Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, on the next group buy why dont we all pitch in some money and send a member here enough seti to take 1000-1500mg a day. so then if it works for him we know if we should all up dosage. I think this is a great idea. i wouldnt mind even being the test dummy lol.

I bet you wouldn't mind.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
No its a good idea. Infact I would be happy to chip in for a member to buy enough bim and Seti for enough time to maybe see some growth. Actually I would certainly choose hellouser. It's not exactly win win because there is no way he could afford it all again if he sees amazing results but at least we would know it worked or not and hellouser Is certainly that kind of guy to do it.

jonpl

Reaction score
where come from that idea You need 1000mg? Nobady tested it for at least a couple of months and You already know You need 500 or 1500 mg per day? Jesus... Stop talking about things You have no idea You just spread unchecekd rumors.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
where come from that idea You need 1000mg? Nobady tested it for at least a couple of months and You already know You need 500 or 1500 mg per day? Jesus... Stop talking about things You have no idea You just spread unchecekd rumors.
In studies that have been published about setipiprant, cause there are some, though not yet about hair loss, the dosage is usually 500mg and sometimes 1000mg.

It's not hard to imagine the effect of seti reaches a plateau at about 500mg/day.

If you read Kythera's presentation on setipiprant however (I've linked it on the previous page), you will see that at a dose 10 times lower than what is needed to reach this plateau, setipiprant remains effective.

That's why 100-200mg a day should be effective a well.

jonpl

Reaction score
Yeah during studies with finasteride they give patients extremly high doses of finasteride (25-50 mg?) to just check if theres any difference. Now we know that dose for hairloss is 1 mg and for cancer 5 mg.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah during studies with finasteride they give patients extremly high doses of finasteride (25-50 mg?) to just check if theres any difference. Now we know that dose for hairloss is 1 mg and for cancer 5 mg.
True, they usually give higher doses at first to study safety, but once it is proved safe and the dose needed to reach the plateau effect is known, they stick to that.

You'll find at least 10 studies on seti and the doses are always 500-1000mg/day, not hard to guess why.

But as with finasteride, a lesser dosage is effective as well (finasteride gives approximately the same results at 0.2 and 1mg/day).

I've felt a huge relief with my inflammation already at 100-200mg/day of seti.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Unless if his ( Hell's) regimen is no longer active how will you determine a proper standardized testing for it's efficacy. Not saying person's trying combinational therapy won't/don't benefit.

Referring to this statement:

No its a good idea. Infact I would be happy to chip in for a member to buy enough bim and Seti for enough time to maybe see some growth. Actually I would certainly choose hellouser. It's not exactly win win because there is no way he could afford it all again if he sees amazing results but at least we would know it worked or not and hellouser Is certainly that kind of guy to do it.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
How about your hair? Any difference?
No, it's only been a little more than two weeks.
I should add I'm mostly looking for maintenance, and I don't think seti will be a regrowth drug, but we'll see.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
No, it's only been a little more than two weeks.
I should add I'm mostly looking for maintenance, and I don't think seti will be a regrowth drug, but we'll see.

Thanks Vltach , I wish you take some before and after photos ( with the same lighting and angel ) So we can document it for comparing.

about regrowth , its very hard to say , even on Merck studies for propecia , there are some regrowth when they do the hair count . Although people says finasteride is just for

maintaining , I'm not very sure about that , when you block DHT or PGD2 , that means your hair would be regrowth again , Although using a growth stimulant would be a

best combination method , I wish the seti give you some positive result , Good luck with that.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. PGD2 may be high in the scalp of balding people, but what of those on finasteride and responding to it? I reckon it won't be high in these individuals. Otherwise if finasteride just lowered DHT in good respondents but this had no subsequent impact on PGD2, then hair maintenance/growth wouldn't be possible. That's assuming PGD2 is actually critical in the miniaturisation process as much as DHT.

DHT attaching to the hair follicle is the initial activator, the first step in a long and complicated process, that sets off the over expression of PGD2, caspase activity and pro-inflammatory cytokines/leutrokienes etc that attack the hair follicle. People responding well on finasteride will have eliminated most of that PGD2 by inhibiting DHT upstream. The theory goes that it is these things happening downstream from DHT that is miniaturizing the follicle.

Of course if you inhibit DHT, you stop this process at source. The hope with treatments like these is that hairloss can be tackled downstream from DHT too. I'm on my crappy phone right now but will try to back up this up with some recent studies that are suggesting just how significant PGD2 may be in the miniaturisation of the follicle.

As for dosages, unless I'm mistaken, we don't really know how dose dependent this drug is. But as others have mentioned I think a higher dose than what we can afford right now will be needed to reap significant hair benefits. That question should be answered fairly soon though - if initial reports of Seti users are encouraging, I'm sure there are rich folk on here who will be willing to buy enough for 500mg doses. The safety for that dose looks pretty good too from what we know.

Anyone expecting significant regrowth will need to add PGE2 to their regimen though.

- - - Updated - - -

What's going to happen when the supply runs out? Will the body bring inflammation back the same or even worse? I have the funds to purchase about 75g of seti, but I'm afraid that once i run out and if there isn't another group buy in time, my inflammed scalp will be even worse than before

Good question Ziggy and one I have been wondering myself. Not sure how we can find this information out though.

whatwhat

Reaction score
I've felt a huge relief with my inflammation already at 100-200mg/day of seti.
Can you describe the inflammation you had prior?

Was it a tingling and itchy scalp?

It would be helpful if you could describe the inflammation prior in detail, compared to your inflammation now

I've always noticed that increased itchy feeling etc usually happened with increased shedding etc

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Along with the thought of when you run out will it get worse again. If you managed to reduce your pgd2 completely in the scalp and continued to take finasteride and stopped taking Seti, could you theoretically be at a position of a pre balding scalp? And this reduction in DHT Is all you need?

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone expecting significant regrowth will need to add PGE2 to their regimen though.

What is the point of Seti then, really? If you can inhibit DHT with finasteride and take PGE2 and minoxidil for regrowth, where does seti fit in? I'm a little confused...is it essentially finasteride without the sides (since it doesn't attack DHT)? if that is more or less the case, it's just a safer, albeit very expensive replacement for finasteride...yet this seems to be hyped more than PGE2. Sorry if this is all redundant, I just think I misunderstand what Seti does and how it's any more effective than finasteride. If you factor in the high cost, it doesn't seem to be.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you read the presentation they gave on pdg2? It's posted in this thread. Read it then you will understand. It's put in a fairly simple way.

jonpl

Reaction score
What is the point of Seti then, really? If you can inhibit DHT with finasteride and take PGE2 and minoxidil for regrowth, where does seti fit in? I'm a little confused...is it essentially finasteride without the sides (since it doesn't attack DHT)? if that is more or less the case, it's just a safer, albeit very expensive replacement for finasteride...yet this seems to be hyped more than PGE2. Sorry if this is all redundant, I just think I misunderstand what Seti does and how it's any more effective than finasteride. If you factor in the high cost, it doesn't seem to be.

You spreading stupid rumors and too lazy to read and understand. Your chocie, stay on finasteride and minoxidil.

KiNGTyreZe

Banned
Reaction score

You probably don't know what a great androgen DHT is. It's ten times stronger than testosteron.
It makes you to a man. It burns your fat like sh#t, helps building muscles.
It's also required for further facial beard development.
And lastly for the penis development in puberty.

A lack of DHT can in long term also shrink your penis, not to mention the sexual side effects (which may occur).
You don't want to lose your DHT.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
You spreading stupid rumors and too lazy to read and understand. Your chocie, stay on finasteride and minoxidil.

What's your problem ****face?

- - - Updated - - -

You probably don't know what a great androgen DHT is. It's ten times stronger than testosteron.
It makes you to a man. It burns your fat like sh#t, helps building muscles.
It's also required for further facial beard development.
And lastly for the penis development in puberty.

A lack of DHT can in long term also shrink your penis, not to mention the sexual side effects (which may occur).
You don't want to lose your DHT.

Well of course I, along with everyone else, would prefer a hair treatment that did not meddle with our hormones. But probably the majority of posters on this board and millions of men rely on DHT blockers to keep their from falling out and have for decades without incident. I mean, plenty of men take it and don't turn into women. It's not ideal, but neither is $150 a gram for seti.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would trade all of that the sexual drive, facial hair, to have perfect hair instead. Just your opinion I guess in the end.