Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Got Seti around summer last year and tried for a while. didn't help a whole lot and the vehicle I applied was very sticky and annoying so stuck with RU/Adenogen instead.

Fast forward to this year, RU wasn't working so added this back in, doing a different vehicle that dries fast and trying 2x a day. Itch is reduced and shed is reduced a little.

2x/day @ 2.5%. Higher percent is ideal but its the most I can afford since I have diffuse so I'm applying a lot.

Oral castor oil and adenogen have probably helped the most, though I'm still losing as those don't fix the problem.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Got Seti around summer last year and tried for a while. didn't help a whole lot and the vehicle I applied was very sticky and annoying so stuck with RU/Adenogen instead.

Fast forward to this year, RU wasn't working so added this back in, doing a different vehicle that dries fast and trying 2x a day. Itch is reduced and shed is reduced a little.

2x/day @ 2.5%. Higher percent is ideal but its the most I can afford since I have diffuse so I'm applying a lot.

Oral castor oil and adenogen have probably helped the most, though I'm still losing as those don't fix the problem.

how is your hair after aplying ru? I used to get a lot of flakes... Also about adenogen, you mean shiseido adenogen or some other brand?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
how is your hair after aplying ru? I used to get a lot of flakes... Also about adenogen, you mean shiseido adenogen or some other brand?

The dandruff will depend on your vehicle more than the actual RU, but yes I do get that sometimes.

Yes Shishedo adenogen, it contains low dose adenosine which helps thicken the existing hair follicles.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything vasodilating seems to mess with my ears, which pretty much proves they go systemic. Both Minoxidil and Adenosine make my ears start pulsating intermittently. Quite uncomfortable and distracting.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So a bit of good news and some minor bad news

Good news is I upped my Seti dose to 1.5g recently. I can absolute notice the positive effects from it, the tiny vellus hairs are starting to get pigmented and I can see lots of the growing out. Also hair on top of head that was thinning is getting super thick now.

The bad news is now that I upped the dose to 1.5g, I've noticed to minor sides.

First is dry eyes. Not really a big deal and minor for me. Staring at a computer screen for too long can be quite a bit uncomfortable.

The second is dry facial skin and grey dead skin complexion which is a bit more annoying.

I forgot who else mentioned it, but someone on this forum mentioned the same sides ie. dry eyes and grey skin complexion.

Last edited:

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First some background. Ive tried finasteride, duta, ru, cb all for longer amount of time without succes.

After reading @westonci thread i decided to buy 100gram of seti (800$ from kane).

Dosage: 2x500mg for a week now.

Results: for the first time in years i am not pulling out hairs so easily. It seems to finally make me shed less.

Problem: i get a raging heart and i can't sleep. When i lie in bed i feel my heart pounding loud and rapidly. Like i did some extreme sport or something.

Needles to say i need to stop. From being so happy after years i feel bad once again.

My question: anybody who tried seti and got the same side effect?

(I am going to test my batch)

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First some background. Ive tried finasteride, duta, ru, cb all for longer amount of time without succes.

After reading @westonci thread i decided to buy 100gram of seti (800$ from kane).

Dosage: 2x500mg for a week now.

Results: for the first time in years i am not pulling out hairs so easily. It seems to finally make me shed less.

Problem: i get a raging heart and i can't sleep. When i lie in bed i feel my heart pounding loud and rapidly. Like i did some extreme sport or something.

Needles to say i need to stop. From being so happy after years i feel bad once again.

My question: anybody who tried seti and got the same side effect?

(I am going to test my batch)

shitty kane stuff..... Keep us in the loop what came out of the test....

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no one on ******** has had that side with seti and it was not listed as a side on Kytheras Adverse Events powerpoint slide.

lDeR4OT.png

yea def get it tested.

I used clearvisions seti from reddit for about a month and i felt like sh*t on it and got grey skin complexion. Switched back to ******** seti and absolutely no sides.

Last edited:

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
westonci, lol, are you that guy from r/tressless who was spending thousands of dollars on hair loss treatment with questionable effectiveness? Why don't you just do a hair transplant? There are very cheap clinics in Turkey with high quality works and with many positive reviews, if the cost is important factor for you. Dr. Emrah Cinik, for example, takes only 2100 euro for hair transplant.

You are seriously restrict yourself, concentrating only on one treatment, wich is seems to be not that effective, but at the same time very expensive.

Last edited:

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
westonci, lol, are you that guy from r/tressless who was spending thousands of dollars on hair loss treatment with questionable effectiveness? Why don't you just do an hair transplant? There are very cheap clinics in Turkey with high quality works and with many positive reviews, if the cost is important factor for you. Dr. Emrah Cinik, for example, takes only 2100 euro for hair transplant.

You are seriously restrict yourself, concentrating only on one treatment, wich is seems to be not that effective, but at the same time very expensive.

Just read his thread on this site,questionable effectiveness isn't questionable anymore :) And this is effective,but expensive.
But yeah,why didn't he get a hair transplant? Maybe poor donor area ?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's an experimental drug it's not in the market yet of course it's going to be really expensive

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
westonci, lol, are you that guy from r/tressless who was spending thousands of dollars on hair loss treatment with questionable effectiveness? Why don't you just do a hair transplant? There are very cheap clinics in Turkey with high quality works and with many positive reviews, if the cost is important factor for you. Dr. Emrah Cinik, for example, takes only 2100 euro for hair transplant.

I dont understand it either. You could get 5k of hair grafts for the price being paid for seti. Thats coverage for life and zero sides!

People say there is no cure but FUE now is a brilliant alternative if done by a good surgeon. Keep your head covered forever with good density.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand it either. You could get 5k of hair grafts for the price being paid for seti. Thats coverage for life and zero sides!

People say there is no cure but FUE now is a brilliant alternative if done by a good surgeon. Keep your head covered forever with good density.

You clearly don't understand how Hair transplant works. With hair transplant you do not recover any hair, simple move a follicle from a place to another of you hair, plus the donor zone is very limit plus it always lives scar, meaning that shave it as last resource will not longer be an option.
And this is, of course, if you get a good hair transplant. IF you get a bad one, it can really, really, f*** your life.