Should I stop big 3 ? Pic of minoxidil dark circles inside

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok well its been almost 4 weeks off the big 3 and OFF all the hair loss treatments.

The differences I have noticed after a month being off is much longer and stronger erections.

My hair quality did come back, my hair is more shiny and naturally smoother also my hair started to grow more faster and longer. No real change to the bald spots at the front of my head towards my high hair line. But since no hair treatments gave me any real hair growth after 4 years its just the same.

But I did notice my hair grew and appeared more longer... however this could just be that minoxidil foam acts like a hair stiffening moose and makes my hair more dry !

As for my main issue, my eyes have had a very slight reduction of dark circles however no real big change sadly, the skin under my eyes feels like its not natural and its clogged with something still.

I have tried Nivea face moisturiser cream and also nivea aqua eye cream for past 2 weeks and no improvement from the creams sadly.

I will continue too wait and see if my dark circles go away....but at this point I do regret starting hair loss solutions such as minoxidil !

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
RP3X

is your Bloodpressure high??

when i become this eyes is my Bloodpressure 190/110

Well I have suffered from high blood pressure in the past, but I adjusted my diet a few years ago and reduced my salt and sugar intake and it helped stabilze my levels.

I have not checked recently my levels....

However you do raise a valid point, I may research it a bit further but are you sure high blood pressure can also give you dark circles around your eyes ?

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
wow those dark circles where pretty bad :(
Quitting minoxidil was propably a good idea and I would also look for some under eye cream on ebay, at least it wont hurt

good luck

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel since Im indian the dark circles make it look even worser.

I have been using Nivea Aqua eye cream for puffiness/dark circles for past 2 weeks... it has not made much difference really but will continue to use it up and hope for the best.

Theres 1000s of eye creams out there but none of them really work according to amazon customer reviews.

There was a massive thread not so long ago on here called dark circles.... but even after 1000s of replies no one really had any decent cream or way or treatment of dealing with dark circles.

There is some info here about the causes :

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/ski ... rk-circles

http://www.darkeyecircle.org/what-cause ... nder-eyes/

Seems there is no real cure just life style changes....

I have checked to see if high blood pressure can give you dark circles but no evidence was found on google between the 2, not unless timi can be more specific ?

Reaction score
I've been off minoxidil for a week now and I feel like my skin is looking better already. It doesn't seem to be as red, but I still have large pores and dark circles under my eyes. I'm kinda worried that I'm going to lose the majority of my hair since I've been using Minoxidil for 10 years. Would switching to 2% once a day make my skin look better or will it stay the same?

makeveli1

Reaction score
Mate, try sleeping on your back if you dont already, this prevents blood from pooling under your eyes, this helped me....also buy some gotu kola, and grape seed extract. Both of which have been proven to help with edema, vitamin d may help also. The puffy eyes are caused by the vasodilation from the minoxidil. Edema is a common side effect of this, and similar drugs because of fluid infiltration across the capillaries. Grape seed extract has a strengthening affect on the capillaries so may help.
I had the same problem and these things seemed to work, the sleeping on back seemed to make the most difference...it took a few months after quitting but eventually they returned to normal....hope this helps. :punk:

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
John Yossarian said:
I've been off minoxidil for a week now and I feel like my skin is looking better already. It doesn't seem to be as red, but I still have large pores and dark circles under my eyes. I'm kinda worried that I'm going to lose the majority of my hair since I've been using Minoxidil for 10 years. Would switching to 2% once a day make my skin look better or will it stay the same?

very hard call to make, some say reducing there treatments they were able to find a fine balance between it and sides... I was never sure if I was not taking enough or not though.

I would assume less minoxidil will improve skin and dark circles though.. but what effect on your hair is a try and see, only issue is we all know once u loose the hair its impossible to get it back...

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
makeveli1 said:
Mate, try sleeping on your back if you dont already, this prevents blood from pooling under your eyes, this helped me....also buy some gotu kola, and grape seed extract. Both of which have been proven to help with edema, vitamin d may help also. The puffy eyes are caused by the vasodilation from the minoxidil. Edema is a common side effect of this, and similar drugs because of fluid infiltration across the capillaries. Grape seed extract has a strengthening affect on the capillaries so may help.
I had the same problem and these things seemed to work, the sleeping on back seemed to make the most difference...it took a few months after quitting but eventually they returned to normal....hope this helps. :punk:

thankyou for your post, I have always noticed this since I prefer sleeping on my right hand side and always felt since im in this position of the time Id imagine the blood would pool up on that side!

So ill try and sleep on my back or the other side I guess....

I have not heard of edema but will check it up more, grape seed and vitamin d sounds good.

Considering these moisterisers and night eye anti dark circle creams dont do anything I guess vit d and grape seed extract is worth a shot !

makeveli1

Reaction score
Yes, I used to sleep on my right side, and the eye bag on my right side was slightly worse....i am almost convinced that it happened due to the fact i would put minoxidil on just before bedtime, and then spend 10 hours face down asleep...this meant that more blood was pooling in my face, and the capillaries where allowing extra fluid through because of the vasodialation caused by the minoxidil. Yes edema is common with this type of drug, fluid escapes the capillaries, but cannot re-enter as easily because of the pressure difference, this causes edema.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
come to think about it you sound right, I use to put on liquid minoxidil and go to bed and sleep on that right hand side and id imagine the minoxidil would get right to work on the side its pressing down on.

That must explain why my right hand side is worser then the other side.

Its gonna take quite an effort to not sleep on that side but I will try, hopefully grape seed extract and vit d will help recovery, but as you mentioned it took a few months, I would imagine it would take a while for minoxs damage to be undone.

berserker69

Reaction score
I used to apply minoxidil onto a wet scalp. The increased absorption led to me having dark circles also.

People always told me I looked unwell and tired...

Since having stopped wet scalp application and only applying to a dry scalp the dark cricles have definitely been reduced.

brsrkr69

Reaction score
I had been only using Minoxidil 5% every other day, once a day, and I still had horrible skin. I've started using 2% every day now and I'll see if that clears up my skin. It probably won't, though.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
berserker69 said:
I used to apply minoxidil onto a wet scalp. The increased absorption led to me having dark circles also.

People always told me I looked unwell and tired...

Since having stopped wet scalp application and only applying to a dry scalp the dark cricles have definitely been reduced.

brsrkr69

Yes can confirm I too use to wet my hair, I would wash my hair and while it was slightly wet use to use foam.

I felt my dark circles got worser when I switched to liquid minoxidil.

Seems applying stronger minoxidil foam or liquid or perhaps too much of it can make dark circles worser then it is.

I have checked for vit D and found I already have it in cod liver oil tabs so will take that every other day or so and see how it goes, was considering using grape seed tablets and grape seed oil like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/500ml-Grapeseed ... 141&sr=8-4

And add that in my arsenal to help improve my dark circles also... so may order that off this week.

Will keep you all updated, really must find that massive dark circle thread on here and update that post!

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing going on...i lowered the dosage of minoxidil...once a day.

im fine now....

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive started this week adding vitamin D, and its now been 3 weeks since I started skin moisterizers and nivea eye shadow cream...

No real difference yet although skin feels more healthy and less cluttered mind you I have been off anything for almost 5 weeks now so its still early days.

I still believe staying off minoxidil and perhaps altering general habits... its rare I get any sunshine on my skin so im trying to add that in now since we are coming towards summer time.

Hopefully things will get better, but its still early days for now.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
That massive thread called "Dark Circles" well I found it its here:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=71802&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

So far from what I have seen there is many suggestions I listed some here and few new one:

Drink more water
get more exercise
Sleep on the other side, this will help prevent blood from pooling.
cold treatments like wet cold/frozen teabags
also cold spoons from the fridges
noise cleaning via neti pot/Nasal wash
Gel mask for hot and cold treatments
life-style changes

I have been off all hair loss products for almost 6 weeks now and I have had very little improvement with my dark circles, it does not seem any eye cream or moisterizer will ever work I think there all gimmicks frankly ! I guess the cure is to find out what's causing it and to improve/fix it from the source.

I have spent many hours reading websites and some suggested this maybe myth that computer screens/watching telly can cause eye strain and dark circles if you do it more then a few hours a day.... frankly its my job and when I come home im always in front of the telly/monitor, who isn't now a days ! I am unsure if there is any truth to it....but it may tie into the life style changes

Another new one to me for a cure to dark circles was this :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nasal-Irrigatio ... 498&sr=1-1

Its neti pot or nasopure, many people suggest there is a link between dark circles and sinus problems, if anyone suffers from hayfever or allergies this can block your nose on both or either sides, and giving more pressure to the eyes and eye area:

Read the nasal congestion part here:

http://multiculturalbeauty.about.com/od ... ircles.htm

I have also included other links for treatments:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=179352786400

http://www.darkcirclesundertheeyes.com/ ... :Sinusitis

http://www.realself.com/question/dark-c ... s-problems

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEL-EYE-MASK- ... 19cad9b11b

I have not given up yet as one guy suggested on this thread it took almost 6 months for his dark circles to fade away and that was after he stoppped minoxidil treatments... it may just take time, I will continue to try and may try the gel face mask and try hot/cold treatments I think its more easier then the cold spoon/teabags trick and less messy! and I will try the nasal cleaning part, it sadly maybe just my cheek bone and face structure also giving a dark shadow so I guess if I have not had any improvements by this fall I will just cheat like girls do and use man make up ! Edit I think I will check past pictures of myself to see if I had dark circles... before the minoxidil/big 3.

Either way ill update progress, if anyone has suggestions on dark circles keep posting please!

T

Timi

Hello RP3X

what makes you for your Hairloss??
you have all stoped !

makeveli1

Reaction score
ive been back on minoxidil for nearly four weeks, and the problem hasn't occurred this time...I have been sleeping only on my back every single night, and i honestly believe that this is the key difference.. I guess you know how minoxidil works so i wont get into it, but it is extremely logical to me that this is the reason it happened last time. i have kept my dosage to 0.6ml in the morning and the same at night,,, i have a shaved head so that is enough for me...i tried going a little higher and i noticed abit of upper eyelid swelling, so im keeping my sodium allowance fairly limited to.

honestly, don't keep messing with the eye area, this area is a fragile section of the face...when this happened to me , i kept putting ice, and creams on my face for a few weeks, tapping the under eye section and so on...and i remember thinking that it seems to be getting worse....im no scientist, but im pretty much certain that these creams do not work at all, stop messing with the area..nothing you read about tea bags on the eyes, cold spoons, hot spoons,,, none of this works, its all myths,, the more you mess with the area the more inflamed it will become i guarantee .....just leave it to get better by itself...this is very important....leave them alone, no creams, no nothing that involves touching...at all!!

As i said in an earlier post, gotu kola, grape seed may help with this sort of edema,( there are studies which support this) go on google scholar and look......im also taking horse chestnut because studies have shown that also helps with edema...this is my message to you.....stop touching your eyes if you are, just leave them alone....try your best to sleep on your back..its hard but im certain this is the main thing that will help....also, try not to constantly look at yourself in the mirror, a recent study showed that the more we look in the mirror, the more dissatisfied we become with our looks....high carbs are associated with water retention, so try eating clean for a while, low carb diet, also low sodium.

if you look at old photos of yourself, you will probably realize that you already had slight eye bags before, i too noticed this,, although the minoxidil did make them worse...just try to not think about it...sleep on your back with a couple of pillows under you're head ...like i said, im no scientist, but i have dealt with what your going through, so you should listen to my advice. don't expect to wake up with no eye bags, like i said, you most probably had them slightly before...after a few months i kind of made this realization too...however they can get to what they where before if you follow my advice.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
Hello RP3X

what makes you for your Hairloss??
you have all stoped !

Well after 6 weeks no difference to my hair loss.... minoxidil and finasteride did not really improve my hair loss @ my hair line really.... and while I was going a bit thin at the back the minoxidil it appears to not have helped at the back either.

It maybe the case that minoxidil + finasteride was maintaining what I already had but I did still notice my hair line tad worser with minoxidil so all in all im glad I gave up on the whole lot !

At most id say finasteride tablets would not be such a bad idea...