Seti Alternative. Testing Plant Derivative

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for those that dont know. indole-3-Acetic Acid which widely available and is derived from plants and is responsible for growth in plants is a crth2 antagonist just like seti.

Way cheaper. Way easier to get. Obviously pharma wont be interested in a non patentable product.

I plan on buying 100 grams and dissolving in ethanol and applying this to my scalp in a week. Just ordered the stuff. I am also on 1gram of sulfasalazine a day. And will be taking 1ml of castor oil a day wirh topical miconazole application. For those using castor oil topically still. Promise you it wont work. Only its metabolites will work. So it need to go through the liver.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16190744

Anyways. Ill be updating this thread here and there with my results

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
This is kind of interesting, defiantly worth a punt. Where are you going to source yours from?

scaredaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
So for those that dont know. indole-3-Acetic Acid which widely available and is derived from plants and is responsible for growth in plants is a crth2 antagonist just like seti.

Way cheaper. Way easier to get. Obviously pharma wont be interested in a non patentable product.

I plan on buying 100 grams and dissolving in ethanol and applying this to my scalp in a week. Just ordered the stuff. I am also on 1gram of sulfasalazine a day. And will be taking 1ml of castor oil a day wirh topical miconazole application. For those using castor oil topically still. Promise you it wont work. Only its metabolites will work. So it need to go through the liver.

Where’d you buy it from?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m very interested in this good work! Keep us updated with how you go! I’d be adding dermastaping as well. You’ll no it’s getting in there. Has anyone tried topical dose of seti?

R_gesus

Reaction score
I could not get access to the full paper, how good of a pgd2 inhibitor is this? As an aside I’m not really a biology guy, so maybe I’m not fully understanding the whole pgd2 crth2 pathway thing.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where’d you buy it from?
Got it from amazon through a chem company.

I’m very interested in this good work! Keep us updated with how you go! I’d be adding dermastaping as well. You’ll no it’s getting in there. Has anyone tried topical dose of seti?
I am thinking of getting a dermapen they seem like effective ways of dermarolling

Anyways it suppose to arrive today a little concerned about it safety profile. It isnt apprently toxic to ibgest but then i read reports of it being carcinogenic. But then again if this is an abubdant plant hormone. Wouldnt many of our plants have this. Low doses might be safe. Will keep you guys updated.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Further research has shown that this chemical is a plant hormone found in fruits and is a human metabolite and is found in low amount in urine. It is a metabolite of tryptophan.

I know this hormone has an influence over hair color. I will only test this on a small part of hair for a month and see if i see any improvements

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think sulfasalazine worsened some peoples hairloss in some cases.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think sulfasalazine worsened some peoples hairloss in some cases.

Maybe so. Messing with prostaglandins means messing with hair cycles which can the follicle to keep shedding if consistency is a problem. Also sulfa seems to inhibit certain things that are necessary for hair. I plan on going to 500mg a day

Right now coconut on my head for its lauric acid content. and castor oil have made my shed feel normal. I shed at most 20 hairs a day which i feel is a healthy non balding normal amount. I also take high dose niacin with flush cause i love the feeling and cause I am testing something. People think niacin either flushes pgd2. Or it flushes and makes more.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I promis you topical castor oil won't work"

Yeah of course, nobody ever got results on CO + Dmso..