Should I Just Cut It Off And Skip Even Tring Propecia?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Due to a f*** up at the pharmacist I won't be getting the finastaride till at least next week. I just went to get my hair cut and boy was that a kick in the balls.... as it usually is. My Norwood 3 has gotten considerably worse since my last haircut. Should I jist shave it all off? Waste of $15 on a haircut and tip but who gives a f***. I jist don't know how to go on.

Also side note, I'm only 28, why the f*** does my face look so bad??? My face didn't look like this just 2 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20170930_163919.jpg
    IMG_20170930_163919.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_20170930_163928.jpg
    IMG_20170930_163928.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_20170930_163916.jpg
    IMG_20170930_163916.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20170930_162335.jpg
    IMG_20170930_162335.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_20170930_163931.jpg
    IMG_20170930_163931.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_20170930_163449.jpg
    IMG_20170930_163449.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 553

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Your loss is aggressive at your age. You have a high forehead so that gives the illusion of looking very receded. I would buzz it just to see how it looks. I think if you lose some weight your face might look more defined and less bloated. You still have good very good skin. If I were in your shoes I would be consulting for a hair transplant.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Julian you moron you can't give up without even trying! finasteride could very well save your hair and maybe even regrow some too. Ignore the horror stories and focus on the success stories!
My personal experience wasn't good, but ive found something that works for me now, give it a go because you never know!!

aceofspades117

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your face doesn't look bad at all in my opinion. If you do buzz it then try leaving a beard or some form of facial hair. I would love to buzz and leave facial hair but since I'm asian I can never ever get a full beard which is tragic for me.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Shave your head and look in the mirror.

Are you ok with what you see? Then dont take finasteride.

If not, you know your answer.

robkelv

Reaction score
Hair loss at a young age is just brutal, but your not alone. Try finasteride for a year then look at getting a hair transplant.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd kill to have the hair you do. Yeah, hair loss sucks. But just as a boost of confidence...you still have a lot there. Go look at my post.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aging happens to the best of us man, just a couple years ago I looked great for 32, now at 34 in starting to slide. It just happens. Even with good preventative measures. Nw3 looks to be sliding into nw4 range. Is that nearly an island in front now?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you take finasteride the odds are you'll at least keep the hair you've still got. You're just at the stage where (with the right haircut) your hair loss isn't so drastic that it's seriously affecting your looks but if you leve it much longer....................
By all means weigh up the pros and cons of taking the drug beforehand but remember once it's gone it's gone.

Jesse Wilson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut it short and give finasteride a try if you're ok with a slightly decreased libido, but your head will look good with a bald scalp. Having it a this lenght makes it more obvious in my opinion. Rogaine unscented foam is $13 a month and I find it super easy to use. If you do that, maybe get derma roller too so your skin better absorbs the Minoxidil.

If you have the determination, some people have had success with moderately vigorous scalp massages that move the scalp around and put pressure on it, but it takes probably 10 minutes a day and 5 months for results. Maybe stand on your head? All this is very annoying.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I bugged out, I was having a metldown that night. I had a technical exam coming up that I hadn't studied at all for, I took a break from social media and this place so I could cram for it, just barely passed. I am going to start the finastaride tonight, starting a thread over in the androgenic blocker forum now.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aging happens to the best of us man, just a couple years ago I looked great for 32, now at 34 in starting to slide. It just happens. Even with good preventative measures. Nw3 looks to be sliding into nw4 range. Is that nearly an island in front now?

I don't think so but you made me check again lol.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless of what you do for your hair, get yourself down to 12% or lower body fat. It does wonders for the facial aesthetics of the normal looking man

I would not let a bump in the road stop you from going on finasteride or treating your hairloss. At least for me, I could not abide just letting it go without knowing I did what was in my power to fight this destroyer of aesthetics

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless of what you do for your hair, get yourself down to 12% or lower body fat. It does wonders for the facial aesthetics of the normal looking man

I would not let a bump in the road stop you from going on finasteride or treating your hairloss. At least for me, I could not abide just letting it go without knowing I did what was in my power to fight this destroyer of aesthetics

Ya I've actually lost 10lbs since this post lol, it's my highest priority at the moment.