solution atleast for myself. I first started using minoxidil 2 years back (the liquid version) which gave me unbearable itch and dark circles under eyes. The circles did get better over time, but didn't disappear completely. About month ago i started again with the foam version and it doesn't make me itch at all. I applied it twice per day (once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Also I washed it off before going to bed) and realized that if I went to take a nap with it on it gets on the pillow and smears all over. My face got red spots below the hairline and skin overall started to look like ****. The circles under my eyes darkened considerably too.

What I've done is I apply the foam once per day around 6 pm and after a few hours was it off in the shower. I don't think the circles have gotten worse and with this method atleast I can use some minoxidil. One thing for certain is that the time for the dark circles to manifest/worsen is longer, but I'll have to see a few months further if this prevents them entirely.

I hope this helps.