Shampooing the Hair

Airforce1

Reaction score
Well i use Nizoral twice a week. But besides that i do not wash my hair just rinse it. I heard this from my girlfriend that its better not to wash your hair everyday. I just recently started doing this. My question to you guys is that if i wash my hair everyday like i used to is it more likely that i will lose hair faster. Also if there is no difference in washing it twice a week or every day. What shampoo do you recommend me use in between my nizoral. And is conditioner needed to maintain healthy hair. Thank you so much for your help it is very appreciated.

G

It makes no difference to hairloss how often you shampoo. Once a day, every other day, makes no difference as long as your scalp feels good. Twice a week sounds too few though.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you never wash your hair after a few months it will adapt and clean itself - all that will be required is water - just look at homeless people. However if you are goign to wash with Nozoral twice a week I suggest using Min New York's range in between. Here is the link:

http://www.min.com

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
person said:
If you never wash your hair after a few months it will adapt and clean itself...

???

Is that a joke? How exactly would your hair/scalp "clean itself"?

person said:
all that will be required is water

So you think water is good at cleaning oils/lipids? :)

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
person said:
If you never wash your hair after a few months it will adapt and clean itself...

???

Is that a joke? How exactly would your hair/scalp "clean itself"?

person said:
all that will be required is water

So you think water is good at cleaning oils/lipids? :)

They probably add in a little salt they picked up at the Burger King.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
If you never wash your hair after a few months it will adapt and clean itself - all that will be required is water - just look at homeless people. However if you are goign to wash with Nozoral twice a week I suggest using Min New York's range in between. Here is the link:

HAHAHAHAA you joke. "hair cleans itself" Yes, now back this absurd claim up with a logical medical explanation. i didnt know that human beings were capable of spontaneous self cleansing...
Today i was about to piss my pants so i went into the mcdonalds in the city and saw a homeless man in there washing himself and his hair with irish spring soap bar.

i love how the only argument u ever see for this is homeless men. ive seen plenty of balding homeless men.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have oily hair or use a lot of hair products, you should wash your hair everyday. If you don't, you can wash your hair 2-3 times a week.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
person said:

WOW.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to shampoo every day unless my hair is very short, cuz it's oily and the foam makes it more oily.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The whole point is that if you do not wash your hair for about three months it will no longer be oily. Seriously every other animal cleans their fur with water and what the hell do you think cavemen did er? Trust me, go without washing your hair for three months (just use water) and it will be as silky and shiney as it is after you shampoo. I kid you not.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
person said:
The whole point is that if you do not wash your hair for about three months it will no longer be oily. Seriously every other animal cleans their fur with water and what the hell do you think cavemen did er? Trust me, go without washing your hair for three months (just use water) and it will be as silky and shiney as it is after you shampoo. I kid you not.

animals also dont clean their nuts....why dont you go 3 months without washing down there and seee what you smell like.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
person said:

animals also dont clean their nuts....why dont you go 3 months without washing down there and seee what you smell like.
:uglylol:

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:

I don't know. I had a cat that lick its nuts all the time... and he was fixed.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
retropunk said:
person said:

I don't know. I had a cat that lick its nuts all the time... and he was fixed.

ok so you lick your nuts...and ill take a shower.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Animals do clean their genitals (which has just been pointed out). Some people have the guts to go without washing their hair with shampoo for three months; then they never have to worry about shampoo again; I myself am not one of these people.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
person said:
Animals do clean their genitals (which has just been pointed out). Some people have the guts to go without washing their hair with shampoo for three months; then they never have to worry about shampoo again; I myself am not one of these people.

how does a cow clean its nuts? or a giraffe?

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score

Eh? Defensive much? Maybe you should go ahead and shave your head. Blondeguy seems to be mellow, so maybe it'll ease your tension, too.

I'm all for washing your hair everyday. Hell, I wash it everyday because I use a lot of gel and texture cream to tame the beast. Coarse hair is a pita to work with.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
retropunk said:

Eh? Defensive much? Maybe you should go ahead and shave your head. Blondeguy seems to be mellow, so maybe it'll ease your tension, too.

I'm all for washing your hair everyday. Hell, I wash it everyday because I use a lot of gel and texture cream to tame the beast. Coarse hair is a pita to work with.

shave my head? hell no...i still have a lot of hair...i wanna enjoy it!!

my bad thought...i thought you were trying to say shampooing wasn't necessary!!.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
retropunk said:

shave my head? hell no...i still have a lot of hair...i wanna enjoy it!!

my bad thought...i thought you were trying to say shampooing wasn't necessary!!.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah its true, some boy in my school didnt wash his hair for about 2 years and it started to look fine anyway. same thing happened with david blaine when he was in his stupid box.