Seems Like Bee Venom Has Completely Halted My Hair Loss And Stopped The Itch.

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
There is actual science behind this and I have been experimenting with it since December. I bought it off Amazon and there are a number of different brands with different additional ingredients outside of just pure venom so it's hard to evaluate which is best.

It's worth a shot if you a desperate, I was shedding horribly and this stopped my loss. After two months of usage I started getting finasteride like sides so I have cut way back and that's the problem with our broscience we don't know about sides and dosage...but worth trying.

resu

Reaction score
Bee Venom Promotes Hair Growth in Association with Inhibiting 5α-Reductase Expression.

Abstract
Alopecia is an important issue that can occur in people of all ages. Recent studies show that bee venom can be used to treat certain diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, neuralgia, and multiple sclerosis. In this study, we investigated the preventive effect of bee venom on alopecia, which was measured by applying bee venom (0.001, 0.005, 0.01%) or minoxidil (2%) as a positive control to the dorsal skin of female C57BL/6 mice for 19 d. Growth factors responsible for hair growth were analyzed by quantitative real-time PCR and Western blot analysis using mice skins and human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs). Bee venom promoted hair growth and inhibited transition from the anagen to catagen phase. In both anagen phase mice and dexamethasone-induced catagen phase mice, hair growth was increased dose dependently compared with controls. Bee venom inhibited the expression of SRD5A2, which encodes a type II 5α-reductase that plays a major role in the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. Moreover, bee venom stimulated proliferation of hDPCs and several growth factors (insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-1R), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), fibroblast growth factor (FGF)2 and 7) in bee venom-treated hDPCs dose dependently compared with the control group. In conclusion, bee venom is a potentially potent 5α-reductase inhibitor and hair growth promoter.

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I gave it a shot and it stopped my loss. I apply it topically. Tried everything over past 20 years and nothing else has done what this has done.

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, you've tried different products for 20 years and eventually something like bee venom (which is not even expensive) works for you, amazing.
This is very interesting because I use the same thing on my face, along with other ingredients such as snail secretion filtrate.
Do you also use something like that?
The way you describe it, it sounds like it has actually stopped your hair loss.

1. How long did it take before you started noticing that the hair loss has stopped?
2. Have you seen any regrowth? even though maintaining is all I need right now, still curious.
3. after the side effects arrived, did you manage to find out what is the right dosage for you?

It is indeed broscience, but who knows maybe you discovered something.

resu

Reaction score
In the study they mention the concentrations on mice but not the vehicle, how much are you even applying?

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im stoked to see its worked for you as I just brought some pure bee venom powder not long ago since RU seemed to stop working so thought id give it a go. Its water soluable, I made up 100ml solution, .006g powder, 95ml water, 5ml Glycern and added .75gm Gluconolactone and Sodium Benzoate mix, and also .15gm Potassium Sorbate for preservatives. Here in NZ its $65 for 100mg of pure powder.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
but how many bees died in the making of this product?

ugh bald men are EVIL

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
1.sides- didn't really begin until after about two months and they are brain fog, slow beard growth, no morning wood...which leads me to believe it's become a systemic anti androgen after consistent application.

2. Dosage- no idea whatsoever, literally apply a quarter of an inch or so to temples and top

3. Regrowth- no I don't think I have gotten regrowth but do have cessation of loss

I have no idea guys, I think it's worth trying and the more that try the better broscience results we will have and the better determination we can make. Does this suck yes, I wish we had a big pharma study with a million participant double blind study over 10 years with exact dosage, results and no sides but unfortunately we do not...so we resort to things like this. I hated the finasteride sides and now I am getting similar but less severe sides from this, so who knows. Good luck to all!

resu

Reaction score
They sell many creams with this stuff, the powder isn't that cheap specially with extra customs chargers.

I don't know if mixing with water is a good way to make it reach the follicles but I can't find sources on how to make a custom serum or cream.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you used finasteride before?

If yes, how do you compare the sides on finasteride and the bee venom sides? Do you think bee venom is more "cost effective" in terms of sides?

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Venex from Amazon but there are a ton to choose from and I am really curious to see others use this, I'm telling you this sh*t halts the loss and removes itch for me. Obviously don't use if you're allergic to bees.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Venex from Amazon but there are a ton to choose from and I am really curious to see others use this, I'm telling you this sh*t halts the loss and removes itch for me. Obviously don't use if you're allergic to bees.

Thanks for sharing. I might try it as I'm off all meds currently so I have nothing to loose. Do you know if this stuff is supposed to be safe for long term usage?
If you don't mind giving some more information regarding this, like how much of the ointment are you using per application and how often you use it per week. Thanks :)