SBguys forums! WTF!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yes I concur with your valid point. At face value wearing a wig has some apparent disadvantages that literally and objectively can not be overlooked. This is why I stress the fact that it is not for everyone, but to your accurate point about being socially acceptable; to be fair I suppose one could make a similar argument about societies' backwards opinion about "plugs" or a hair transparent. When I had my transplant I knew the chances were high that I'ld have to confront and deal with some uncomfortable external repercussions ie; a combination of basic human curiosity and abject disbelief from my work associates? Internally I obviously had to overcome a host of natural challenges also ie; anxiety from the anticipated backlash, and self doubts that I would not achieve a normal appearance ever again, and particularly how would this affect my work relations? Would they accept me as a regular person again or would they come to the unfair conclusion that somehow over night I turned into some sort of "weirdo." Needless to say, my post surgery experience was a complete let down and this reality led to the downward spiral and devolution of the once promising young me and the wonderful world as I knew it. By this point everyone must have speculated or worse, correctly identified my situation. Now at least from where I stood I was completely branded, damaged goods. In light of these circumstances my chances of saving face were pretty much doomed. Oddly my only means of psycho/emotional salvation came in the fibrous, synthetic form of what we fondly name a wig and rug, hair piece, hair system, etc.,.Well aware that I'ld be merely replacing one illusion with another did not make matters easier ( in retrospect I believe it may have magnified my anxiety), but for a few years it gave me enough inner security to forge ahead and helped with and wearing me manage and function behind the spectral of normalcy with some degree of success and stability. Though costly, it afforded me the luxury of satisfactorily working/performing for at least few more years (survival) The awkwardness never left me, and I simply was not equipped, forget being equipped.., I was not ready, to consider the starker and darker alternative( public chrome dome) that literally meant fully blowing my cover. I quantify and justify the ( much different from a presidential endorsement) practical value in choosing to wear this mock cosmetic anomaly to establish an omnipresent( thanx Fred) or general and paradoxical truth, that is; we lie to ourselves regularly. This is nothing to see or point out as a shameful. On a subconscious/conscious and complexly human level sometimes it is what we do in order to adapt and/or maneuver in this equally involved and evolving world. We do it for reasons we understand as well as for reasons we can not always explain and often we do it in order to feel better even for a brief moment. It is a survival mechanism so embedded in our make up that it's frequency and impulse is almost automatic. Again back to hair loss treatment (alternatives) I would be mistaken to suggest that there exists a real and permanent solution, or a cure all quick solution for Androgenetic Alopecia. There are however some sustainable and viable options available. None are necessarily inferior to the next because no ones needs or standards are never all the same. I respect anyone who tries to explore and restore their own sense of identity and happiness, and the risky measures they try come in several shapes and sizes. There is no "one size fits all" method presently available. Until I hear of a cure or solution for my M.P.B. I am resigned to wear what I can bear and accept for now that even happiness has it's limits.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I.D. Walker, paragraph breaks man, paragraph breaks!!!!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
You got it. Hair loss has made me lazy and a trifle single minded. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry pal, drinks are on me tonight.:beer::beer::beer:
unbearable walls of text

...frustrating...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's just mentally ill people supporting each other's mentall illness. These ****ing idiots make me cringe.

Says the authority on mental well being...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i notice the generally dumber folks are on sbguys forum LOL

but its no surprise really, i notice IN GENERAL, smarter people tend towards sadness

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
At least those guys are able to move on with their lives and some of them look decent, or at least better than many of us who cling to their last sad fuzzes of hair.

Seriously some of you could get some inspiration from them, since some of us can't stop our hairloss anyways, you might as well accept it instead of mourning all day long. Fact is hairloss alone doesn't disfigure a good looking man, many bald guys are actually good looking and successfull. On the other hand unlike what SB says the bald look doesn't suit every age and type of men, but I guess that most people who do nothing but grieve for their hair either had facial aesthetic problems to begin with or are a bit too vain.
I don't blame you , I myself have problems sporting the shaved look since unflattering facial changes made it look rather weird on me, or so I feel at least.

But apart from that accepting your shaved self if you think it suits you is definetely the cheapest and probably best thing to do.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
To give up...there must be a realistic chance of aquiring what you want in the first place, which for many in this forum there simply isn't. They are trapped in an endless fight they can't possibly win, not even get near winning, which will only lead to a waste of time and in the end crushing frustration.

Fred you have spent thousands of dollars and the only thing you wear is a buzz cut of 1mm since your hair is just too thin for anything else. That doesn't make much of a visual difference, you look decent with a shaved head. If you are worried about losing your pigments just get a tattoo from his hair clinic and leave it at that. Easier, cheaper and much more reasonable than dragging this out forever.

A shaved head looks definetely better than a power donut or thinning hair for 99% of all people.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
A shaved head looks definetely better than a power donut or thinning hair for 99% of all people.

Then again I am DEF AGAIN that last 1%!
I just didnt look good with a shaved head, I have a large guido nose that just become more pronounced with a shaved head. Actually quite authentic when framed by hair but on its own just horrible.

In the end, I honestly regret this thread. Its group of guys who found something they use to help themselves cope. I shouldnt have pointed against this. I was feeling down and prob not taking my pills.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You forgot my motto: some hair is always better than no hair.

If you think there is nothing out there that will help you and just give up, then you're just not a man of challenge.

You're aware I had a FUE right? Just follow the link in my signature.

I was told by countless people that it would be a mistake, but I went for it anyway. And people seem to be quite enthusiastic with my results so far.

Wait what?
But perhaps their baldness just doesnt bother them as much. I know guys who lost their hair and couldnt give a crap. I WISH i was one of them.
Yes Fred people like you and I are fighters...... or obsessive compulsive, maybe these terms are just interchangeable. And I am a bit older and much more worn than you and let me tell you my motto..... a REAL man know when to give up. You move to more attainable and prosperous goals. I wasted a LOT of time with things I shouldnt have just because I couldnt give up. Im in a job I hate, have rentals Im tired of, in a relationship I cant stand. etc etc.

Of course I know you had an FUE.... I hope that was a sarcastic question. Yours looks great so far, I wish you all the luck. I can only hope mine still turns out as good. Then again the first week and change of mine I thought I was in the clear. My hair was even still growing before my scalp reacted crazy in my temples. I dont think you will have that problem at all though. The hairs in my center front region never had a bad reaction and grew long as hell before they shed, so in time I know those should still come back.

Personally though I was in a pissy mood when I made this and just attacked them. Rained on their parade. Looking through their threads I didnt see one comment on them attacking guys for taking steps against hairloss at all. In that fact I am a hypocrite and no better than the women everyone here complains about. I have mood problems and took my anger out on another party. Is it true they all look alike..... oh hell yeah, but thats just funny.

wait a week, Ill forget my meds and become a raving angry lunatic again and we can just agree.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
You forgot my motto: some hair is always better than no hair.

If you think there is nothing out there that will help you and just give up, then you're just not a man of challenge.

You're aware I had a FUE right? Just follow the link in my signature.

I was told by countless people that it would be a mistake, but I went for it anyway. And people seem to be quite enthusiastic with my results so far.

I beg to differ. Diffuse hair looks much worse than shaved.

I think in some cases help comes too late and is not strong enough. They are not fighting on, they are too scared to accept reality. In these cases accepting fate instead of deluding yourself might be wiser.

Good luck to you swingline747, at least you can admit mistakes.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it bothers nearly all of them, Swingline. They have just made a group decision to pretend they are happy with how they look. Maybe one or two actually are but that's pushing it. It's like amputees after an accident that say it was a good thing because they learned so much about themselves, found purpose in their life, blah, blah, blah. It's a defense mechanism.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it bothers nearly all of them, Swingline. They have just made a group decision to pretend they are happy with how they look. Maybe one or two actually are but that's pushing it. It's like amputees after an accident that say it was a good thing because they learned so much about themselves, found purpose in their life, blah, blah, blah. It's a defense mechanism.

Maybe it does maybe it doesn't

I don't think shaving is giving up. It wasn't for me it was it was just a trial. It just didn't work for me but maybe it does them.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
It's a defense mechanism.

This is single most accurate way I've read to describe what shaving your head really is. It's their way of coping with hair loss. It is exactly a defense mechanism. I honestly believe that a shaved head looks better than a Norwood 4. Or anyone with a bald spot whatsoever. If you have some recession but no bald spot in the back it might be worth while keeping your hair. But when you are sporting obvious hair loss I almost always think it looks better shaved. Or at the very least buzzed as short as possible. I disagree with the some hair is better than no hair. Not for everyone.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Don't worry Swing, Even clowns know to bring their umbrellas to the parade :). You're in a slump right now, but you are going to get your "to hell with it and I don't give a damn"! mojo vibe working again. Hang in there mate and don't stop swinging.
Wait what?
But perhaps their baldness just doesnt bother them as much. I know guys who .lost their hair and couldnt give a crap. I WISH i was one of them.
Yes Fred people like you and I are fighters...... or obsessive compulsive, maybe these terms are just interchangeable. And I am a bit older and much more worn than you and let me tell you my motto..... a REAL man know when to give up. You move to more attainable and prosperous goals. I wasted a LOT of time with things I shouldnt have just because I couldnt give up. Im in a job I hate, have rentals Im tired of, in a relationship I cant stand. etc etc.

Of course I know you had an FUE.... I hope that was a sarcastic question. Yours looks great so far, I wish you all the luck. I can only hope mine still turns out as good. Then again the first week and change of mine I thought I was in the clear. My hair was even still growing before my scalp reacted crazy in my temples. I dont think you will have that problem at all though. The hairs in my center front region never had a bad reaction and grew long as hell before they shed, so in time I know those should still come back.

Personally though I was in a pissy mood when I made this and just attacked them. Rained on their parade. Looking through their threads I didnt see one comment on them attacking guys for taking steps against hairloss at all. In that fact I am a hypocrite and no better than the women everyone here complains about. I have mood problems and took my anger out on another party. Is it true they all look alike..... oh hell yeah, but thats just funny.

wait a week, Ill forget my meds and become a raving angry lunatic again and we can just agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose much of this pretty much boils down to choosing "the lesser evil", or what is less unbearable. This is often defined in subjective terms and as we all eventually discover, "what's good for the goose is ain't necessarily good for the gander". It's almost (dark) comedic how temperamental we sometimes are concerning 'The Hair Care Affair', in particular the quest to learn what coping options work best for us. And in a nut shell it is a learning curve for us all, but we trial and we persistently experiment with various hair styles, thickeners, dyes, potions and lotions, wigs and caps, FUES and SMPS, etc,, before we "get it right" only for a little while. That's to say only until another curve ball is pitched before us.

- - - Updated - - -

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it not deluded to believe that you will be alright if you give up?

Getting a FUE, beard grafts, SMP, all of those solutions exist if you really don't want to be a cueball.

They can work pretty well if you're in the right hands.

It's better than pretending that there is no problem while you're dying internally.

Disfiguredyoungman, out of curiosity, what norwood are you?

Diffuse thinning all over my head in a norwood 5 shape. Hairline might be norwood 2,5. 1481344_325217970942932_1920117947_n.jpg