Scientists In The Netherlands May Have Found The Key To Reversing Hair Loss

Goil

My Regimen
Reaction score
he he :p

solange-leah-fell-heizkissen_855660200_800x600_e9639f04a97f4cc0dd0836872e3f51ba.jpg

He needs hair too. :D
what is this thing? ^^

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So what? So would anti dht meds. If they didn't what would be the point?
Why the f*** would you need finasteride to go systemic if the problem is in the scalp?
If you need to go systemic with anti androgens it means hairloss cannot be solved unless you want to become a tranny.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1 ml at 5% is more than enough.

It's impossible to cover the scalp with 1 ml, and we need to apply treatments on the entire potetial balding area aka the entire scalp for a male.

I don't believe in this "stopping the domino effect" bullshit.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's impossible to cover the scalp with 1 ml, and we need to apply treatments on the entire potetial balding area aka the entire scalp for a male.

I don't believe in this "stopping the domino effect" bullshit.

It's not a domino effect lol, minoxidil just goes systemic.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone even in the same zipcode as "the know" can tell you this will not work on people for hairloss. It sounds like the idea of this curing male pattern baldness is a spin the author of the article put on it.

Androgenetic Alopecia happens due to an inherited sensitivity of the hair follicle to male hormones and it eventually leads to the destruction of the follicle.

So reversing senescent cells might make you look young again, but it's not going to raise organs from the dead.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/understanding-androgenetic-alopecia.89309/

Finasteride primarily does not regrow hair, even though it eliminates dht, because a critical mass of cells has become senescent.

It's not a domino effect lol, minoxidil just goes systemic.

And actually senescent cells are known to deteriorate neighbouring cells.

So technically he is not completely wrong, but still far from right. ;)

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.cell.com/cell/abstract/S0092-8674(17)30246-5

The accumulation of irreparable cellular damage restricts healthspan after acute stress or natural aging. Senescent cells are thought to impair tissue function, and their genetic clearance can delay features of aging. Identifying how senescent cells avoid apoptosis allows for the prospective design of anti-senescence compounds to address whether homeostasis can also be restored. Here, we identify FOXO4 as a pivot in senescent cell viability. We designed a FOXO4 peptide that perturbs the FOXO4 interaction with p53. In senescent cells, this selectively causes p53 nuclear exclusion and cell-intrinsic apoptosis. Under conditions where it was well tolerated in vivo, this FOXO4 peptide neutralized doxorubicin-induced chemotoxicity. Moreover, it restored fitness, fur density, and renal function in both fast aging XpdTTD/TTD and naturally aged mice. Thus, therapeutic targeting of senescent cells is feasible under conditions where loss of health has already occurred, and in doing so tissue homeostasis can effectively be restored.

H

Reaction score
Aging does cause hair loss but it does not cause male pattern baldness.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.cell.com/cell/abstract/S0092-8674(17)30246-5

The accumulation of irreparable cellular damage restricts healthspan after acute stress or natural aging. Senescent cells are thought to impair tissue function, and their genetic clearance can delay features of aging. Identifying how senescent cells avoid apoptosis allows for the prospective design of anti-senescence compounds to address whether homeostasis can also be restored. Here, we identify FOXO4 as a pivot in senescent cell viability. We designed a FOXO4 peptide that perturbs the FOXO4 interaction with p53. In senescent cells, this selectively causes p53 nuclear exclusion and cell-intrinsic apoptosis. Under conditions where it was well tolerated in vivo, this FOXO4 peptide neutralized doxorubicin-induced chemotoxicity. Moreover, it restored fitness, fur density, and renal function in both fast aging XpdTTD/TTD and naturally aged mice. Thus, therapeutic targeting of senescent cells is feasible under conditions where loss of health has already occurred, and in doing so tissue homeostasis can effectively be restored.

Im tired of hearing about irreparable damage, when we have guys going female and growing fantastic hair:

regrowthhhhhhh.jpg

What gives? If these guys are growing their hair back by going full women, after years of being bald, where is the irrepairable damage? And how isn't male pattern baldness just androgens attacking the scalp?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does hormone tx in transgenders cause loss of male typical body hair, ie, chest and back? Just curious.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They keep experimenting on mice yet it never works on humans. Why the hell do they do this to us!?

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
All progressive illnesses will correlate in severity of symptoms with age, hence the misconception.

Well said. However, someone on here (pretty sure it was Swoop) posted some convincing studies a while back suggesting that accumulating damage on the follicles is not a good model of the condition, but rather there is age dependency (in individuals with balding genes, of course). The study involved old eunuchs and young eunuchs (presumably with Androgenetic Alopecia genetics?) injected with testosterone and the older individuals lost way more hair. It also seems to me that if a "cumulative damage" theory of Androgenetic Alopecia were true, then the late teens and 20s would be when a male loses more hair than any other time in his life. Hair loss can certainly be aggressive in those years for some, but even in those individuals their condition doesn't get better as androgens decrease. Thoughts?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where the hell are all these eunuchs they dig up for male pattern baldness studies?? I guess I thought they existed only in memory from biblical times and ancient cultures or on Game of Thrones, why the hell are guys still having their genitals lopped off?

BTW

Established Member
Reaction score
Where the hell are all these eunuchs they dig up for male pattern baldness studies?? I guess I thought they existed only in memory from biblical times and ancient cultures or on Game of Thrones, why the hell are guys still having their genitals lopped off?

ottomans had eunuchs to guard the concubines of the sultan, some people in africa still chop genitals as form of punishment, there are genetic disorders of the gonads that make you practically an eunuch

H

Reaction score
The man does have a nice head of hair however, in order for hair loss to be quite noticeable one has to lose roughly 50% of his hair. Although he has no signs of recession or widows peak upon closer analysis I bet you would find he has maybe 75 to 80% of the follicles he had as a teen.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The man does have a nice head of hair however, in order for hair loss to be quite noticeable one has to lose roughly 50% of his hair. Although he has no signs of recession or widows peak upon closer analysis I bet you would find he has maybe 75 to 80% of the follicles he had as a teen.

Give me a break. That guy has better hair than 90% of 20 year olds out there at age 65

The % of lost hairs is irrelevant by all intended purposes, he has fantastic hair, and he is using obviously a shitton of gel because im sure this guy has insane hair thickness when his hair is dry and not combed.

norton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im tired of hearing about irreparable damage, when we have guys going female and growing fantastic hair:

regrowthhhhhhh.jpg

What gives? If these guys are growing their hair back by going full women, after years of being bald, where is the irrepairable damage? And how isn't male pattern baldness just androgens attacking the scalp?

Come on, not even the same people, look close