SBguys forums! WTF!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
swingline, I am fascinated by bald supes...he looks evil. I tested by covering his dome with my hand, then he looks virtuous, but when I remove my hand :(
Took me 5 minutes to make the pic. Its part of my blog post in my sig. I sort of regret it now but good there's confirmation on my assumptions.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Uncomfortable man,have you ever looked into a hair system? I know you guys are not high on systems but I'm a NW6 and used to shave my head slick for 10 years. I'm a good looking guy and looked good but I decided to get a system and I feel so much better and look the way I'm supposed to. Just try it,if you don't like it you take it off and boom,right back to where you were no side effects no harm.**** get one and wear it for a weekend in your home and go out by yourself and see how you feel. It's just an option and if your a NW5 or more no trasplant is going to make you look like a NW1.I don't want to be a NW2.3 or whatever and no a NW3,4 so on does not look better then no hair. You look balding which is worse then slick bald to me.

1. I would be mocked by people who know me to be bald.
2. I would be scared ****less in case other people found out I was bald.

So, even though I might look better with a wig on, I could not wear it.

If I had enough money, I would lead a double life. I would rent an apartment in a not too close city. Create a fake name and go there every weekend and date chicks. During the week I would return to my normal baldite life.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
could just tell those peeps that you got a hair transplant. Also if you are already bald why are you afraid people will find out?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
That's right. One of the biggest depressing qualities of hair loss is the shear knowledge that it will definitely progress indefinitely. Another way to say this is ie: we simply have little say over our "genetic destiny". Looking back I must admit my physical/cosmetic standards have fallen dramatically. Before I first experienced Androgenetic Alopecia , I still remember all too well, the post shock from my initial revelation of hair loss. It still lingers. Ironically today if I were to look at my yesteryear photos of me in the earlier throes of hair loss , they would leave me now with a longing feeling to be a Norwood 3 or even 4 again. Who would have believed? Oh to know what I know about my hair loss now, I wish I appreciated it then.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Also if you are already bald why are you afraid people will find out?

I am afraid people will find out I tried to cover it up with a wig.
For men, covering up a cosmetic flaw is considered worse than having that flaw.
A wig is a lie that does not go away.
I thiml that is why hair transplants are more acceptable.

Your hair transplant play seems good though.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand completely captain. Id be destroyed if people knew I was on treatment for hairloss. I think maybe though with how good some of these guys wigs Ive been seeing look(hell some of them swim in them) you might be ok.

Ive been brushing up on knowledge about wigs and such so that I can help people on here more when they ask, and unless some serious BS is being widespread in the toplace forums some guys look completely undetectable for upwards of 6 months at a time(same wig, but taking it off and putting it back on every 2 weeks).

I figure people are so stupid about hairloss that you could fool them into thinking you got a hair transplant. I know When I regained a bit after I started treatment and used some concealer the first question everyone asked was if I got a hair transplant. If I ever need to my last resort plan will be a Wig, at least if everything im reading is semi true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj94TjkHbp4&feature=youtu.be

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
even though they are delusional, they still closer to reality then most guys on here.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone (that means my family, my friends and my girlfriend) knows I'm on minoxidil, everyone knows I'm getting a FUE.

I don't get what would be the problem. Are people so different here in Europe? Or maybe I only know decent people.

I told everyone about my FUE.... hell I told everyone about my finasteride sides. I can own almost anything.... "ALMOST"

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It's the whole pretending to feel no pain thing. If a guy is hit, although internally he may want to scream, he trys to show no sign of it lest he be viewed as weak. The do not joke about weight rule came from women, regarding their weight, and for the benefit of women. That it is frowned upon to make fun of overweight men is just a side effect. Think about height. It is deemed perfectly ok to deem about shortites, even though it has devastating psychological effects - men go and break their legs, and keep them in a broken states for months in order to gain a couple of measly inches.

Realistically, the only people who can talk about the cruel effects of hairloss to society are older (60+) men who are out of the dating market of youth and middle age.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^
Because only a few people live to be old. lmao.

You know bruce willis has been looking awful lately, he needs to get a tan or something, workout.
wearing a wig in die hard ? Where did you hear about this?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Do the complaints we exchange here about societies" stigma toward baldness validate these biases? Do our personal and public observations of societies' imbalanced ridicule toward bald men and how we hurtfully respond to it, come to reinforce their senseless tirade? Does our inability to transcend this moral and genetic obstacle further support societies' debasing alienation toward us, essentially rendering this stigma and stereo-type the foolhardy law of the land? What if the injured feelings we verbalize and unintentionally demonstrate or project consequently hand feeds the bilious mouth of the prejudicial beast of society( one of many) and lends credence to "civilization's" perpetual and subversive image/idea of the plight of the average bald man? What can we do to corral and break the predatory habits of this unfettered beast? What if all the questions that stem from our abundant suffering is reduced to a single riddle? What if society is correct and our innermost feelings of hostility and resentment are merely an inward extension of humankind's incapacity to truly relate to us as equals? What if the wig was on the other head, would we mirror that uncompassionate behavior pattern? Do we flock to a an automobile crash because we want to help the burning person inside or do we stand frozen along the curb because we want to advertise our superior sense of our own humanity? What do you see when you peer out through the lens of objectivity? On a clear day, sometimes I'll venture to the mall and look for the kiosk selling the strongest coffee, and I'll see someone that resembles the old me. He's got an extra bounce in his step, and appears to have a special destination in mind, and most striking of all his qualities he happens to have inherited the good fortune of possessing a magnificent mane of hair. Then our eyes meet briefly and my face becomes flush at once betraying my much deserved embarrassment. I fake a cough and push my nose down inside the make shift cave of my hand. As he pushes past me our eyes meet again and he slightly nods, maybe to affect a hint of kind acknowledgement? Curiously against my obsequious, better judgement, I bend my neck in alignment with his path, only when it's safe to do so to assure myself that he won't get "the wrong idea" about me. My bigger reason is actually not so reasonable, that is I performed a sneak pass in order to ascertain if the guy that could be me has altered his signature step and demeanor after he saw me and my own permanent disposition. Is his expression softer? It would seem. Am I convinced that there is a more pronounced bounce in his purposeful gait? Well, it's possible. Did he not just recently see an older and noticeably follicular challenged version of himself . Did he even make that connection and if he did why wouldn't it be natural to see him respond with more buoyancy and ease? After all if you were me and I were him, would it not be the same?

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred has it cornered. male pattern baldness, like wrinkles, gray hair, spider veins and drooping body parts, is a sign of “agingâ€￾.

In a youth obsessed culture, in the US especially, once you’re over 30 your age becomes a punch line, and every birthday starts becoming an opportunity for ridicule.

male pattern baldness is subordinate to age related phobias. Like the other things on the list if it makes you look older and/or less desirable, not only to potential romantic partners, but friends, family, and employers, it becomes something to be concealed and denied. Why wouldn’t it be? It becomes internally deeply threatening, and possibly externally as well (you may not get that job).

We literally fashion ourselves, in every facet of existence, to be more appealing to those around us to make life more livable for ourselves. When our capacity to achieve that falls short it does often lead to all sorts of stressors and mental disorders. It’s this last bit I identify with Sartre’s “hell is other peopleâ€￾.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Come on! It should be common knowledge that Bruce Willis was wearing a wig in the first 3 Die Hard movies.

Of course the director of the 4th asked him to wear it again, but he refused, saying they should show his character has gotten old.

So there you have it again, male pattern baldness supposed to be an old man's disease. Even Bruce Willis thinks it is.
I honestly did not know that!
When did he actually have real hair?!
When I say that I mean in other movies he's been in.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Live Free or Die Hard was alot of fun. No hair in that one and definitely none in A Good Day to Die Hard (not very fun).

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
So there you have it again, male pattern baldness supposed to be an old man's disease. Even Bruce Willis thinks it is.

I think its worse than simply an indicator of aging. Men with greying hair are routinely portrayed as sexy (NCIS, http://www.filmjackets.com/TV_JACKETS/ncis/ncis_black_staff_jacket-003.jpg Mark Harmon is 60+), Jeff Goldblum. If you are bald, however, and you display any sex drive even if you are 35, you are a creep. Barring a few exceptions (Statham).

I didnt know Willis wore a wig in the die hard movies either!

jasenwm

Reaction score
1. I would be mocked by people who know me to be bald.
2. I would be scared ****less in case other people found out I was bald.

So, even though I might look better with a wig on, I could not wear it.

If I had enough money, I would lead a double life. I would rent an apartment in a not too close city. Create a fake name and go there every weekend and date chicks. During the week I would return to my normal baldite life.

Genius!!!!LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Agahi may have a point, people are so stupid and oblivious about hair loss they would actually believe it.
This totally worked for me. I was bald slick shaven for 10 years. Some people would ask me if I was bald or did I shave my head? I would tell them I just shaved my head but I would be thinking ''are you stupid? You can totally see the horseshoe?!'' Anyway I was out of work for 8 months due to an injury and I would wear a hat when I was out with friends. It took me two months to grow my hair in on the sides and back for my piece. I would tell them I was getting a hair transplant so I had to grow it in for the donor hair. After I got my piece I said it was a hair transplant. Now I don't know if everyone believes me,I can tell some people know something is up but can't figure out what because it looks like the hair is growing out of my scalp. So I figure hey,I look good,feel good and people are uninformed and unless you wear a piece most people have idea that one can look so natural. I love it so far I have been wearing for 4 months so far.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm enthusiastic to hear your positive experience for choosing to wear a piece. It's a bit confounding to me why some here have such an adverse opinion against it. Although wearing one comes with it's own set of drawbacks I am happy for you and others like yourself who have found the courage and resolve to go this route and in a way have found a new lease on life. Anything great or small that has the propensity to give a positive return or bring relief is worth appreciating. Thanx for sharing.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I can tell some people know something is up

This is the reason why many of us dont like wigs. All it takes is one person to figure out, and then we will be mocked.

It also shows how baldness is a social artifact. The solution, wigs, is readily available; the problem is that wigs arent socially acceptable for men.
"Clothes make the man", so utilizing clothing is acceptable, but something to cover the dome is not?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the reason why many of us dont like wigs. All it takes is one person to figure out, and then we will be mocked.

It also shows how baldness is a social artifact. The solution, wigs, is readily available; the problem is that wigs arent socially acceptable for men.
"Clothes make the man", so utilizing clothing is acceptable, but something to cover the dome is not?

THIS

[video=youtube_share;5v87OifFQNM]http://youtu.be/5v87OifFQNM?t=35s[/video]

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Surely though, wouldn't that same type of person also mock you if they found out you had a hair transplant ?.

Ultimately, if a hair transplant or wig makes a man's head look visibly better and is of decent and realistic (not laughable) quality, then I don't think the overwhelming majority of rational people would begrudge the bald man's attempt at simply trying to look normal and be a normal person, living a normal life, especially if what this bald man had previously was an enormous, pale, pasty and hideously shaped head... it's only the sad, bitter guys mostly bald/balding, or some insecure nw1.5s scared to death of going bald themselves who will ever call you out for a wig or a hair transplant.... but you will encounter these kind of pathetic people on occasion, in every place, til the day you die so if you can't live with this "stigma" and are scared of what these types have to say or think of you, then it's best off not getting a hair transplant or a wig at all and accepting life as part of the nw6/7 crew, at least that way you'll blend in slightly more with society.

Look at Wayne Rooney, he comes out honestly in public and declares he's had a hair transplant and yet still even now people laugh at his situation with constant english tabloid articles mocking and scrutinising the state of his hair with a dozen different pictures from different angles telling him he should spend another £20 000 on the new hair transpant because the old one has gone already! oh hahaha so hilarious! isn't it just?!... and you'll get similar people in real life too scrutinising your hair transplant and most likely bitching behind your back to friends and colleagues about how sh*t it looks and how it's a complete waste of money etc etc...

Like I said if you're that precious that you can't deal with the so called "stigma" from these retards then do yourself and favour and just go fully bald it'll be less hassle altogether, because with a hair transplant you might not look bald, but you certainly won't look like a full head and will likely stand out even more to these retards who so enjoy baiting different looking people in public, at least with a piece (if it's good quality) you will blend in and look like a "legit" fullhead under the radar of these sociopaths! lol