Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Excited for new drug and the results; I think I'm with the OP on this though, could we make a formal thread for people to share their progress in? That way we don't have to jump from thread to thread and we can keep everything neat and organized.

Never going to happen. This thread well be 30 pages in a week and contain nothing if importantance. I just spent 10 minutes reading and the only thing I learned is this stuff is hard to work with and some of you have thin skin. I'm surprised hell even responds.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanna get asked the same fucking questions regularly about it working or not for the last 3 months while you havent even received the stuff despite the fact that I've stated MULTIPLE times about it's status? Or how about 'hey, you got setipiprant today! is it working?!' Seriously, you expect to see regrowth in a single fucking WEEKEND? My inbox gets flooded often with questions about this and that, I don't have time to 'play doctor'. The forum's SEARCH function is more than sufficient seeing how many of you guys clearly refuse to simply READ the threads.

Which is why I think an "official" thread would be useful instead of having dribs and drabs scattered over the forum. Might discourage people from PM'ing you and constantly asking you stuff in every thread you post in.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I 'feel' any difference in scalp itch or sebum tomorrow I'll let you guys know. If you don't hear from me, it means the stuff killed me.

Good news... I'm still alive.

maver1ck

Reaction score
Good news... I'm still alive.

Great news. So how many new hairs did you wake up with this morning? :D

Lol but in all seriousness are you still going with the topical/oral approach? Remember reading you were gonna do both. Youre electing for just topical now?

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how would you even take this stuff orally? :D Sprinkle it on your food like salt?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering how would you even take this stuff orally? :D Sprinkle it on your food like salt?

Boil it, mash it, stick in a stew?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great news. So how many new hairs did you wake up with this morning? :D

Lol but in all seriousness are you still going with the topical/oral approach? Remember reading you were gonna do both. Youre electing for just topical now?

I need to get some pill capsules first. 600mg is too much to fill a single capsule, I have a feeling I'll be forced to take around 50mg of it. What I'll end up doing is taking oral SETI in the morning and topical SETI at night, this way I should be inhibiting PGD2 round the clock.

I should mention, that my batch of SETI turned really murky overnight (noticed when I got up from bed). Last night it was a clear yellow colour and now its like foggy and the stuff seemed to have clumped back together a little. Not sure what this means.

maver1ck

Reaction score
I need to get some pill capsules first. 600mg is too much to fill a single capsule, I have a feeling I'll be forced to take around 50mg of it. What I'll end up doing is taking oral SETI in the morning and topical SETI at night, this way I should be inhibiting PGD2 round the clock.

I should mention, that my batch of SETI turned really murky overnight (noticed when I got up from bed). Last night it was a clear yellow colour and now its like foggy and the stuff seemed to have clumped back together a little. Not sure what this means.

Do you think its because the efficacy of a topical solution is not a viable option? Isnt Kythera going to release seti as an oral antagonist. Ill probably end up doing 150mg orally everyday to start. By the time I get my batch you trailblazers will have already figured out the most effective plan of action.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
+1

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think its because the efficacy of a topical solution is not a viable option? Isnt Kythera going to release seti as an oral antagonist. Ill probably end up doing 150mg orally everyday to start. By the time I get my batch you trailblazers will have already figured out the most effective plan of action.

Not sure. The original clinical trials for setipiprant were focused on oral application, I would imagine kythera would need to stick to that protocol... i think a topical treatment would mean the FDA would force them to start over from scratch. I should mention though the ethanol/PG vehicle isnt always best, and I may try something else. Also my PG is about 1 year old... im not sure if it degrades overtime and would have something to do with it (I'll have to test it in ethanol alone).

Worst case scenario will be that I'll need to make daily batches of this stuff; NOT IDEAL.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
I've never asked you a single question or even posted a single thing regarding this product.

I just think you're coming off a little aggressive when people are just asking you questions because they have some hope that this may work for them. Also those questions I posted were not because I was asking you those questions, but to show you that there are plenty of other things that can be discussed besides long term growth/maintenance.

If it bothers you that much, maybe just don't post in these threads or answer the PMs until you feel you have something to share with the people who are curious. You'd think someone who is battling male pattern baldness would be a bit more sympathetic and understanding of peoples curiosity, even if they are jumping the gun a bit.

Anwyays, those are my 2 cents... I don't want to derail the thread further so I'll leave it at that.

Is this a joke? I'm annoyed with the questions he's been asked, and I'm not him... How would you like to donate your time and money to someone, and explain to them you can't make it until December, but then from June till the day you arrive to help getting 5 phone calls a day asking where you're at?

Hes here to help not be pestered, if people can't help but pester maybe it's them that should stay off these forums!

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
I've filled about 250 capsules manually with my first 25g.

150mg inside the first 5 and the rest evenly distributed inside the remaining caps, for two annoying hours. Everything is now stored inside an empty bottle which contained a previous medication. Voilà !

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've filled about 250 capsules manually with my first 25g.

150mg inside the first 5 and the rest evenly distributed inside the remaining caps, for two annoying hours. Everything is now stored inside an empty bottle which contained a previous medication. Voilà !

Can you tell us more about the capsules? Cost, where to buy, what kind, a link for online purchase, etc?

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you tell us more about the capsules? Cost, where to buy, what kind, a link for online purchase, etc?

I bought them from a local pharmacy for 0.08€ each, a bit expensive but I'd like to reduce the number of suspicious packages as I live with my girlfriend and she doesn't know about my experiments ^^"

Well, it cost me 20€ and they contain about 150mg when filled to the max. So I weighed 100mg and put about the same amount of stuff in each of them. In the end I had nothing left so even if there is 80mg in some and 120mg in others, I'll still use the 25g in about 250 days !

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought them from a local pharmacy for 0.08€ each, a bit expensive but I'd like to reduce the number of suspicious packages as I live with my girlfriend and she doesn't know about my experiments ^^"

Well, it cost me 20€ and they contain about 150mg when filled to the max. So I weighed 100mg and put about the same amount of stuff in each of them. In the end I had nothing left so even if there is 80mg in some and 120mg in others, I'll still use the 25g in about 250 days !

Correct me if i am wrong.... You buy the pills at a local pharmacy and its like seti ? What brand and name has the pills? :book:

whatwhat

Reaction score
Correct me if i am wrong.... You buy the pills at a local pharmacy and its like seti ? What brand and name has the pills? :book:
He's talking about buying the empty pill capsules from the pharmacy and filling them with the seti (which he obtained from somewhere else)

Mako17

Banned
Reaction score
You can get the empty capsules at vitamin Shoppe if you have one near you. I think the biggest size is the 00

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Some Capsules are time release and some are extremely hard to digest and you might get the full effect of the medicine.

With supplements I will take the capsule apart and add it to my drink. In this case would it be best to take the capsule apart to consume?

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with gelatin capsules, they should be very easily digestible.