Should I Drop Minoxidi Been Shedding Badly For 4 Months

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. I've been on oral minoxidil ( 10mg ) for a little over 8 months now and for over 4 of those months I have been shedding badly. I went through the typical first shed and began to get regrowth but half way through the 3rd month my hair began shedding and has gotten progressively worse. I've lost a lot of ground and my bangs are starting to show gaps. I'm way below baseline losing about 200 hairs a day.. Since I've basically not had any results from it I should be safe to drop it right? I couldn't imagine shedding any worse than I am right now.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been on oral minoxidil ( 10mg ) for a little over 8 months now and for over 4 of those months I have been shedding badly. I went through the typical first shed and began to get regrowth but half way through the 3rd month my hair began shedding and has gotten progressively worse. I've lost a lot of ground and my bangs are starting to show gaps. I'm way below baseline losing about 200 hairs a day.. Since I've basically not had any results from it I should be safe to drop it right? I couldn't imagine shedding any worse than I am right now.
I would switch to topical and slowly get off the oral.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would switch to topical and slowly get off the oral.
I can't keep up with topicals I'm very inconsistent with them. Why would you suggest switching to topical when oral doesn't seem to be working anymore?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly man, with such a regimen i don't understand how you could lose hair !
i would keep doing your regimen if you can handle the sides

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly man, with such a regimen i don't understand how you could lose hair !
i would keep doing your regimen if you can handle the sides
Me neither but I am starting to think I'm immune to all these treatments as I have no side effects.
Isn't a shed a sign your treatment works?
I thought that too as I did have the initial shed that lasted two weeks so I presumed the second shed would be over in a couple of weeks too. I don't think a shed is supposed to go on for 4 months though.. Since then my hairline has receded more and is even thinning towards the forelock now :(

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I can't keep up with topicals I'm very inconsistent with them. Why would you suggest switching to topical when oral doesn't seem to be working anymore?
Do you have any studies showing oral more effective than topical. How hard is to apply a foam to the hair. You can just do it once per day. You don't leave the house so you have plenty of time to do it.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even in the handout paper that comes in the (kirkland) minoxidil box, it says: if there are no results within 4-6 months, stop using the product. So I guess you should do what it says, and save some money too.