Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rupture let us know what he says. Everyone else don' be afraid to come out of your comfort zone and ask your derm or hair dr. About this.....and if you get prp then this is a no brainer to show your dr. Male things happen guys and girls, that's the only shot we have.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't know much about the technique! And i thing they leave some needle in the scalp that disappear after 8month

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if cole takes the plundge, he can also give the word to his italian colleague. It'salways interesting for people living in europe

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive spent the evening looking this over too. So if I understand this correctly the threads that remain in your head keep the wound healing factors active and also spur collagen formation. The threads can last four to six months. I also see this is approved for almost every area on your body.
I found four clinics in my area that offer this procedure of course none of them on the scalp but I will begin calling next week and inquiring about the possibility of them doing this.
From what I've seen so far the price range is about $1,200. I live in Texas BTW

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
All it takes is for a couple of dermatologists to be on board and offer it then if it is effective then it will spread in popularity just like prp did. But we need to make this happen! Personally, I feel the longer this technology sits without being used, the tougher it will be to convince a couple derms to offer it at their practice as they may hesitate because no one else has tried this so there must be a reason. Hopefully you understand my point.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah the threads disslove on their own over time, but they are designed to remain inside the body.
It makes perfect sense. The body is trying to rebuild itself around these disturbed areas. Its like needling, but its happening all day everyday, and wont cause scar tissue to form. It also reminds me of like a skin peel or retin A type treatment, all which cause damage and forces new skin and collegen to form.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How did you find those clinic?
I just did a search for PDO threadung and in the city that i live. Several skin clinics popped up. Unfortunately my normal dermatologist doesnt offer this yet. Thats a shame because she is usually pretty open-minded when I brought up other off-the-wall topics before

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Now if anyone has an approach i should use im open to suggestions. Im already anticipating getting shot down

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
60 % global improvement... wat??!!

Yeah the whole thing is just weird as f***.

I'm more of a "chemical" hair maxer by nature. These mechanical therapies freak me out a bit. Not that I'm afraid of needles. I'm not. I've done PRP. I'm not scared of surgery either. I have a balloon implanted under my scalp now.

I just can't believe putting these weird threads in your scalp will give you massive new hair.

I'll buy it better when I see a study coming out of a more medically reputable country/institution.