Selling premixed KY19382. Also, how not to conduct a group buy

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Edit: All products are currently sold out, but more are coming. Based on customer feedback, I'm discontinuing the 0.018% and producing a 0.072% concentration.

In July, I tried to organize a group buy of KY19382. It was the first one I'd ever organized, and it fell flat. The expected turnout was too ambitious, the process was too complicated, and previous KY group buys where users saw no results undoubtedly caused people to lose confidence in KY19382 as a drug candidate. The project was only able to continue by switching to a cheaper KY19382 supplier, Wuhan Hengheda Pharm Co, whose prices were so low that I suspected the product might be fake until I read comments by other members of this forum who ordered from them. There were shipping delays due to COVID, and it took a while to prepare the formulation in a way in which the KY19382 was able to be dissolved. But recently, products were shipped to those who had signed up and were still interested.

KY19382 isn't for human consumption, and the products I'm selling here are intended for to be used for research, not for any medical or diagnostic purposes. But I think, despite the previous unsuccessful KY group buys, it's a promising drug candidate if it can be formulated correctly. I've tried my best to make the prices affordable to those wishing to conduct research on it:

Prices
-KY19382 0.018% solution 30mL - $20 per bottle plus shipping (sold out, discontinued)
-KY19382 0.036% solution 30mL - $25 per bottle plus shipping (sold out)
-KY19382 0.072% solution 30mL - $20 per bottle plus shipping (coming soon)
-KY19382 powder - $1-$2 per milligram, depending on the quantity ordered

Paypal is accepted, just DM me. Alternatively, I set up a web store, kyresearchshop.com, as part of one of my classes. Buy from there, and I'll probably get a better grade.

About the formula
Just as planned, the molecule was formulated based on this paper, "A Mixed Micellar Formulation for the Transdermal Delivery of an Induribin Analog," which found that KY19382 complexed with (2-hydroxypropyl)-β-cyclodextrin (a solubility enhancer) and dissolved in a vehicle of Kolliphor EL, Tween 80 and PEG 400 was stable at room temperature for the entire duration of the three-month test, and that this formula had the best transdermal permeability of any tested.

Last edited:

gman95

My Regimen
Reaction score
hype will build up for KY again. Selling premix is smart

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In July, I tried to organize a group buy of KY19382. It was the first one I'd ever organized, and it fell flat. The expected turnout was too ambitious, the process was too complicated, and previous KY group buys where users saw no results undoubtedly caused people to lose confidence in KY19382 as a drug candidate. The project was only able to continue by switching to a cheaper KY19382 supplier, Wuhan Hengheda Pharm Co, whose prices were so low that I suspected the product might be fake until I read comments by other members of this forum who ordered from them. There were shipping delays due to COVID, and it took a while to prepare the formulation in a way in which the KY19382 was able to be dissolved. But recently, products were shipped to those who had signed up and were still interested.

KY19382 isn't for human consumption, and the products I'm selling here are intended for to be used for research, not for any medical or diagnostic purposes. But I think, despite the previous unsuccessful KY group buys, it's a promising drug candidate if it can be formulated correctly. I've tried my best to make the prices affordable to those wishing to conduct research on it:

Prices
-KY19382 0.018% solution 30mL (the same as was used in the mouse studies) - $20 per bottle plus shipping
-KY19382 0.036% solution 30mL (double what was used in the mouse studies) - $25 per bottle plus shipping
-KY19382 powder - $1-$2 per milligram, depending on the quantity ordered

Paypal is accepted, just DM me. Alternatively, I set up a web store, kyresearchshop.com, as part of one of my classes. Buy from there, and I'll probably get a better grade.

About the formula
Just as planned, the molecule was formulated based on this paper, "A Mixed Micellar Formulation for the Transdermal Delivery of an Induribin Analog," which found that KY19382 complexed with (2-hydroxypropyl)-β-cyclodextrin (a solubility enhancer) and dissolved in a vehicle of Kolliphor EL, Tween 80 and PEG 400 was stable at room temperature for the entire duration of the three-month test, and that this formula had the best transdermal permeability of any tested.

If it sells out, don't worry - I'll make more.
do you think wnt agonist can lead to skin sides like minoxidil or should it do the opposite ( regenerating skin ) ? thanks

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think wnt agonist can lead to skin sides like minoxidil or should it do the opposite ( regenerating skin ) ? thanks
You mean premature skin aging? The evidence behind this is anecdotal. Wnt signaling is critical to the skin regeneration process, and in theory Wnt agonists could be used to accelerate this process. But I don't think that KY19382 would necessarily be helpful with this as the protein interaction it targets occurs mostly in the hair follicles of those susceptible to hair loss.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean premature skin aging? The evidence behind this is anecdotal. Wnt signaling is critical to the skin regeneration process, and in theory Wnt agonists could be used to accelerate this process. But I don't think that KY19382 would necessarily be helpful with this as the protein interaction it targets occurs mostly in the hair follicles of those susceptible to hair loss.
thanks so it means in theory that ky would be more in the beneficial sides of things for skin aging than in the negative like pge2/fa analogus stimulant?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
FT: What’s the status of the KY19382 candidate for hair regeneration as of September 2021?

KYC: Currently, preclinical trials were completed and formulation development are under progress. We are also consulting with experts for better clinical research

KY has some potential but Dr. Choi and his team haven't found the formulation for the compound yet. So far, everyone I talked to who used it didn't get any results. I think there is something missing in the way it should be used. Good luck with your trial. Make sure you report to Dr Choi if you get any results. You may be eligible for a reward as it's a very hard problem to solve even for experts in the field.

Keep in mind that the powder is red so you may have an issue sporting a red scalp everyday.

Finally, You are selling KY for $1 or $2 for 1 mg? KY sells for $400 per gram at this time from the same lab you are referring to. So your profit is 60 cents to $1.60 per mg. Not a bad for a new venture.

>>> If it sells out, don't worry - I'll make more.

No worries here. I trust that part of your post. With these margins, why not?

Last edited:

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
FT: What’s the status of the KY19382 candidate for hair regeneration as of September 2021?

KYC: Currently, preclinical trials were completed and formulation development are under progress. We are also consulting with experts for better clinical research

KY has some potential but Dr. Choi and his team haven't found the formulation for the compound yet. So far, everyone I talked to who used it didn't get any results. I think there is something missing in the way it should be used. Good luck with your trial. Make sure you report to Dr Choi if you get any results. You may be eligible for a reward as it's a very hard problem to solve even for experts in the field.

Keep in mind that the powder is red so you may have an issue sporting a red scalp everyday.

Finally, You are selling KY for $1 or $2 for 1 mg? KY sells for $400 per gram at this time from the same lab you are referring to. So your profit is 60 cents to $1.60 per mg. Not a bad for a new venture.

>>> If it sells out, don't worry - I'll make more.

No worries here. I trust that part of your post. With these margins, why not?
The Kolliphor based formula isn't ideal, but it's the best we've got to work with. You can bet that if a newer formula is published, I'm going to replicate it.

It's also true that even a small amount of KY adds a red tinge to anything it's mixed with. You could imagine a future where KY19382 is the first approved drug for hair regeneration, with slick bald men walking around with pink heads.

I'm not sure if you're suggesting that I shouldn't charge extra to recoup my costs, but if I sold KY powder at $1.5 per milligram, I'd have to sell 266 milligrams in order to break even, assuming I had no other costs. 266 milligrams is an obscenely large amount. This isn't going to be profitable anytime soon.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, well you're honest.

But I think testing this should be imperative if you're going to sell a premixed version. Want to make sure it's actually KY right.

The indifference to testing something that you will be using on your own body for months to come (or even worse selling to others) is... worrying to say the least.

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want people to read this thread and have baseless doubts about the legitimacy of the suppliers. When you shop for research chemicals, you can pay for a test, or you can pay a trustworthy vendor. It turns out, Wuhan Hengheda Pharm Co is fairly reputable, despite my initial impressions.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
5.4mg per 30oz bottle at 40 cents per mg cost. Your cost is $2.16 per bottle for the KY, and I'll be generous and say 1.50 for the solvents and bottle. That leaves you with $16.34 profit per bottle. That's a lot more reasonable than the last time you tried to do this, but don't lie and say you're not making a profit and doing this out of the kindness of your heart. You're probably making a profit on shipping too. Even on the raw powder you're making 150-500% profit, and all you have to do is rebag it. That's what I call a nice margin. I have no problem with you trying to make a profit, but be honest about it

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
5.4mg per 30oz bottle at 40 cents per mg cost. Your cost is $2.16 per bottle for the KY, and I'll be generous and say 1.50 for the solvents and bottle. That leaves you with $16.34 profit per bottle. That's a lot more reasonable than the last time you tried to do this, but don't lie and say you're not making a profit and doing this out of the kindness of your heart. You're probably making a profit on shipping too. Even on the raw powder you're making 150-500% profit, and all you have to do is rebag it. That's what I call a nice margin. I have no problem with you trying to make a profit, but be honest about it
Man, you've gotta relax, and now I've gotta reply or else I'll look like a liar. I think you missed the point I made to John Difool. The unit costs are low, yes, but they mean nothing if I can't sell the quantity that I bought. To sell all 500mg of KY I bought, the minimum order, I'd need to sell 92 bottles. It's never going to happen.

Looking at our total costs instead of unit costs helps to put this in perspective. At current pricing, in order to recoup the price of the KY alone, $260, I'd need to sell 13 bottles. Not impossible, but now we get to our other fixed costs. This project required a bunch of expensive equipment that I didn't have. A high precision lab balance (for weighing the KY), a tissue grinder (for kneading the KY and cyclodextrin in a solvent to form an inclusion complex), a vacuum chamber and vacuum pump (for efficiently drying the KY-cyclodextrin complex), and multiple smaller purchases. These things add up. All told, the equipment bill was around $450.

I'd like to be able to sell enough to break even here, but I doubt that I'll be able to. This doesn't mean that people should buy from me just to help out. I'll be fine financially, and the original purpose of this project has already been fulfilled. If I ever come close to breaking even, you can bet that the prices will come down.

Respectfully

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is not the vehicle....Maybe the WNT angle is just sh*t for hair....It's a possibility ! Maybe Dr choi" could share some news about a possible vehicle ? I'm lossing hope on the WNT way. SM Failed, WAY failed, and KY appear to fail too.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, you've gotta relax, and now I've gotta reply or else I'll look like a liar. I think you missed the point I made to John Difool. The unit costs are low, yes, but they mean nothing if I can't sell the quantity that I bought. To sell all 500mg of KY I bought, the minimum order, I'd need to sell 92 bottles. It's never going to happen.

Looking at our total costs instead of unit costs helps to put this in perspective. At current pricing, in order to recoup the price of the KY alone, $260, I'd need to sell 13 bottles. Not impossible, but now we get to our other fixed costs. This project required a bunch of expensive equipment that I didn't have. A high precision lab balance (for weighing the KY), a tissue grinder (for kneading the KY and cyclodextrin in a solvent to form an inclusion complex), a vacuum chamber and vacuum pump (for efficiently drying the KY-cyclodextrin complex), and multiple smaller purchases. These things add up. All told, the equipment bill was around $450.

I'd like to be able to sell enough to break even here, but I doubt that I'll be able to. This doesn't mean that people should buy from me just to help out. I'll be fine financially, and the original purpose of this project has already been fulfilled. If I ever come close to breaking even, you can bet that the prices will come down.

Respectfully
How much are you charging per hour for labor?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
We're not commies and OP won't get rich from this endeavour, I don't care about him making some profit.

I think it's a great option for people who aren't good at mixing and have no idea what to do or who are just lazy lol.

Thanks to OP more people will trial KY now and maybe we'll see some results.
OR nobody gets results because his mixing sucks OR because WNT approach is not going to work ‍

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish people would understand the Wnt pathway is complex, and these drugs only target one aspect of it, or in this case 2.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
$20 for something that doesn't work is questionable. Give to the red cross instead.KY has been tested and I used it. Nada, zip, nothing. Promising sure, when Choi and his team get back to us with the right way to use it. It may not even be topical.

I am starting to suspect that you are the same person posting behind a few accounts on HairLossTalk.com. First the one impersonating me to give your arguments more credibility, then this sudden support for KY seems a bit suspiciously timed while your inclination has been always to critic every drug that came out of a mouse study. Suddenly KY that has demonstrated zero results and produced by.a Chinese lab is worth trying out?

The best way to find out is for you and your alter ego to try this elixir, and report results in 6 months.

Last edited:

NorwoodCultist1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is not the vehicle....Maybe the WNT angle is just sh*t for hair....It's a possibility ! Maybe Dr choi" could share some news about a possible vehicle ? I'm lossing hope on the WNT way. SM Failed, WAY failed, and KY appear to fail too.

OR nobody gets results because his mixing sucks OR because WNT approach is not going to work ‍
I hope very, very much that this isn't true.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
And no one who used it known or.unknown never reported it worked. The plot is thickening...

Yesterday you turned down no profit group buys on compounds that you believe won't work based on your intuition. Today you are supporting an elixir sold with a high profit margin from some newly registered user, that even the researcher wrote has no solution to work on humans yet and suddenly it's the magic formulae everyone should try? Are you bipolar or just posting when you are drunk?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We all do but @pegasus2 is right too, it's not simple. Choi and his team seem competent but we've been burned a lot before.
What I appreciate about real researchers is that they are NOT rushing to bottle KY and try to make a buck selling in on the grey market with high profit. Only scammers do that.